Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second round predictions
I don't care what other teams do.  Mavs in 6.
Like Reply
(05-06-2024, 01:44 AM)GATA Wrote: Celts are not better small

Just for fun:

Celts game 1, Porzingis plays, 20-point win
Game 2, Porzingis plays, 10-point loss
Game 3, Porzingis plays, 20-point win
Game 4, Porzingis plays, 14-point win
Game 5, Porzingis doesn’t play, 34-point win
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(05-04-2024, 10:50 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: mavs will win the series against OKC but it will be tougher and longer than if we had a healthy kleber imho. i'd rather see some twin towers in lively and gafford than Powell returning to rotation. Having lively and gafford on court simultaneously would not be a major problem defensively as they're both quick enough. neither of them can shoot, that may be troublesome (Powell can't shoot either), but they can move the ball well.  lively and gafford each deserve 30 plus minutes a game, and having both of them on court may be a solution to Minny's gobert-towns in WCF. nuggets starting 5 are solid but their bench was weakened by the departures of brown and Jeff green. nuggets and OKC both losing in second round would certainly help luka's mvp odds as well.

The MVP award is voted on the regular season.  Playoffs don't count. Luka and SGA had MVP year's but Joker is still the favorite.
Like Reply
(05-04-2024, 10:50 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: mavs will win the series against OKC but it will be tougher and longer than if we had a healthy kleber imho. i'd rather see some twin towers in lively and gafford than Powell returning to rotation. Having lively and gafford on court simultaneously would not be a major problem defensively as they're both quick enough. neither of them can shoot, that may be troublesome (Powell can't shoot either), but they can move the ball well.  lively and gafford each deserve 30 plus minutes a game, and having both of them on court may be a solution to Minny's gobert-towns in WCF. nuggets starting 5 are solid but their bench was weakened by the departures of brown and Jeff green. nuggets and OKC both losing in second round would certainly help luka's mvp odds as well.

I don't think you are going to see twin towers.  We already have spacing issues as it is on offense, and they are not both quick enough to play perimeter defense (especially against OKC).  They are both playing drop coverage for a reason.  The same applies to Powell, so not sure how twin towers would have any impact on Powell playing.  If one of them gets injured, you will see Powell, otherwise you wont.  I'm not sure 30 minutes a game is necessarily good for either of them right now.  Gafford tends to wear down if he plays that many minutes.
Like Reply