Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 11.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
8 100.00%
Hornets
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 35: CHA (15-23) @ DAL (22-13) | 120-123 OT loss
(01-04-2020, 11:33 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 11:26 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 11:16 PM)dmavs4life03 Wrote: this is on rick man. again if you ask me.why only 6 mins for delon, no offensive plan but hope the 3s fall? SMH
Both Delon and Jackson have just been indecisive, passive, and erratic lately.  That seems to be a recurrent problem for young Mavs players, and I won't say why I think that is.

They're not very good?

I mean I dont want to sound like a jackass but there's a reason they were available where/for how much they were.  Memphis didn't want to match $9 million on Delon.  Brunson is a 2nd round pick.  Jackson is a bust.  They're JAGs.
No, that's not responsive to what I said.  My point is that they were both much more aggressive and decisive early in the season.  Why have they regressed during the season?
Like Reply
(01-04-2020, 11:24 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 11:16 PM)dmavs4life03 Wrote: this is on rick

Maybe. I still think he is purposely giving this team lots of freedom to try and learn how to win....because if that is not what is going on, then he is doing a terrible job.

(01-04-2020, 11:26 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 11:16 PM)dmavs4life03 Wrote: this is on rick man. again if you ask me.why only 6 mins for delon, no offensive plan but hope the 3s fall? SMH
Both Delon and Jackson have just been indecisive, passive, and erratic lately.  That seems to be a recurrent problem for young Mavs players, and I won't say why I think that is.

You learn how to win by winning , you develop players by giving them a role and let them learn in that role.

Jackson got some dnp and now is starting.

His role should be 12 to 24 minutes of the bench for DFS. When DFS is shooting bad , Jackson should get more minutes. He moves without the ball better and can create his own shot .

Wright should never get 6 minutes

Brunson is getting yanked around as well.

Get players in define roles and let them learn those roles.
Like Reply
(01-04-2020, 11:44 PM)bartlettbear Wrote: Get players in define roles and let them learn those roles.

Well, they did. But than injuries happened. 

Jackson is played as a four, not 3. 

Wright was on an injury report before the game, so I guess that would be the reason for 6 minutes only.
Like Reply
(01-04-2020, 11:34 PM)omahen Wrote: I really don't understand his timeout management. Every opponent has 2 timeouts left for final minute, we have 0. Everytime.

Yep. When RC called the last timeout I turned to my wife and said, "Watch, there will come a point later when I will say, 'I wish we had a timeout still.'" And then it happened. Like clockwork.

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1213678182970339330

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1213688923563659266
Like Reply
Now every team knows how soft we are at the end of the games and try hard knowing we will somehow melt down.

Sorry but this is not the first or second or third time we have witnessed this same crap. If the team still haven't learned from the past experience, that's mainly on Rick. The Raptors game apparently thought nothing at all.

It is only a cheap excuse to put forward the injuries, we are a much better team than the Nets (barely won) or the Hornets. I have always LOVED Rick but he has brought nothing but harm to this team with his strange rotations and "live by 3, die by 3" offense.
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
(01-05-2020, 12:32 AM)TurkishMFFL Wrote: I have always LOVED Rick but he has brought nothing but harm to this team with his strange rotations and "live by 3, die by 3" offense.

That is simply not true. Mavs play beautiful basketball for most of the time and are one of biggest surprises of the season so far. Not many people thought they would be this good. 

Late game meltdowns are another thing and are becoming a really bad habit of this team. Some might think they are trying to lose games, blowing big leads in a matter of minutes and not being able to close games with less than 10 point lead coming into final two minutes. They have to turn it around before the identity of this team will become "soft losers" Minnesota style.
Like Reply
The team can't get easy buckets down the stretch and that's why they struggle in close games. They have to be shooting lights out from three as a team in order to get a win these days. It's pretty much a comfortable blowout win where the basket is as big as the ocean or it's a struggle.

Luka is going to have to develop a high-percentage go-to move because that stepback three is NOT it, no matter how much people go crazy over Harden and Steph making them. Luka is a 32% shooter from three, I'm not sure why he has the greenlight to take as many threes as he wants.

Mavs are 8-7 when Luka takes 10+ threes and 12-4 when he takes less than 10
Like Reply
The best teams in the league have a second, third, or even fourth option down the stretch. We only have one guy who can create offense right now. It's just the reality of the roster.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
We need KP and THJ back. I don't have much to say about this one aside from that
Like Reply
(01-05-2020, 12:32 AM)TurkishMFFL Wrote: Now every team knows how soft we are at the end of the games and try hard knowing we will somehow melt down.

Sorry but this is not the first or second or third time we have witnessed this same crap. If the team still haven't learned from the past experience, that's mainly on Rick. The Raptors game apparently thought nothing at all.

It is only a cheap excuse to put forward the injuries, we are a much better team than the Nets (barely won) or the Hornets. I have always LOVED Rick but he has brought nothing but harm to this team with his strange rotations and "live by 3, die by 3" offense.
well, in 75 % of the cases were the team have been shit in 4th quarter either Luka or KP wasn't in the game, because one had an injury. We dont lose the game vs. the Raptors, if KP plays. And no offense to the Hornets, but if KP plays and prevents layup after layup, we win by 15 or its even a complete blowout.

Going from KP as the rim protector to Powell as the rim protector is a downgrade of epic proportions. I like Rick, but lineups with Powell as the only big are cringeworthy. Unless you shoot light outs on offense, you go from the 15th best defensive (with KP) in the league to one of the worst teams on defense. Every opponent is tough without THJ and KP. Most Nba teams arent pushovers anymore. I already see another nail biter vs. the Bulls. If we win its another close game, but another loss wouldn't surprise me. This are teams all on our level without THJ & KP playing.

And without THJ/KP (we have crazy length with both. only the Sixers has that size) Rick goes back to midget ball. The "4th best rebounding" team in the NBA got nailed on the boards. 53-41 rebounds.
Like Reply
(01-04-2020, 11:48 PM)omahen Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 11:44 PM)bartlettbear Wrote: Get players in define roles and let them learn those roles.

Well, they did. But than injuries happened. 

Jackson is played as a four, not 3. 

Wright was on an injury report before the game, so I guess that would be the reason for 6 minutes only.

No was still messing with guys and Jackson is a 3 /2 not a 4, but that just Rick being Rick

8 years without a playoff series win and counting.
Like Reply