Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
KP (34 pts, 5 blks, 3 asts, 12 rbds, "finishing school" free throws)
46.15%
12 46.15%
Maxi (5 pts, 5 blks, 4 asts, 7 rbds, "man-up defense")
11.54%
3 11.54%
THJ (18 pts, 4 asts)
0%
0 0%
Luka (30 pts, 10 asts, 17 rbds, "finishing school" three, ast, & rbd)
34.62%
9 34.62%
Seth (+18, 21 pts, 4 asts, 3 rbds, final four pts in regulation)
3.85%
1 3.85%
Delon (+11, 10 pts, 5 asts, 3 rbds, 2 stls)
3.85%
1 3.85%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 63 DIRKIE: Winner KP (46%) & Runner-up Luka (35%)
Brick 
Who was the "player of the game" who elevated his game to help the team win?
Like Reply
Luka and Unicorn co-Dirkie.
Like Reply
Luka has to cut the TOs to get my vote. Seth with a phenomenal game. Eclipsed in OT by Tingis Pingis.
Like Reply
Has to be KP being great on BOTH ends of the floor.
Like Reply
Unicorn for me. Luka was too sloppy with the ball.
Like Reply
After Luka has struggled in the clutch for basically the whole season, I am hopeful that this will get him around that corner. 

That series with the three, the pocket pass to KP for the dunk, and the find of Kleber in the corner and then the tip out rebound, sealed the game in a way that someone like MJ would. VERY SPECIAL. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
I would say it's a tie if Luka hadn't been 3 TOs away from a quadruple double.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/12354...22976?s=20

https://twitter.com/espn/status/12354313...92577?s=20

KP was awesome but I will go with Luka.
Like Reply
(03-05-2020, 12:14 AM)embellisher Wrote: Luka and Unicorn co-Dirkie.
¸
This
Like Reply
I think it’s KP, but to give it to him doesn’t do justice to so many players that stepped up their games tonight. One of the things that KP did that didn’t show up on the stat sheet was so many amazing passes that created wide open shots that didn’t fall. I’m really enjoying that development in his game.

Super Glue had the single best 1 on 1 defensive job I’ve ever seen him have against the future of the league in Zion. His stat line (other than 5 blocks) did no justice on how well he did his job, because even bringing Zion out the the 3 line made him much less a factor on defense.

Luka’s game (sure he had 7 TO’s and bad FT shooting) was amazing. Lots and lots of allowing the team to do their thing all while still being effective himself.

Curry was great and Wright and THJ were good as well.
Like Reply
Most surprising really good game: Delon Wright. That was great to see.
Equally surprising: The defense from Kleber, Porzingis and to a lesser degree, WCS on Zion. 
Most important progress: How we closed the game out well...twice really. 

My vote for the Dirkie: Kristops Porzingis! I just bought my Porzingis T-Shirt to support him. 

I got maybe 30 positive comments about my Luka shirt when I was in Vegas. Everybody loves Luka.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/12...6855055360

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/12...1922225153

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/12...6897222657
Like Reply
(03-05-2020, 12:12 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Who was the "player of the game" who elevated his game to help the team win?

Delon.
The rest of the guys just did their jobs and with D on Zion exception not very well.
Like Reply
(03-05-2020, 01:32 AM)LukTheShadow Wrote: Delon.
The rest of the guys just did their jobs and with D on Zion exception not very well.

Wow, you are one demanding fan Smile All Delon really did out of the ordinary was take 5 shots. But I guess this is a 150 % more than previous game, so it qualifies for Dirkie Smile
Like Reply
Maxi's and KPs defense on Zion was amazing. Maxi wont win this but I will give him my vote.  Smile

So glad we have KP...
AND we have Luka too!?!
Like Reply
Unfortunately I had to miss the game, but amazing lines from Luka and KP tonight. Probably their best together as a tandem and a real sign of things to come as they learn how to play together. I voted Luka because he is injured and still put up crazy numbers. Both he and KP are playing at MVP level right now though.
Like Reply
Going with the new triple-double king in DAL, who's half my age Smile
Like Reply
(03-05-2020, 01:35 AM)omahen Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 01:32 AM)LukTheShadow Wrote: Delon.

Wow, you are one demanding fan Smile All Delon really did out of the ordinary was take 5 shots. But I guess this is a 150 % more than previous game, so it qualifies for Dirkie Smile

Just my thoughts on the question. The question is who elevated his game to help W, not who contributed the most, who played well ...

Beside that I think Delon needs some confirmation to raise his confidence. That's by far his biggest deficiency this year which prevent him to develop his full potential which would certainly do no harm to the mavs.
Like Reply
I got Luka. 30-17-10 with a bum hand is no joke. And how could I not on the night he became the all time triple double king in Dallas
Like Reply
(03-05-2020, 01:32 AM)LukTheShadow Wrote: The rest of the guys just did their jobs and with D on Zion exception not very well.
(03-05-2020, 01:54 AM)LukTheShadow Wrote: Just my thoughts on the question. The question is who elevated his game to help W, not who contributed the most, who played well ...

Beside that I think Delon needs some confirmation to raise his confidence. That's by far his biggest deficiency this year which prevent him to develop his full potential which would certainly do no harm to the mavs.
While KP's game is starting to become the norm, if you look at his season numbers, that game was a pretty big elevation in a lot of categories. Also to say, "not very well" about the job everyone else did besides Delon is not in any way true, unless that's not what you meant.

I think 1 vote from a fan on a message board that none of the players read will have no impact on Delon's confidence. Even if everyone agreed with you and voted him, I still think it has no impact.
Like Reply