Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 9.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
62.50%
5 62.50%
Bulls
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 36: CHI (13-24) @ DAL (23-13) | 118-110 win
Heart 
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/12...6196391936
Like Reply
Tough match. Bulls have very good defense, we will be very limited again. I hope we manage a win.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1214194421652238337
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/1214254584392245248
Like Reply
Ugh, KP out again. May want to be careful with THJ, hammys are tricky though you'd really like his size and speed to help match up against LaVine after watching the midget crew get carved up by Graham and Rozier.

Need to take this one seriously, if there's one thing the Knicks and Hornets have taught us we shouldn't overlook bad Eastern conference teams
Like Reply
Watched a couple of latest Hornets and Bulls games Hornets are improved much more than Bulls so I think we should expect clear and must win tonight even if our Dr. is still sleeping to give the order...
Like Reply
(01-06-2020, 02:50 PM)LukTheShadow Wrote: Watched a couple of latest Hornets and Bulls games Hornets are improved much more than Bulls so I think we should expect clear and must win tonight even if our Dr. is still sleeping to give the order...
Good one!

Well, IMO a big win tonight is just what the doctor ordered to get the Mavs out of their funk! Big Grin
Like Reply
(01-06-2020, 02:50 PM)LukTheShadow Wrote: must win tonight even if our Dr. is still sleeping to give the order...
Yes! Did someone call a doctor (in weird Brad Pitt voice)?
Like Reply
Glad to see some people are voting for the Bulls to win this one. That 100% Mavericks number on the last gamethread turned out to be a jinx
Like Reply
Keys:
  • Win convincingly: Mavs need to set the tone today for the upcoming stretch of 3-in-4 against Denver, 76ers, and the Lakers. Let's for once return to early season form and just give the Bulls a 40-point beating. Start strong is the key, never let them get any hope of stealing this one.
  • Crunch time: I hope it won't come down to this, but if it does, Mavs must avoid just playing hero ball with Doncic at the helm. Not sure why the league's best offense turns into Houston in the crucial last minutes. Luka forces way too much difficult shots (partly due to not getting enough help from teammates and refs), and everyone else is just standing and watching. No movement, not even screens, wtf!
  • Maxi Kleber: The German Sheppard has stepped in nicely in KP's absence. With the Lithuanian Unicorn out again, another 20-point night would certainly help the Mavs bid to put Chicago to bed early.
  • THJ's return? Looks like Tim Hardaway might return tonight and guess what, Mavs could use his scoring. I just hope he doesn't need too long to shake off rust and just continues where he left off.
  • Back to the Basics: Winning basketball games isn't that complicated sometimes. Dallas has to rebound the ball better, avoid turnovers, and get to the foul line. They've struggled in at least one area lately and it would be nice if the team could pull off a complete effort tonight against an opponent they're supposed to beat. 
  • Brunson vs. JJB vs. Wright: As much as we all love JJB, but I'd rather not see him play 30. Not that Brunson or Wright have been particularly stellar either, but there are more longterm and shortterm benefits of distributing the minutes differently.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply
Must win game!!!!!!! Smile

Actually is a big game, need to start beating these mediocre teams or these losses will bit big time at the end of the season.
They have already lost 5 or 6 games they should have won
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/12...8821590017
Like Reply
The starting line-up will be interesting.
Surely Jackson won't be starting.
Will they start Maxi and rotate Maxi, Powell and Boban.

They could start Wright and have DFS guard Lauri
Luka
Wright
Hardaway
DFS
Powell

Bulls seem like a team that will try and double Luka to get the ball out of his hands so another playmaker could be needed.
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
Yikes barely making it in time, but as always, must win game
Like Reply
(01-06-2020, 07:22 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: The starting line-up will be interesting.
Surely Jackson won't be starting.
Will they start Maxi and rotate Maxi, Powell and Boban.

They could start Wright and have DFS guard Lauri
Luka
Wright
Hardaway
DFS
Powell

Bulls seem like a team that will try and double Luka to get the ball out of his hands so another playmaker could be needed.
I like it because -- it's not small ball!  And Powell can get some help defense when he gets pushed around and out of position.
Like Reply
Or just start Barea again apparently
Like Reply
(01-06-2020, 08:12 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: Or just start Barea again apparently
As long as he is the only small player, I'm okay with it.
Like Reply
Carter Jr. looks like he has a lot more junk in the trunk this year.
Like Reply
Powell is getting bullied by Lavine.
Like Reply