Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 5.5 pt RAPTOR & 7.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
50.00%
3 50.00%
Pelicans
50.00%
3 50.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 63: NOP (26-36) @ DAL (38-25) | 127-123 win
(03-05-2020, 12:13 AM)hakeemfan Wrote: Gritty win.

True

I was thinking in the 3rd: I miss our blowouts, but then thought this is the kind of game we have to learn how to win.
Like Reply
way to rebound from that bulls game. still too many 3 pt attempts for my liking but WE GOT THE WIN!!
Like Reply
Jrue getting in foul trouble and Ingram fouling out were huge factors. At the same time Mavs missed a ton of shots they normally make. Also when he drives to the rim there were a few opportunities where Luka could have scored than pass. IMO he misses Powell and that slight extra space he gives due to the defender hugging him.
Like Reply
Mavs need to keep improving roster-wise. This Pels team scares me, tbh. Zion/Ingram/Ball wont be fun to play against next year.
Like Reply
(03-05-2020, 12:17 AM)hakeemfan Wrote: IMO he misses Powell and that slight extra space he gives due to the defender hugging him.

The Powell injury has led to the emergence of KP as a 5 on this team. But there are little things that Powell did that are missed. Luka has taken more of a beating since Powell went down.
Like Reply
(03-05-2020, 12:20 AM)donzingis38 Wrote: Mavs need to keep improving roster-wise. This Pels team scares me, tbh. Zion/Ingram/Ball wont be fun to play against next year.
Pels are very talented. They would probably have a similar record to us had Zion played all season. They are going to be good for a long time.
Like Reply
wooooooooo
Like Reply
(03-05-2020, 12:20 AM)donzingis38 Wrote: Mavs need to keep improving roster-wise. This Pels team scares me, tbh. Zion/Ingram/Ball wont be fun to play against next year.

Their roster is tremendous. There are too many good teams in the West. The Mavs will have to make some sort of boss move this summer. That said, I think a lot of the intimidating teams in the West are still envious of the Mavs' position with a 21-year-old superstar and a 24-year-old superstar.
Like Reply
Complete team effort. Lonzo was unstoppable from 3 but Seth matched it (which we know he can do). The bonus came from THJ, Wright, and Lee going 8/15.
Like Reply
Yea pelicans and grizzlies are gonna be on the come up next year. And SAS, POR and GSW should most likely be better and healthy. The west is gonna be tougher than its been in a while.
Like Reply

They have stars due to giving up a transcendent player.  Our supporting cast is very good too. Just hurt by the injury bug.  If Luka and KP can stay healthy, I think we will always be the better team.
Like Reply
(03-05-2020, 12:34 AM)hakeemfan Wrote: If Luka and KP can stay healthy, I think we will always be the better team.

You're such a hater! ;-)
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1235...35616?s=20
Like Reply
That was yet another team who played us extremely hard and had lots of things fall their way after a bad loss for them. I was very proud of how hard we played right back at them and this time we got the win. Make that record 1-3 in overtime for us. 

I am so happy! Playoff runs are so much fun!
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
(03-05-2020, 12:34 AM)hakeemfan Wrote:

They have stars due to giving up a transcendent player.  Our supporting cast is very good too. Just hurt by the injury bug.  If Luka and KP can stay healthy, I think we will always be the better team.

Oh, absolutely. Luka/KP duo is a dream come true for us. No doubt.

But I still want them to look for a DFS replacement in the starting lineup. Like a legit shutdown player.

If only Marcus Smart was available..
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1235...01312?s=20
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/statu...2246531075
Like Reply
Man, what an exhilarating win!
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1235444934859272194?s=20
Like Reply
Excellent game tonight. NOLA team is a tough match up for us as they are long and strong. Offensively, basically everyone on the team gave what he is supposed to. Luka and KP were stars with 30 something each on decent percentage. THJ good third man with 18 and Seth excellent 6th man. Good to see Wright hit 3 threes. Other than that, bench is depleted and starters played huge minutes. I hope they save something for the playoffs Smile

Some observations:
- Luka injuries are tough. It takes some two weeks off to heal that kind of thumb or ankle injury. 
- I don't really understand why the league is hyping up a player who is a freak athlete, but really doesn't have much other basketball skills. I still don't believe his body will last long. Maxi did an excellent job defensively. But he is a freak athlete, such explosiveness. Imagine he would have Luka basketball IQ
- starting guards need to improve defensively a lot, to be competitive in the playoffs. Giving up some way to easy baskets. 
- Lonzo is really hot from 3 point line lately. Second game in a row with 7 threes on good percentage. Luckily he can't do much else.
- this was a terrible loss for Pels, as Memphis won against New Jersey. Portland also won and is game and a half in front of them. Although, they screwed up yesterday - should really won that one.
- DFS left and did not return with hip injury. We can't lose another rotation player
Like Reply