Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports Southwest Feb 29
Hey y'all negotiations are back on and the deadline has been extended.
Like Reply
(02-29-2020, 08:14 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Hey y'all negotiations are back on and the deadline has been extended.
YouTube TV was about to lose a lot of customers. I think they underestimated the value of Fox Sports.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1...39776?s=20

Glad I waited to do any shuffling of services.  I hope this works out.
Like Reply
Not trying to brag, but this extension is the direct result of the toxic email I sent to YouTube TV support. You're welcome.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Keep up the fight y'all!
Like Reply
(03-01-2020, 12:40 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Not trying to brag, but this extension is the direct result of the toxic email I sent to YouTube TV support. You're welcome.
I also sent one...haha
Like Reply
If you do anything with streaming look up SportsTv

We've been using that for the last few months and its amazing. 10 bucks for 3 tvs per month and it has like between 6500-8000 channels. It has the important stuff like NBA league pass and local sports channels like FSSW as well as every other one for every other team and local city channels. It also has all the PPV and Movie channels for US UK CAN and a bunch of other countries.

Im cheap so I'd use Kodi for streaming shows or movies that weren't "Live" but I got tired of watching my Mavs on the PC or Phone and wanted a live experience again like when we used to spend way to much for regular cable... SportsTv app gave me back that happiness lmao
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1...20070?s=20

I think the YES network is being cancelled but they may be keeping FSSW.  I am still receiving that channel right now.  idk...

Update: YouTube TV says the FOX RSNs that will be removed will happen later today. Subscribers will be notified if they live in a market that is losing FOX RSNs. At this time only Yes Network, Fox Sports Prime Ticket, and Fox Sports West will be dropped.

https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1...12098?s=20

Dodgy
Like Reply
Early this morning, YouTube TV and Sinclair reached a new deal that will keep only some of Fox Sports Regional Sports Networks on the service. YouTube TV confirmed that they “reached agreement with Sinclair and we’ll no longer offer Fox Regional Sports Networks in select areas.”
While the company hasn’t shared which Fox Sports RSNs have officially been dropped, The Streamable has learned that the service will no longer offer YES NetworkFox Sports Prime Ticket, and Fox Sports West. Customers in New York and Los Angeles will continue to pay the same rate as subscribers in markets where Fox Sports RSNs remain.
As of now, the following channels will remain on YouTube TV as part of the new agreement.
FOX Sports Arizona
FOX Sports Carolinas
FOX Sports Detroit
FOX Sports Florida
FOX Sports Indiana
FOX Sports Kansas City
FOX Sports Midwest
FOX Sports New Orleans
FOX Sports North
FOX Sports Ohio
FOX Sports San Diego
FOX Sports South
FOX Sports Southeast
FOX Sports Southwest
FOX Sports Sun
FOX Sports Tennessee
FOX Sports Wisconsin
Sportstime Ohio

Crisis averted Smile

https://thestreamable.com/news/these-are...youtube-tv
Like Reply
Looks like I'm still good then. Good news
Like Reply
Great, we avoided the dreaded 'hulu'.
Like Reply
Thank God.
Like Reply
Memphis game not available for me for some reason. Not good.

So YouTube limits zip codes now for FSW so me being in Little Rock is no good  Guess it's time for Hulu.
Like Reply
2 options:

- Have my family in Dallas log in for me and set the home location to Dallas for now to get me through the end of the season.
- Get League pass for a month and a half if League pass doesn't also blackout the games. I might just do the latter since it won't cost that much. Issue is their blackout rules are really confusing. I think I am "in market" still for Mavs games so I am not certain yet whether I will get the games if I get League pass.

I travel to Dallas a few times a year so I might just make sure I log in every time I go so that I don't lose the Dallas zipcode as my home location.
Like Reply
(03-07-2020, 08:27 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: 2 options:

- Have my family in Dallas log in for me and set the home location to Dallas for now to get me through the end of the season.
- Get League pass for a month and a half if League pass doesn't also blackout the games. I might just do the latter since it won't cost that much. Issue is their blackout rules are really confusing. I think I am "in market" still for Mavs games so I am not certain yet whether I will get the games if I get League pass.

I travel to Dallas a few times a year so I might just make sure I log in every time I go so that I don't lose the Dallas zipcode as my home location.

We have the same issue with our local provider.

I live in Heber Springs.

I get Fox Sports, including FSSW, but they black out Mavs games because of Memphis and Rangers games because of the Cardinals.
Like Reply
I might try NBA league pass altho it still thinks I am in market for all these games that are clearly not broadcast in my area so I feel like I am stuck in no man's land.
Like Reply
Okay so here is my solution for you if you are outside the FSW zip code and don't want to move off of YoutubeTV. It's not great but not terrible.

What I did was pay $13 for one month of ExpressVPN, then used the Dallas server (not Dallas 2 which YTV detected and wouldn't let me proceed). Using the first Dallas server I was able to update my home location to a Dallas zip code on YTV which will last 3 months which is longer than the rest of the season.

I travel to Dallas a few times a year so I might just use my parent's house as my home location if this is going to be an ongoing thing. The other option would be if I have to pay $13, 3 times over the course of a season to avoid moving to Hulu.

I used Hulu before YTV and it's fine but on FSW sometimes it would force ad breaks which is a major irritant to me. I haven't seen any forced ad breaks on DVR (on demand of course has ads) which I really like.
Like Reply