Poll: Options
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Maurice Harkless
50.00%
11 50.00%
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
40.91%
9 40.91%
Reggie Jackson
0%
0 0%
Evan Turner
0%
0 0%
Allan Crabbe
0%
0 0%
Jeff Green
0%
0 0%
Wayne Ellington
0%
0 0%
Tyler Johnson
0%
0 0%
Iman Shumpert
4.55%
1 4.55%
Jamal Crawford
4.55%
1 4.55%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buyout / veteran addition poll
I think it's Harkless or MKG. 
Voted Harkless. Very similar to DFS. 
MKG might have a bit more strength and intangibles but no floor spacing.

The choice may boil down to what you want to do with KP, and how you evaluate WCS as a Powell replacement.

If you want to start KP at Center I think you can pair him with MKG in the starting lineup, with MKG playing the Powell role. 

If you want to start WCS next to KP I think Harkless makes more sense in the Jackson / Broekoff role off the bench.

Personally, I'd prefer to start MKG but Harkless seems less risky and less disruptive to what the Mavs were doing before Powell went down.
Like Reply
Voted MKG...he can guard 1-4 and is perfect for this team who needs more defense...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Thanks for the poll.

I can't just choose one, so I'm going to rank em.

1. Maurice Harkless- Dude is everything we want in a wing right now. 
2. Evan Turner- Sneaky good defender and ball handler off the bench.
3. MKG- Basically all defense no offense but is very very young.
4. Allen Crabbe- His last couple of seasons have been god awful, but at one point he was a 37% 3pt shooter who could defend. 
5. Iman Shumpert- Always liked his defense but he can't shoot, so might as well go after MKG since he's younger.
6. Jeff Green- Dude was always one of those "get hot any night" kind of guys, but those days seem to be behind him and we already have someone like that in THJ. Plus no defense.
7. Wayne Ellington- We already have someone who is playing his role in Ryan Broekhoff. Plus he already was here and rode the bench. Doubt there'd be a reunion. 
8. Jamal Crawford- I mean he's old, but he did score 50 on us last season. He'd be an interesting add, but I doubt he could stay in front of anyone.
9. Tyler Johnson- We don't need any more guards. And he isn't better than any one of our current guards.
10. Reggie Jackson- see above, but worse. 

Overall I'd take Harkless if I could choose. If I was the Mavs I'd waive Jackson and Bro and try to get 2 of MKG/Harkless/Turner.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Obviously between Harkless and MKG but I don´t think the Mavs will have the choice. Ring chasers won´t choose the Mavs. Both LA teams, the Rockets, potentially the Jazz/Nuggets and multiple eastern teams have better chances. Mavs cannot offer more money and don´t have any other advantage.
Like Reply
(02-10-2020, 12:48 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Obviously between Harkless and MKG but I don´t think the Mavs will have the choice.

Don't agree with this at all. The Mavs can potentially offer a starting role on a playoff team, with the chance to be a four seed. They have a 20 year-old who was playing at an MVP level and the best shooting center in the NBA. The Mavs and Bucks offer probably the best fit for MKG in the league. And Harkless could have a major role here. Given how drastically the league has changed, even over the course of this season, I could see him starting in a 5-out lineup to open the game.
Like Reply
I want Harkless but he might just go to other contender other than Mavs. MKG is the most gettable guy but he is shooting bother me a lots.
Like Reply
Would really like Harkless, but I think he'll wind up in LA or Milwaukee. Wouldn't mind MKG, his lack of offense wouldn't be as much of a problem here as it is other places.
Like Reply
(02-10-2020, 12:48 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Obviously between Harkless and MKG but I don´t think the Mavs will have the choice. Ring chasers won´t choose the Mavs. Both LA teams, the Rockets, potentially the Jazz/Nuggets and multiple eastern teams have better chances. Mavs cannot offer more money and don´t have any other advantage.
I agree that there are teams with better championship prospects (this year at least) than DAL. The downside is that there are only so many open spots on contending teams. 

But the younger guys need to be looking for a team they can make a contribution to for their own long-term interests. Late season, end of bench add-on is not going to keep the $$ flowing next year. If I was a 2-4 year player who has not played to my draft position, rehabbing in DAL would be an attractive position given the team's history of career rehab success.
Like Reply
Agree @"michaeltex" guys like Harkless and MKG aren't "ring chasers". They're still trying to establish themselves in this league and will be looking for a team offering the best long term fit and opportunity to earn another contract.

Honestly if the Mavs are ready to roll with KP as a full time starter, there's no reason why Dallas couldn't add both MKG and Harkless. 

Sign MKG today and Harkless if/when he gets a buyout at the end of the month. 

MKG could fill the Powell role in the starting lineup. Harkless can pick up Jackson/Broekoff minutes as a backup forward. WCS and Boban become your break glass guys.
Like Reply
Mo MKG and J Craw would all be fun helpful additions.

The fun question would be if we could get all 3 who are we getting rid of?
Like Reply
(02-10-2020, 02:39 PM)embellisher Wrote: Would really like Harkless, but I think he'll wind up in LA or Milwaukee. Wouldn't mind MKG, his lack of offense wouldn't be as much of a problem here as it is other places.

I don't think Harkless could go back to LAC since he was just traded from there. Unless you meant LAL
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I didn’t add Waiters to this list because I think he has a 0% chance of landing in Dallas ... but you could probably assemble a team that could beat the Knicks by just signing all these guys. 

G Reggie Jackson
G Dion Waiters
F Crabbe
F Harkless
C Kidd-Gilchrist 

6th man Crawford

Bench: Shumpert, Turner, Ellington, Johnson, Green
Like Reply
(02-10-2020, 04:35 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: I didn’t add Waiters to this list because I think he has a 0% chance of landing in Dallas ... but you could probably assemble a team that could beat the Knicks by just signing all these guys. 

G Reggie Jackson
G Dion Waiters
F Crabbe
F Harkless
C Kidd-Gilchrist 

6th man Crawford

How about MKG & Dragan Bender when he gets waived?
Like Reply
(02-10-2020, 04:56 PM)Dirkster21 Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 04:35 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: I didn’t add Waiters to this list because I think he has a 0% chance of landing in Dallas ... but you could probably assemble a team that could beat the Knicks by just signing all these guys.

G Reggie Jackson
G Dion Waiters
F Crabbe
F Harkless
C Kidd-Gilchrist

6th man Crawford

How about MKG & Dragan Bender when he gets waived?

Yeah, kind of surprised Bender didn't make the poll.
Like Reply
Harkless would be great. MKG doesn't really excite me too much since he has no jump shot but maybe Rick can make it work. By my count WCS is the only player that can't shoot 3's on this roster so Mavs can probably fit in another non-shooter someway if necessary.
Like Reply
(02-10-2020, 05:43 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: kind of surprised Bender didn't make the poll.

Not sure Bender would even make that fake team  Rolleyes

On another note, no love for Reggie Jackson? 

This team obviously has plenty of guards but this is a guy who balled out for 18 PTS and 7 AST as a playoff starter just last year. He's not a great defender, but he's a scorer & secondary playmaker who can knock down threes. This maintains the Brunson/Wright/Curry trio off the bench with a Kleber/WCS big rotation.

G Doncic
G Jackson 
F THJ
F DFS
C Porzingis 

I'd rather go combo forward with Harkless or MKG but Reggie Jackson might be the best player available.

As a final note ... Wayne Ellington also started on that Pistons playoff team! Yes, they got rolled by the Bucks, but now that I think about it, I'm adjusting the rotation on my hypothetical team. It now boasts four starters from playoffs last year.

We will play small and fast with MKG as my Draymond and my starters will be called the "near death" lineup.

G Jackson
G Waiters
F Ellington
F Harkless
C MKG
Like Reply
(02-10-2020, 04:22 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(02-10-2020, 02:39 PM)embellisher Wrote: Would really like Harkless, but I think he'll wind up in LA or Milwaukee. Wouldn't mind MKG, his lack of offense wouldn't be as much of a problem here as it is other places.

I don't think Harkless could go back to LAC since he was just traded from there. Unless you meant LAL

Yeah, I should have said Lakers.
Like Reply