Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Willie Cauley-Stein to DAL | UTA 2nd to GSW
https://youtu.be/4MCqOChAnNI
Like Reply
(01-24-2020, 06:42 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/...5095887873

I wonder how much of the TE it eats....the difference between WCS's salary and the minimum? Or the whole $2.17M?
Like Reply
(01-24-2020, 06:42 PM)Hypermav Wrote: WCS an enforcer at all?  He kinda has crazy eyes though, just not Portis crazy.

He'll murder a bag of chips after going a few rounds with the devil's lettuce.
Like Reply
(01-24-2020, 06:42 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: 2 years younger than Powell plus been more productive at this stage than DP number wise. Potential is there. He is an ideal back-up big, Mavs got a steal imo.

Great opportunity to give him a 4 year 10 mil per contract next season Smile
Like Reply
(01-24-2020, 06:40 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: WCS could really blossom here. He hasn't been on a winner in the NBA yet. Losing constantly can cause bad habits and bad attitude. I won't be surprised if WCS comes here and really exceeds our expectations. It's low risk regardless. Now we can stay patient for a bigger deadline move. We aren't in panic mode anymore for a big. Playing with Luka will dramatically change how WCS will be viewed imo. I'm not predicting this, but he could be a Tyson Chandler light with the right attitude. Dude has talent.

Great post.  Nothing but upside imo.
Like Reply
(01-24-2020, 06:40 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 06:37 PM)cow Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 06:35 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 06:29 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 06:17 PM)omahen Wrote: Lets just hope the price is not GSW2nd

It´s Cuban. Let´s hope it´s not more. Angel

Btw awesome pick that Roby at #37. Daniel Gafford went #38 (+21 NRTG per 100 poss on the Bulls). GSW´s own Eric Paschall went #40.

Not that I disagree that Roby looked like a scrub in  Summer League, 14 days after they evaluated him to be an NBA talent.

I seriously like to know whether our scouts are this bad, or they literally draft late 1st and 2nd round guys based on who shows the least desire to actually play in the NBA, hence the lowest annoyance level.

Cuban: So Mr. Draymond what are your ambitions for the future.
Draymond: I want to be the nastiest defensive player on the planet.
Cuban: Maybe car salesman in Florida?
Draymond: No sir, I want to play in the NBA and be a star.
Cuban: Thank You, for your time. *scratches him off the list*

I find it odd too. This same exact scouting department are the ones that nailed Brunson, Crowder, found DFS and Kleber. Found Yogi. JJ Barea. Made sure that we drafted Luka.

And yet after their string of finding diamonds in the rough, they pick a guy like Roby who they had no intention of keeping at 45? They went from 37 to 45 for no apparent reason. They must've not liked anyone they saw there, but like you pointed out Gafford has been solid, Paschall has been the only exciting player on the Warriors this year. 

I don't think the Mavs are bad drafters, BUT I do think if they're not motivated to prep all year long for the draft, they seem to punt it.

Not sure you can say nailed Bruson when a lot of folks (me not included because I don't follow college) wanted Mitchell Robinson.
Nailed it means getting a serviceable rotation player out of a 2nd round pick...

Slight disagree.  Still love ya though.
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ss-7Ahz6cQ
Like Reply
(01-24-2020, 06:45 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: Nothing but upside imo.

This is an incredible deal. The 57th pick is useless. I cannot believe the Mavs just pulled this off. This is a video game, one-sided trade.
Like Reply
Now that I've talked enough ish about WCS, it's time for him to feed me crow.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1220855006884179973

(01-24-2020, 06:44 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 06:42 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/...5095887873

I wonder how much of the TE it eats....the difference between WCS's salary and the minimum? Or the whole $2.17M?
https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1220853565733761024
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Willie Blocking-Stein
Like Reply
(01-24-2020, 06:46 PM)Kammrath Wrote:

This is an incredible deal. The 57th pick is useless. I cannot believe the Mavs just pulled this off. This is a video game, one-sided trade.

It was actually Roby + 50 something pick. So 2 second round picks.

He has player option for next year, so if he works out great, he is just a half a year rental unless we pay him better next season.

Our TE has just become smaller and it is getting more and more likely it won't get used for an asset. 

WCS is just a good short term solution, but not really a long term move.

As of now, I think this is the last Mavs deal this trade deadline.
Like Reply
I like it. Better size/length than Powell and definitely qualifies as a rim runner for the Brandan Wright role that Powell was filling, might even be an upgrade over Powell defensively. Would have liked someone a little more big bodied but at least he has a lot of tattoos and seems like a hot sauce guy. Lottery pick reclamation bigs tend to do well here
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/DrewShiller/status/1...3167391745
Like Reply

Eh.

He´s an UFA in the summer. He plays well, he opts out. Mavs won´t pay him long-term this summer, cause it jeopardizes 2021. He sucks. He opts in.  For now it´s just a rental, and the player decides how long.

It´s a normal deal that makes sense for everybody involved.
Like Reply
(01-24-2020, 06:44 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I wonder how much of the TE it eats....the difference between WCS's salary and the minimum? Or the whole $2.17M?T

Thats what I'm wondering as well. From the way Marks worded that it sounds like the Mavs used all of the TE on this deal. Which we know can't be true given WCS salary is only 2 million. They should have around 9mm left on the TE.

But don't TE expire? Wasn't the KP deal last year around this time? Maybe the Mavs made this deal not only because of need but because of the use-it-or-lose-it aspect of the TE.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-24-2020, 06:51 PM)omahen Wrote:

It was actually Roby + 50 something pick. So 2 second round picks.

He has player option for next year, so if he works out great, he is just a half a year rental unless we pay him better next season.

Our TE has just become smaller and it is getting more and more likely it won't get used for an asset. 

WCS is just a good short term solution, but not really a long term move.

As of now, I think this is the last Mavs deal this trade deadline.
Rumors suggest they also want a wing...
Like Reply
(01-24-2020, 06:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 06:44 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I wonder how much of the TE it eats....the difference between WCS's salary and the minimum? Or the whole $2.17M?T

Thats what I'm wondering as well. From the way Marks worded that it sounds like the Mavs used all of the TE on this deal. Which we know can't be true given WCS salary is only 2 million. They should have around 9mm left on the TE.

But don't TE expire? Wasn't the KP deal last year around this time? Maybe the Mavs made this deal not only because of need but because of the use-it-or-lose-it aspect of the TE.

TE expire February 8th, if I am correct. After TDL
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...8072620032
Like Reply
(01-24-2020, 06:54 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Rumors suggest they also want a wing...

Rumors suggest they also don't have assets Smile Basically the best asset we had was the ability to take bad salary. This is now further reduced as WCS ate part of the TE
Like Reply