Poll: Porzingis for Embiid?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
52.17%
12 52.17%
No
47.83%
11 47.83%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If chance presented itself, should Mavs consider trading Porzingis for Embiid ?
https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/1226947505478348801

There are already a lot of rumors about Embiid and Ben Simmons can't fit alongside each other. If chance presented itself, shouuld Mavs considering trading Porizingis for Embiid
Like Reply
I wouldn't.  Embiid's injury history scares me more than KPs, he's older than KP, and he isn't even a unicorn, so no thanks.
Like Reply
(02-10-2020, 03:35 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: I wouldn't.  Embiid's injury history scares me more than KPs, he's older than KP, and he isn't even a unicorn, so no thanks.

+1
Like Reply
I take KP 10/10 times
Like Reply
They'd be stupid to trade Embiid before Simmons
Like Reply
KP is just a big wing.  Embiid is a dinosaur. Smile
Like Reply
They should trade Simmons. He can't shoot at all and he's their problem due to spacing. Embid is a beast. I wouldn't trade KP however.
Like Reply
(02-10-2020, 04:22 PM)Jym Wrote: They'd be stupid to trade Embiid before Simmons

This. Simmons has been borderline unplayable in the playoffs, despite his great D and playmaking skills.

To be honest, though, if they offered Embiid for KP straight up, you would at least have to consider it. He's a beast, albeit a totally different fit around Luka.
Like Reply
That chance won't present itself so don't worry about it.

If we put KP on the market other teams would see that as a huge red flag and we would be very disappointed by the offers we would see.
Like Reply
Embiid is basically a 25 PER guy with win shares per 48 minutes twice the NBA average. He’s a regular all star starter caliber player. Zinger is maybe an 18 PER player with win shares equivalent to an average NBA player. Zinger’s also an awkward mover with huge injury risk. They’re not even in the same zip code as players. Embiid is just miles better based on every objective criterion.
Like Reply
easy yes
Like Reply
(02-10-2020, 11:41 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Embiid is basically a 25 PER guy with win shares per 48 minutes twice the NBA average. He’s a regular all star starter caliber player.  Zinger is maybe an 18 PER player with win shares equivalent to an average NBA player.  Zinger’s also an awkward mover with huge injury risk.  They’re not even in the same zip code as players.  Embiid is just miles better based on every objective criterion.
Yeah not even a debate.

Except of course it is around here due to homerism.

That's the story of the thread.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/RobMaaddi/status/122...8404449281

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEduNITi4.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Maybe it's because he's not on my team, but I hate his attitude.
Like Reply
(02-11-2020, 08:01 PM)cow Wrote: Maybe it's because he's not on my team, but I hate his attitude.

This is my biggest hangup with Embiid. There is no denying that the guy is the best center in the game today. He is an incredible talent, but it seems like he has the mental maturity of a 12 year old middle schooler.

I mean it's all fun and games when you're trolling people when you're winning, but the Sixers have underperformed every single year now in the playoffs. And most of the blame doesn't fall on Embiid for those shortcomings, but if he wants to be the franchise player and leader of that team, how he's acting is the antithesis of what you want from that tag. 

The man started posting cryptic messages on social media after an uncorroborated report that OTHER teams in the league were preparing for the off chance that he could hit the market. That makes zero sense. He added fuel to the fire for no reason. That is unless he's trying to force his way out. And that explains why he then started to fraternize with the dude who just left the team he's on for a rival Eastern conference team in the playoff hunt. If Embiid was doing this on the Mavs I'd be livid. 

Thats before getting into his shot selection and how he takes many plays off on defense. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Embiid has to take those 3's because a certain player on his team refuses to shoot anything, but you can't excuse lack of trying. 

And thats where I'm at with Embiid. He's a guy who could literally be dominating the league like Giannis, but instead he chooses to partake in drama and gives what seems like half assed effort (from an outsider prospective), and then he goes to complain about it on a public forum. 

As much as I would LOVE to have Embiid here, I would not want him if the cost was for KP. While Embiid is the better player today, KP's attitude and outlook tips the scale for me. Do you honestly think Embiid would've taken a backseat as willingly as KP did when Luka broke out this year? No he wouldn't have.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Lazy attitude and does a lot of talking. Seems just like a Carlisle guy.
Like Reply
Embiid is better player, but I would pass.
1-More injury concern.
2-UFA in 2021
3-Bad fit to RC system and Luka.

All 3 together, we are better with KP than Embiid. That isn't even counting his big mouth
Like Reply
No way... If we could get Embiid as the 5th starter/3rd star, yeah...but NO on trading one of our two stars for him.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
I might, reluctantly trade Maxi for him, right Scott?  Smile
Like Reply