Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Bulls 109
(03-03-2020, 09:03 AM)omahen Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 08:12 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Yep without a healthy left hand he is not a transcendent player, especially when his three point shot is what it is.

Interesting how the discussion is still about a Luka 23-5-9 stat line with a +10 +-. I would say a much bigger issue is production of the other two point guards:
Wright, 0 points on 2 attempts in 26 minutes
Barea, 0-3 in 13 minutes

Their combined line in 39 minutes was: 1-6-9 and 4 turnovers. 

Basketball is a team sport and Luka is not a magician who can just make lay-ups against three guards. Others need to spread the floor for him or create at times. 3point shot was bad and there was basically zero shot creation. I am not saying he is mistake free. Of course not. However, we have to be realistic. Mavs have 4 good offensive players and are second tier playoff team when healthy. Take two of this players out, and they become bad team. Unfortunately, Maxi, DFS and the rest does not have the quality to step up on offense.

Maxi and DFS both had good games on offense. 3-point shooting and in DFS case some highlight plays in the paint. Guard play was bad. And that includes Luka. Without his handles he just isn´t the same player. The team really missed Curry. He has carried the offense in the last few games.
Thing is that we have different expectations for Luka. I am not suprised when JJB cannot produce because he is ready to retire. I also watched Wright hesitate on offense all season long. Not suprised that he has another off game.
The most obvious difference compared to their usual performance was Luka struggling to create of the dribble. Struggling to switch hands. Slower changes of direction. The injury really handicapped him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Bulls 109 - by dirkfansince1998 - 03-03-2020, 09:12 AM