Poll: Which Player would you rather have?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Player A
57.14%
4 57.14%
Player B
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which player would you rather have?
I thought this would be a no brainer, but after looking at everything here, it doesn't seem as cut and dry. Legitimately, who would you rather have, cause I'm not fully decided.

Player A is more than double the current contract size of player B and it runs 1 year less. 
Player A's stats are from last year, Player B's stats are from this year. 
Player A is 24, Player B is 28. 
Player A is 2" shorter and 20 lbs lighter than player B. Both are above average sized players.

Who would you rather have?
Code:
Box Score    FG    FGA    FG%    3P    3PA    3P%    2P    2PA    2P%    eFG%    FT    FTA    FT%    ORB    DRB    TRB    AST    STL    BLK    TOV    PF    PTS
Player A    6    13.4    0.449    1.6    4.4    0.349    4.5    9    0.499    0.507    2.4    3.2    0.731    1.7    5.7    7.4    3.7    0.7    0.7    2.1    2.2    16
Player B    3.2    6.8    0.464    1.7    4.3    0.384    1.5    2.5    0.602    0.585    1.2    1.3    0.891    1.6    3.8    5.3    1    0.3    1.1    0.8    2.2    9.1

Per 36                                                                                    
Player A    6.4    14.3    0.449    1.7    4.7    0.349    4.8    9.6    0.499    0.507    2.5    3.5    0.731    1.8    6.1    7.8    4    0.8    0.8    2.2    2.4    17
Player B    4.6    9.9    0.464    2.4    6.2    0.384    2.2    3.6    0.602    0.585    1.7    1.9    0.891    2.3    5.5    7.7    1.5    0.4    1.6    1.1    3.2    13.2

Advanced                                                                                    
Advanced    PER    TS%    3PAr    FTr    ORB%    DRB%    TRB%    AST%    STL%    BLK%    TOV%    USG%    OWS    DWS    WS    WS/48    OBPM    DBPM    BPM    VORP        
Player A    15.1    0.538    0.332    0.242    5.2    18.4    11.7    16.6    1.1    1.8    12.3    21.8    1.8    3.3    5.1    0.093    -0.2    1.2    1    2        
Player B    14.4    0.619    0.632    0.192    6.7    15.5    11.2    5.6    0.6    3.7    9.3    14    2.4    1.1    3.5    0.139    1.4    0.6    2    1.2
Like Reply
Player A's minutes should be way higher than player B's. If not, player A for sure.
Like Reply
I'm not going to spoil who the two players are, but I want both =)
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Never was that high on player A but we have to consider the circumstances. Worse teammates and most of the good ones playing the same position.
Like Reply
I know both players you're comparing, but I'm not gonna spoil it. Interesting comparison imo
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Player A for me
Like Reply
Player B is more efficient but lower usage. I would need to see minutes and better defensive metrics to make a decision here (and I think I know who Player B is). Though I can tell by the per 36 minutes player B gets less minutes than Player A.
Like Reply
(02-04-2020, 05:35 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I'm not going to spoil who the two players are, but I want both =)
I am so on board with that. If we were to trade player B for Player A however, would you be upset? Is it worth it? Unfortunately, we couldn't trade 1 for 1 so that makes the question much more loaded.

(02-04-2020, 06:07 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Player B is more efficient but lower usage. I would need to see minutes and defensive metrics to make a decision here (and I think I know who Player B is)
Player A - Aaron Gordon

Player B - Super Glue

I am not well versed in defensive metrics and haven't really tried to look for them. I give you the names so you can look that up. Honestly, I thought going into the numbers I posted that Gordon would be kind of a no brainer pick. More I looked at it, especially the efficiency, the more even they became in different ways.

(02-04-2020, 05:57 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I know both players you're comparing, but I'm not gonna spoil it. Interesting comparison imo
As I said above, I went into this thinking "I'm gonna show Scott someone who he would trade Kleber for" and came out of it less certain than I was going in. After Luka and KP, I am in love with Kleber, but there is a price tag in my mind that is much lower than star on him.
Like Reply
Must be a site issue because where the stats are all I see is the stats you used but no numbers are listed and it is only one set not 2...

Originally thought you messed up the post but after seeing responses I must be the only one seeing it this way... Sad
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(02-04-2020, 06:22 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Must be a site issue because where the stats are all I see is the stats you used but no numbers are listed and it is only one set not 2...

Originally thought you messed up the post but after seeing responses I must be the only one seeing it this way... Sad
Doh, sorry about that. I put it into Google Sheets, then tried to get it in that way with no luck. Then copied and pasted into Excel and still no luck other than adding as an attachment which I thought would be something not many would open up. So I copied it in as code, which still didn't line everything up well, but it's all there. Do you know of a better way to do this? Would be nice to have everything line up better.
Like Reply
I consider Maxi our Draymond. Wouldn't trade him unless it was for a superstar.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
Like Reply
(02-04-2020, 06:29 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 06:22 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Must be a site issue because where the stats are all I see is the stats you used but no numbers are listed and it is only one set not 2...

Doh, sorry about that. I put it into Google Sheets, then tried to get it in that way with no luck. Then copied and pasted into Excel and still no luck other than adding as an attachment which I thought would be something not many would open up. So I copied it in as code, which still didn't line everything up well, but it's all there. Do you know of a better way to do this? Would be nice to have everything line up better.
Computer illiterate myself...and spreadsheets and excel are above my pay grade...

As with DFS and Roco so goes Gordon and Super Glue...trade without giving up the other...strength in numbers...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(02-04-2020, 06:34 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Wouldn't trade him unless it was for a superstar.
I guess this is the mentality I really disagree with. This is the mentality that kept Powell here. It's what will also keep THJ here. I like all the players on our team and I'm really glad they're finding success here, I just think it's all about being in the business of upgrades. They don't have to be huge upgrades like...sometimes starter, but mostly bench player for superstar. There's so much inbetween those two points that it seems very short sighted to pass up if there was actual opportunity.
Like Reply
Couldn't find Player A because those were his 2018-19 stats, now that I know it's Aaron Gordon and seeing what he's done this season I'm not sure I'd give up M... I mean Player B for him.
Like Reply
I'm already solidly on record that I wouldn't trade Maxi for anyone on "the sugarplum crew" - and that includes Aaron Gordon. I want Gordon, but no way at that price. If the Mavs hadn't built this team so lopsidedly, we'd have a four to offer them for the rest of the season.

As far as being too tied to Maxi, he has far more value to the Mavs and the other 29 teams at his contract than THJ does or pre-injury Powell ever did. He's a guy we acquired and developed, and don't underestimate the importance of the Wurzburg thing. If he's traded, it better be something that knocks our socks off as much as the KP trade did, and that's not possible, because we don't have 1sts to send out.
Like Reply
(02-04-2020, 06:40 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 06:34 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Wouldn't trade him unless it was for a superstar.
I guess this is the mentality I really disagree with. This is the mentality that kept Powell here. It's what will also keep THJ here. I like all the players on our team and I'm really glad they're finding success here, I just think it's all about being in the business of upgrades. They don't have to be huge upgrades like...sometimes starter, but mostly bench player for superstar. There's so much inbetween those two points that it seems very short sighted to pass up if there was actual opportunity.

Maxi - Top 5 overall defender in the league, knock down 3 point shooter, 90th percentile role man.

Dwight - Not actually good. Can dunk when wide open.

THJ - May or may not be here after this contract. Good or bad thing depending on $.
Like Reply
(02-04-2020, 06:10 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: As I said above, I went into this thinking "I'm gonna show Scott someone who he would trade Kleber for" and came out of it less certain than I was going in. After Luka and KP, I am in love with Kleber, but there is a price tag in my mind that is much lower than star on him.

Honestly if you told me before this season "Maxi would become an invaluable and almost irreplaceable rotation piece" I'd call you crazy.

But now seeing how Maxi has developed. I honestly view Maxi as an integral piece to this team. I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a bonafide all-star, and even then I'd have to think about which star.

I love Aaron Gordon, but I wouldn't dare trade Maxi for him. Now would I trade any one of Brunson/Wright with Lee to along with the GSW 2nd? You betcha.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I wouldn't trade Maxi for Aaron Gordon. Having said that, I'd love to see Rick get the chance to unlock Gordon's potential and find the role that maximizes his talent.
Like Reply
(02-04-2020, 09:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 06:10 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: As I said above, I went into this thinking "I'm gonna show Scott someone who he would trade Kleber for" and came out of it less certain than I was going in. After Luka and KP, I am in love with Kleber, but there is a price tag in my mind that is much lower than star on him.

Honestly if you told me before this season "Maxi would become an invaluable and almost irreplaceable rotation piece" I'd call you crazy.

But now seeing how Maxi has developed. I honestly view Maxi as an integral piece to this team. I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a bonafide all-star, and even then I'd have to think about which star.

I love Aaron Gordon, but I wouldn't dare trade Maxi for him. Now would I trade any one of Brunson/Wright with Lee to along with the GSW 2nd? You betcha.

I think the price for Gordon would be Lee, Jackson, Curry, one of Brunson or Wright, and the GSW 2nd. And it's worth it (it may not beat other teams' offers anyway). Then trade Snell into the TPE. (The Magic would have to trade one of their recently-acquireds for a fill-in four)

Luka/Brunson or Wright
THJ/Snell
DFS
Gordon/Maxi
KP/WCS

The bench is weaker, but the starting lineup much stronger.
Like Reply
Send us Aaron Gordon, our coach can fix him. The world needs to see a well coached Aaron Gordon.

Rick is the NBA's Statue of Liberty.

"Give me your miscast, your underperforming, your dog housed masses, yearning to run free,
The wretched discarded of the end of your bench.
Send these, the role-less, coach forgotten to me, I lift my clipboard above the hard wood floor!"
Like Reply