Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Bulls 109
(03-04-2020, 04:23 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: What if you added context. Compared to the other ballhandlers. Barea and Wright combined for 1 point in 39 minutes. Not a single made FG.
Can you explain what points scored have to do with ball handlers as the only stat to show to prove whatever point you’re trying to make? Hoping that doesn’t come off as condescending, don’t know how else to word it if it is, just really want to know where that thought process is going.

The context that I see is that when other ball handlers are in the game with Luka, very often it becomes hot potato when they have the ball and Luka doesn’t. That is probably mostly on the other ball handlers and not so much Luka, but there are things he can do to ease those nerves too, like after he passes the ball, don’t run a circle back to the top of the key and call for the ball. Plenty of other things he can do to show confidence in teammates that do well enough when he is not in the game.

Wright showed a lot more promise earlier in the season than now. I wonder if his regression has to do with some of the stuff he candidly said in the Cato interview. He has the ability to be a good enough player for what we need him to be, he just hasn’t shown it much lately.

The discussion goes well beyond the one game, or at least I know HF and what I have been trying to convey does. The chosen direction about what the other ball handlers did in this one game, while it has merit, has little to do with the whole of the issue being brought up IMO.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Bulls 109 - by ItsGoTime - 03-04-2020, 06:33 PM