Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INJURY: KP w/ right knee soreness & illness (playing against LAC)
(01-19-2020, 04:33 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Minutes restriction again when he gets back? I'd say he needs to settle into a 30 mpg average unless he can get his body prepared to meet the physical requirements to do more. That's:

1stQ - 8 mins to start
2ndQ - 6 mins to end
3rdQ - 8 mins to start
4thQ - 8 mins to end

Tyson stayed around 28 the first time he was here. Fine with me.
I haven't talked to the medical staff." But yeah talk to them. Mention every twinge and pull. Dont be a regular season hero 
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/...5821750272
Like Reply
What if this time off is what KP needed to come back to his all-star form?
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(01-19-2020, 06:35 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: What if this time off is what KP needed to come back to his all-star form?

I think we'll be lucky if he was even as good as he was before he started hurting.
Like Reply
I think I would rather have this years KP than the one that didn't rebound.
Like Reply
People need to stop comparing KP to NYK KP or Dirk. He is not going to line up in the post 6 times in a row like Dirk. He is more like a 7'3 Klay Thompson. Even Klay being the third option was still a star player and a major part of GSW's wins. That's who KP is basically in this offense.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1219768801924984832
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1222227251309305856
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...12354?s=20
Like Reply
(01-20-2020, 02:51 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: People need to stop comparing KP to NYK KP or Dirk. He is not going to line up in the post 6 times in a row like Dirk. He is more like a 7'3 Klay Thompson. Even Klay being the third option was still a star player and a major part of GSW's wins. That's who KP is basically in this offense.

He's not even that. Klay Thompson is one of the greatest shooters ever. Kristaps isn't even close. I seriously hope he lives up to his deal, because it ain't looking good right now. It's been well documented, players his height, (7'3 or taller) don't last long in this league after having major injuries.  Hope he gets it together.
Like Reply
(01-19-2020, 06:35 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: What if this time off is what KP needed to come back to his all-star form?

=)
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(01-28-2020, 11:20 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 02:51 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: People need to stop comparing KP to NYK KP or Dirk. He is not going to line up in the post 6 times in a row like Dirk. He is more like a 7'3 Klay Thompson. Even Klay being the third option was still a star player and a major part of GSW's wins. That's who KP is basically in this offense.

He's not even that. Klay Thompson is one of the greatest shooters ever. Kristaps isn't even close. I seriously hope he lives up to his deal, because it ain't looking good right now. It's been well documented, players his height, (7'3 or taller) don't last long in this league after having major injuries.  Hope he gets it together.

So I didn't mean to say he's like Klay in the literal sense, but more in his style of play and the role in the Mavs offense. I do think that's the role he has taken up until this Doncic injury. I like seeing him work the middle/paint area in what we thought we'd see all season. It's making me wonder if playing with Doncic limits what he can do on the floor. With that in mind I wonder if Rick goes back to staggering more of their minutes to allow KP to do traditional KP things while Doncic is resting. When they play together he is more of that Klay-type, running around screens, jacking up 3's and whatnot. He can do both but I could see long-term having him run the offense more when Luka sits could be interesting.
Like Reply
(02-04-2020, 05:08 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 11:20 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote:

He's not even that. Klay Thompson is one of the greatest shooters ever. Kristaps isn't even close. I seriously hope he lives up to his deal, because it ain't looking good right now. It's been well documented, players his height, (7'3 or taller) don't last long in this league after having major injuries. Hope he gets it together.

So I didn't mean to say he's like Klay in the literal sense, but more in his style of play and the role in the Mavs offense. I do think that's the role he has taken up until this Doncic injury. I like seeing him work the middle/paint area in what we thought we'd see all season. It's making me wonder if playing with Doncic limits what he can do on the floor. With that in mind I wonder if Rick goes back to staggering more of their minutes to allow KP to do traditional KP things while Doncic is resting. When they play together he is more of that Klay-type, running around screens, jacking up 3's and whatnot. He can do both but I could see long-term having him run the offense more when Luka sits could be interesting.

KP in the middle blocks Luka's drives.

KP just has to improve in the PnR so that they can co-exist well on the court.
Like Reply
(02-04-2020, 03:50 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote:

=)
Kudos to you...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply