Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Forget Who Did the Mavs Get After Trading Shake Milton?
The question in the title of the thread is a serious question because I really don’t remember, and no I will NOT google it  Big Grin

Is Shake Milton yet another example of the Mavs being cute in the draft and missing out on a pretty good prospect? Or is Shake just reaching his peak and will trail off eventually? Perhaps this is a “nothing to see here” scenario? Thoughts?
Like Reply
Mavs must have gotten something really good like LeBron in his prime.
Like Reply
(03-01-2020, 06:41 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Mavs must have gotten something really good like LeBron in his prime.

Kostas Greek Jr and Raymond Spalding.
Like Reply
(03-01-2020, 06:50 PM)chaparral Wrote:
(03-01-2020, 06:41 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Mavs must have gotten something really good like LeBron in his prime.

Kostas Greek Jr and Raymond Spalding.

Basically the same thing
Like Reply
I wanted him bigly... Shit happens
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Shake who?  Right or wrong, Dallas played the long game with the Antetokounmpo family.

[Image: 8984499.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs...height=320]
Like Reply
Shake baked the Clippers today, lol.
Like Reply
For all the good finds this has got to hurt. 6’6” guy who can defend and shoot. Plus he was from their backyard and they had drafted him. Can’t just blame the Mavs because so many teams overlooked him, but darn we had him. Oh well.
Like Reply
sighhhhhhhhhhhh
Like Reply
Nothing to see here.

Nobody's going to lose sleep missing out on him, lol
Like Reply
(03-02-2020, 02:14 AM)donzingis38 Wrote: Nothing to see here.

Nobody's going to lose sleep missing out on him, lol

Seriously?  Losing sleep is not the only criterion.  You are correct there. However, I bet a lot of GMs including Donnie are kicking themselves hard though that they overlooked him. 

The guy has been extremely consistent once he has started getting decent minutes.
Like Reply
Roddy B also scored 40 points in a game once. Let's not get too carried away here yet.
Like Reply
I wonder how these comments would go had we actually kept Shake.
Like Reply
Thing is that the Mavs wouldn´t have drafted him anyway. I am all for a better use of 2nd round picks but pointing to a single player that was drafted in the 2nd round doesn´t make any sense. Even if the pick was technically performed by the Mavs.
Like Reply
He was drafted by the Mavs, so to say they wouldn’t have drafted him is pretty weird. They didn’t want him more than 2 other players they thought were worth at least as much, but to draft him is to say he is the bpa.
Like Reply
(03-02-2020, 12:07 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: He was drafted by the Mavs, so to say they wouldn’t have drafted him is pretty weird. They didn’t want him more than 2 other players they thought were worth at least as much, but to draft him is to say he is the bpa.

That´s your assumption. The way I understood it the Mavs traded the pick and selected Milton for the 76ers. Donnie or the scouting department never made that choice.
Like Reply
I guess you think your assumption is better than mine.

Edit: Scratch that. Mine is fact. The Mavs selected Shake Milton. Yours is assumption.
Like Reply
(03-02-2020, 02:36 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I guess you think your assumption is better than mine.

Edit: Scratch that. Mine is fact. The Mavs selected Shake Milton. Yours is assumption.

Were you in contact with Donnie during draft night? Otherwise I am not really sure where your info is coming from. The Hawks drafted Luka. Did they do it for themself? No.
On the official record it will say that the Mavs selected Milton but in reality they most likely had an agreement with the 76ers. Just like the Mavs and Hawks for Luka and Trae.
Like Reply
^^
“most likely” makes it an assumption. How am I wrong on that? Mavs selected Milton, Phi selected Spalding. Trade didn’t happen til after those two things occurred. Everything else is assumption. 

Plenty of scenarios to “assume” went on that night to narrow it down to just the one you believe to be true...unless you were in there with Donnie.
Like Reply
(03-02-2020, 03:11 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: ^^
“most likely” makes it an assumption. How am I wrong on that? Mavs selected Milton, Phi selected Spalding. Trade didn’t happen til after those two things occurred. Everything else is assumption. 

Plenty of scenarios to “assume” went on that night to narrow it down to just the one you believe to be true...unless you were in there with Donnie.

I guess this conversation is going nowhere because all of the trades on draft night technically happen after the pick is made. Hawks drafted Luka. Mavs drafted Trae.
Like Reply