Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
66.67%
6 66.67%
Sixers
33.33%
3 33.33%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 39: PHI (25-15) @ DAL (24-15) | 109-91 win
Any power forward that wants to catch the ball in the paint and score can.. if Boban is not on the floor.
Like Reply
Great rebound by Maxi in traffic!  And got fouled too.
Like Reply
When we move the ball around, and share it, we're fun to watch, and it puts the team in a rhythm...

When Luka wants to lead the team, we get a step-back 3 seemingly every other possession...
Like Reply
Remember all the talk to begin the season. Smallest player on the floor will be 6´5 Delon Wright. Turns out that the biggest player is 6´10 Dwight Powell and the remaining players are 6´7 or smaller.
Like Reply
(01-11-2020, 09:18 PM)dcon Wrote: When we move the ball around, and share it, we're fun to watch, and it puts the team in a rhythm...

When Luka wants to lead the team, we get a step-back 3 seemingly every other possession...
That's why I'd put Barea in to run offense for a while.  He really does know how to run offense, and won't force up impossible threes.

Harris goes right by DFS.  For all the talk about DFS's defensive prowess, he has little lateral quickness and dudes go right around him.

Why is DFS bringing the ball up?
Like Reply
The problem isn't Luka, the problem is lack of talent on this team.
Like Reply
LOL Powell thinking he can post up Al Horford. That´s what happens when you MAK up a guy every day. They lose perspective.
Like Reply
First to 70 points wins
Like Reply
Harp:  "scoring is so easy for Trey Burke".  Was scoring easy for him when he was here?
Like Reply
Just let them shoot threes, its not complicated
Like Reply
I swear, I'd pull Luka's butt out for the rest of the game.  He has been reading way too much of his good press and is completely obsessed with forcing himself on the defense, and it's killing us.

(01-11-2020, 09:32 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Just let them shoot threes, its not complicated
True, but if you notice, they are not shooting threes when they are open, so that strategy won't fly.  Brown is a smart coach and has them abusing the soft Mavs inside.
Like Reply
The whole team is pretty low energy.  Philly, Lakers and Nuggets all had revenge wins on their minds and the young Mavs don't seem interested in matching that kind of intensity yet.  Especially at home.

Sixers are not that great and this should be a home win imo.  We will see what happens.
Like Reply
I love Luka and wouldn't trade him for anybody.. but even I am getting frustrated with him getting frustrated all the time. I get it, you're not getting the calls but please just keep playing.

He has all the skills and tools in the world but right now, he's showing his young age. This team is truly missing a veteran presence. Someone who can calm him the f down.
Like Reply
(01-11-2020, 09:29 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: MAK up a guy
Tongue
Like Reply
(01-11-2020, 09:34 PM)mtrot Wrote: I swear, I'd pull Luka's butt out for the rest of the game.  He has been reading way too much of his good press and is completely obsessed with forcing himself on the defense, and it's killing us.

(01-11-2020, 09:32 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Just let them shoot threes, its not complicated
True, but if you notice, they are not shooting threes when they are open, so that strategy won't fly.  Brown is a smart coach and has them abusing the soft Mavs inside.
True, was just referring to that last Richardson drive (that lead to the 3 point play)when DFS tried to chase him off the 3 point line
Like Reply
(01-11-2020, 09:37 PM)Hypermav Wrote: The whole team is pretty low energy.  Philly, Lakers and Nuggets all had revenge wins on their minds and the young Mavs don't seem interested in matching that kind of intensity yet.  Especially at home.

Sixers are not that great and this should be a home win imo.  We will see what happens.

^^ this sums it up pretty well

The whole team looks somewhat dejected / not interested.  Also, we have just been getting manhandled by the better teams.  Donnie / the Mavs traditionally don't build teams to be more physical than the opponent, and this team is having a hard time keeping their heads in the game when they are physically over-matched

Tonight's game should really be a pretty sure home win for a Mavs team playing in early December.
Like Reply
Whoa, I have to take it back about the Sixers not shooting threes tonight, as they have shot NINETEEN of them!  And only made two of them.

I guess what is happening is that they shoot the three, miss it and grab the offensive rebound against our anemic defense, and THEN abuse us inside!
Like Reply
We need Dirk to come spend a month with the team but mainly Luka.
Like Reply
Come back soon KP.
Like Reply
Games like this remind me how I see Mavs road to the playoffs vs reality...

[Image: 2020-01-12-094614.jpg]
Like Reply