Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conspiracy Theory
Just can’t believe the WCS giveaway was a stand-alone deal. Too one-sided. Mavs were in a tight spot and gave up nothing of value for a very decent solution. Why would the Warriors demand so little in return for plugging our most glaring hole? 

Suspicion 1. I hafta think there’s a gentleman’s agreement for something further, should circumstances allow. What further? Who knows. But likely it involves Minny’s pursuit of DeAngelo, right?

2. Suspicion 2. GS doesn’t really want Wiggins even though he’s the necessary return in a DeAngelo trade and, reportedly, the centerpiece of all GS/Minny discussions to date. Rather, what GS wants has to be players who fit and repeat-tax avoidance, no? Players who fit means, at a minimum, offensive efficiency. Wiggins is not that. But Delon Wright is. And he’s the closest thing in the league to the recently retired Shaun Livingston. And tax avoidance? The Mavs are in better position than any other team right now to deliver them goods. 

3. Suspicion 3. Coach C. wouldn’t mind trying his coaching wiles on one very talented but not so efficient Andrew Wiggins. Because the Warriors have a $17 million trade exception, this swap is easily managed. Send Delon into it and the Mavs open enough additional cap room to swap Lee’s deal for Andrew’s. Assume GS will want it’s 2nd round pick back, and maybe that’s the deal. Well, that plus (a) GS’s enormous repeater-tax savings and (b) Dallas’s handshake promise to forgo other opportunities to ensure GS has this option available clear to the deadline. 

Heck, maybe they even fashioned an alternative swap if Minny refuses to deal. But if you ask me, that 1st rounder secured in the RoCo trade is destined for the Bay Area. And it sure won’t shock me to see Big D making a big move as part of the transaction that sends the pick in that direction.
Like Reply
Wiggins salary is pretty huge, I also don't know that his defense is that great
Like Reply
The Dubs wanted to dump some salary in a hurry. The Mavs were looking for a cheap backup center, and were in a position to acquire one without sending back salary. 

Occam's Razor:  The simplest explanation is usually the best.

Freud:  Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. 

However, I know it is fun to think about conspiracy theories, and far be it from me to rain on the parade. Carry on.  Smile
Like Reply
[Image: DhVH6IMXkAEZOtS?format=jpg&name=900x900]
Like Reply
(02-05-2020, 05:40 PM)Hypermav Wrote: [Image: DhVH6IMXkAEZOtS?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Lost with the old forum. Luka satanism thread and other non basketball related gems.
Like Reply
(02-05-2020, 05:25 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: Freud:  Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
Fun theory, but they wan't brother in law Damion Lee to be a full timer on the roster and they also wan't to dump a player who they know is going to be leaving after this year anyways.
Like Reply