Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Bulls 109
(03-03-2020, 10:45 PM)duboh7 Wrote: With about 50 pts sitting-out, there's no doubt we were going to struggle a bit,  But, in addition it didn't look out guys were mentally sharp.  Then add CHI Bench = 60 v. MAVS Bench= 19.  Ouch!! can't win with that.

There a players on the bench who unfortunately have been deemed 0s offensively by the coach because they cant make 3s. Boban who is shaqlike with pure size/power in the paint scores and boards over anyone with ease and requires an instant double to keep outta position/from catching the ball, and changes the dynamic of the floor with his presence alone. WCS is more of a mini "needs polishing" TC who again helps create a different look on P&Rs that can be used say when KP is resting or along side him with KP/Maxi or whoever parked in the left corner to stretch the floor while he P&Rs people to death say with Luka/THJ/Seth/Delon/Brunson/Barea or whoever. Even some SF to C like Trix used to do from the FT line makes the offense less predictable and isnt coaching if luka has to just always "breakdown the defense" and "create something from nothing". Some better screens from bigs that roll and finish hard at the hoop could change things, as could more size to better the defensive/rebounding capabilities of the group but Rick is stubborn. I made a joke in a game thread a while back saying we could have prime Shaq on this team and Rick wouldn't play him because he cant shoot 3s. Huh

Even MKG has a motor like young Matrix/or Corey Brewer (one of my fave energy guys ever) and is always moving in the paint for slip passes and putbacks like DFS but he cant shoot so gets no time. And Lee reminds me of DSteve in ways that he defends well enough, is legit size that as part of a group is better than would be one on one but gets less time than JJ (who while it may have made sense earlier in the year to see what we had; is terrible both defensively and on the boards for his size... not even counting his brickfest from 3. Really thought he was gonna get waived over Brokoff and wish it happened too b/c Brokoff at least was decent defensively for the team, grabbed a board/boxed out better and could make it rain from 3 when ready. Rick just is the master of pysching people out and making them almost not care anymore. From Trix to Haywood, Delon (earlier in the year when he was let alone and more consistent) Maxi last year over Powell (who's a scrub from 3 and any shot there from him is a wasted possession),Rondo (though I know I'm supposed to hate him) even Kidd/Dirk had to tell him what they thought needed doing to make things flow right.

People always say how the game is mostly read and react and we also play mostly jumpshooters, why not add a different screen/roll element to the attack using our bigs. Who gives a fuck they cant make a 3. They can dunk in the paint, change/block shots, make at least 1 FT getting fouled (something the whole team seems to need work on) and keep the entire defense from going to pot when KP sits like our offense used to die when Dirk sat. All good teams have a lineup they can grind on teams..... especially when the shots aren't falling, we just keep shooting. If that's the coaching scheme, well you guys see why I'm no fan of Rick.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Bulls 109 - by dmavs4life03 - 03-04-2020, 06:51 AM