Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking my boys to their first Mavs game Sunday
Hey MFFLs! Just wanted to share my excitement that for the first time in about 7 years, I will get to attend a Mavs game.

Back when I used to live in Fort Worth, I went to a ton of games by taking the TRE over and getting $2 tickets to sit at the very top of the AAC. My last Mavs home game was actually Game 2 versus the Blazers in 2011 which was amazing, but then I moved away from the DFW area actually the day before the championship parade.

I've now lived in Minnesota for a few years but never had the chance to make it over to the Twin Cities to see the Mavs when they've come to town for a variety of reasons. Luckily this is the year that the stars have aligned where the game is on a weekend (day game even better!), there's no snow in the forecast, and I don't have to work.

Needless to say I am really excited, and I'm just hoping that Luka and KP can make it through the Miami game tonight healthy so they can play on Sunday. Either way though, probably the most exciting part is that since both my boys were born since we moved up to Minnesota, this will be their first game to go to ever. I'm not sure how well they'll tolerate it since they are young, but getting them decked out in their Mavs gear and getting to share something I love so much with them is what I'm looking forward to most!
Like Reply
Hope the stars stay aligned and your family gets to see what a Unicorn looks like and witness some Luka Magic live...

And especially now this is a must win game...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(02-28-2020, 10:23 AM)DrMav Wrote: Hey MFFLs! Just wanted to share my excitement that for the first time in about 7 years, I will get to attend a Mavs game.

Back when I used to live in Fort Worth, I went to a ton of games by taking the TRE over and getting $2 tickets to sit at the very top of the AAC. My last Mavs home game was actually Game 2 versus the Blazers in 2011 which was amazing, but then I moved away from the DFW area actually the day before the championship parade.

I've now lived in Minnesota for a few years but never had the chance to make it over to the Twin Cities to see the Mavs when they've come to town for a variety of reasons. Luckily this is the year that the stars have aligned where the game is on a weekend (day game even better!), there's no snow in the forecast, and I don't have to work.

Needless to say I am really excited, and I'm just hoping that Luka and KP can make it through the Miami game tonight healthy so they can play on Sunday. Either way though, probably the most exciting part is that since both my boys were born since we moved up to Minnesota, this will be their first game to go to ever. I'm not sure how well they'll tolerate it since they are young, but getting them decked out in their Mavs gear and getting to share something I love so much with them is what I'm looking forward to most!

Awesome! Must win!
Like Reply
Awesome Dr Mav. I have a 9 month old. First thing i bought him was a Mavs onesie. I sit him with me to watch every game. I'm starting him off early. 
I can imagine your excitement for you and your boys.

Have fun and I truly hope both Luka and KP play that day!
Like Reply
Hope you all have a great time and the game is entertaining.
Plus the Mavs win obviously
Like Reply
Update after the game:

The boys, my wife, and I each had a great time! It was a bummer that Luka didn't play, but it was still great to see KP dominate and the Mavs come away with a nice win!

So whenever the Mavs would shoot free throws, the arena all howls like a wolf and my boys loved doing that! Maybe those extra howls from them explains some of the poor FT shooting last night haha.
Like Reply
My son was born (I mean my wife was in labor - if she is reading this!!) just hours after the Mavs beat the Bulls in December of 2000. My first downtime in the hospital was holding him against my chest to watch the Mavs beat the Nets on the 9th. He is a Freshman in college in another state this year, and to say that Mavs games are a big part of our bond is too much of an understatement to describe. Cherish these moments because they are fleeting when you get to say "let's go to the game!"

I am so glad that you got to share this with your boys, and we probably should be thankful that the Mavs are still "affordable" for families to be able take in a game on occasion!
Like Reply