Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
66.67%
6 66.67%
Sixers
33.33%
3 33.33%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 39: PHI (25-15) @ DAL (24-15) | 109-91 win
Umm, the Mavs have a total of TWO offensive rebounds. Huh

When is Luka going to learn that that alley oop to Powell doesn't work any more when Powell has bigs around him?  All the teams are on to it.
Like Reply
This team is Luka/KP and a bunch of 2nd/3rd teamers.

I think the reason Luka is frustrated is because no one is helping to take the burden off of him. Every move he makes, they are pressing and doubling him. They are trapping the p&r and swallowing up Powell & Kleber on the lob. When he does pass it out, none of the shots go down. I'm frustrated watching it, I can only imagine how he feels.
Like Reply
(01-11-2020, 09:51 PM)philjuan1 Wrote: This team is Luka/KP and a bunch of 2nd/3rd teamers.

I think the reason Luka is frustrated is because no one is helping to take the burden off of him. Every move he makes, they are pressing and doubling him. They are trapping the p&r and swallowing up Powell & Kleber on the lob. When he does pass it out, none of the shots go down. I'm frustrated watching it, I can only imagine how he feels.

Maybe his teammates are frustrated as well because their franchise player isn´t playing any defense. It´s not a one way street. Yes the supporting cast isn´t great but it was good enough to beat the Bucks without Luka. It was also good enough during the win streaks in november and december.
It´s not like Luka is having great games in the recent Ls.
Like Reply
(01-11-2020, 09:51 PM)philjuan1 Wrote: This team is Luka/KP and a bunch of 2nd/3rd teamers.

Uh uh, the way I see it is, on too many possessions, Luka is forcing it and not even looking for open guys.
Like Reply
Signs of life. Signs of poor officiating.
Like Reply
(01-11-2020, 09:54 PM)cow Wrote: Signs of life.  Signs of poor officiating.
Yeah, if a Sixer falls down, it must be a foul by the Mavs.
Like Reply
Sometimes I think Luka tries to play for the whistle, rather then finishing the play.
Earlier in the season, I think refs are allowing less contact on him than they do now, and I think he is frustrated that he is not getting calls he normally does.
He needs to recalibrate his mindset and just play his game..
Like Reply
I like this play where Luka gave the ball to THJ and Powell gave Luka a screen for the look at the three off the screen.
Like Reply
So much better
Like Reply
Powell obviously reads these boards.
Like Reply
Dwight "96th percentile" Powell!
Like Reply
Powell doing some of his best work of the season tonight!
Like Reply
Timmie is playing so hard tonight.
Like Reply
Rick taking the ball out of Luka's hands for a bit here.

Holy crap, I wish Maxi would have finished that!
Like Reply
Maxi lol
Like Reply
Maxi trying to snatch souls.
Like Reply
Balls to the wall Maxi, thats the way we have to play
Like Reply
Boban sighting!
Like Reply
Finally some energy.
Like Reply
(01-11-2020, 10:09 PM)cow Wrote: Maxi trying to snatch souls.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply