Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 6.5 pt RAPTOR & 8.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
60.00%
6 60.00%
Kings
40.00%
4 40.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 55: SAC (21-33) @ DAL (33-22) | 130-111 win
Heart 
[Image: EQbNEhKUYAEdueb?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
We are slumping fast. In terms of my confidence in team, this team currently feels like pre trade team from last year where you really don't know what you are going to get. I think that has been part of fan frustration this year.

Hopefully we play with energy tomorrow and go to break with come feel good vibe.
Like Reply
The Kings seem like just the sort of athletic, aggressive team that will give the Mavs a problem.  The Mavs have to achieve the same level of focus and committment that they seem to have for road games.
Like Reply
Luka's back? Win.
Like Reply
Must win game, as always.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...1694633986
Like Reply
those odds sky rocketed once Luka announced he was playing. Really funny to see
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Free Willy against his former team, please. Actually, free Willy, period.
Like Reply
I have picked Mavs to win twice this season in the game thread and they lost both times.  To test my unluck I’m picking them to lose this game.  

If they win then I can be used as a reverse jinx picker for important games.  So keep this in mind as season goes and when you need a win have me pick to lose.
Like Reply
Not sure I like allowing Luka to rush back from the injury after already having reaggravated it once.

But I know one thing we do need to do this game

https://media.giphy.com/media/kSSaXkcKcV8M8/giphy.gif
Like Reply
(02-11-2020, 06:11 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Not sure I like allowing Luka to rush back from the injury after already having reaggravated it once.

But I know one thing we do need to do this game

https://media.giphy.com/media/kSSaXkcKcV8M8/giphy.gif

Yeah 100% this.

It felt like he rushed back the first time and he didn't look 100% right. Puzzling why it seems like they're walking down the same path again.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-11-2020, 06:11 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Not sure I like allowing Luka to rush back from the injury after already having reaggravated it once.

1. How do you know they are rushing him?
2. How do you know he reaggravated the first injury? It could be just a coincidence, ankle injuries are common.

Stop being internet doctors and trust the highly proffessional stuff!
Like Reply
(02-12-2020, 12:47 AM)omahen Wrote:

1. How do you know they are rushing him?
2. How do you know he reaggravated the first injury? It could be just a coincidence, ankle injuries are common.

Stop being internet doctors and trust the highly proffessional stuff!

1. I don't suspect they are rushing it. I suspect Luka is. With a star like him it would take some serious gumption from the staff to tell him no, and if his pain tolerance is good it would be hard to detect for the medical staff

I have actually taken a very similar ankle sprain before playing basketball and I rushed it back. I know exactly what it feels like and remember the doctor telling me not to rush it back because of the heightened risk of reaggravating it. It needs to be immobilized as much as it can and rehabbed, and you have no chance of returning until you can physically run again. That was when I returned, once I could run again after a couple of weeks. I probably should have given it another week or two because it was still painful but I could play. Ultimately I didn't even reaggravate it, but if I had I sure wouldn't have elected to come back for one relatively meaningless game before an extended break period that presented a chance to let it heal better before another long stretch of games. 

2. Seriously? It's the same effing injury on the same effing ankle on an injury I have been personally told before by a doctor that has a decent likelihood of being reaggravated if you rush it. It could be a coincidence but if it looks like, and smells like... etc

I'm am guessing based on what I've seen but it is an educated guess.
Like Reply
(02-12-2020, 02:00 AM)MrGoat Wrote: With a star like him it would take some serious gumption from the staff to tell him no

Nope. Because if Luka is out, it is on them. Their job! I can't imagine it would work like what you are saying. Even if he would be pushing them, it is their obligation to raise it to higher authority.

Your past experience does not make it an educated guess as you still lack all the specific information.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/12...6022222848
Like Reply
Apart from the recovery/rehab, won't the trainers work on prevention by wrapping it as much as Luka can stand?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1227662992457773062
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Wink 
(02-12-2020, 02:02 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1227662992457773062
Too late, i am already pumped for Luka!   He must play  Wink
Like Reply
Great to see Luka finally back, he has been sorely missed. Looks like Delon Wright is also probable for tonight, guess that ankle injury wasn't an injury. 

I wish we could see MKG/WCS play +20 mins tonight but I think a DNP-CD is more likely for both.
Like Reply
(02-12-2020, 06:43 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Great to see Luka finally back, he has been sorely missed. Looks like Delon Wright is also probable for tonight, guess that ankle injury wasn't an injury. 

I wish we could see MKG/WCS play +20 mins tonight but I think a DNP-CD is more likely for both.
What???  I better see me some WCS tonight or I'm gonna be pizzed.  I can understand if MKG doesn't play.
Like Reply