Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (0-1) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (1-0)
(04-24-2024, 11:56 AM)The Jom Wrote: That’s the wrong angle on the Green non-foul. Maybe you were watching the national broadcast and they didn’t replay it from behind the shooter? On the local broadcast they did, and you see separation between the bodies the entire play, including the landing, except that Harden kicks one leg out obviously, and the sole of his shoe grazes Green just below the knee. 

Agree that your link looks like a foul. Agree that the ref from whatever angle he had might have reasonably believed it was a foul. There were way worse calls and non-calls in the game. 

I’m just trying to defend Green here. This thread called it a dumb foul. It wasn’t. It was terrific defense and not a foul.

Edit: Here’s an angle I hadn’t seen. https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1c...ree_point/

Certainly doesn't look as bad as the other angle. By the rules it is still movement into the landing zone of an airborne player but considering that Harden is once again trying to create contact with his feet it's probably a 50/50 call. Green clearly steps under Harden. Impossible to tell if there is contact on the landing. I can understand why people are complaining about the call.

This is what the NBA/NBRA published to explain landing zone fouls. But it still leaves a lot of room for judgement from the refs. The rule was created to protect players from injuries but instead the NBA created another foul baiting mechanism.

https://videorulebook.nba.com/rule/defen...-shooters/

Strange part is that for whatever reason they are talking about hand contact. If that was the call it was complete BS.
Like Reply
(04-24-2024, 10:43 AM)Smitty Wrote: Say whaaaat??

He is a troll.  He picks one of our best players and posts silly comments about how they suck.  For a long time it was Kyrie and now he has moved on to PJ.  I waited way too long to put him on ignore.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
Wow, this game was almost as much stress as I can handle. Almost a must win situation and our boys in blue prevailed.

My observations: Can we please ban GATA? I mean he is obviously trolling and coming up with the exact opposite of a reasonable take 90% of the time.

Luka: Hit the "dagger" that we almost squandered, giving up an open 3 OOTO to Harden. His shouting was my favorite moment of the game.
Kyrie: One of the best assists ever and coming to live at the right time. This team does not work w/o him, because opponents need to pay attention to him and can't just focus on Luka.
Gafford: For some reason NOT playable against Zubac. He SHOULD match him physically but for some reason, he can not even grab rebounds or get into position to dunk. Keep him out of the games as much as possible.
PJ: After he fumbled that layup, I though he would kill us offensively but came to life and showed some balls. His defense was amazing. Even if he does not contribute on O, you need him on the court almost at all times.
Maxi: Probably our MVP in this game. Stellar D, also against Zubac and if he hits his threes I think our 5-out-offense can beat any team in this league.
Lively: Good in some stretches and if we need some size, he is the way to go. But he needs to work on his FTs and bulk up in the summer.

I hope we can keep up this intensity. offense should get better once we adjust more. We had so many sloppy turnovers and mistakes on simple handoffs, ugly! We can see now that most our our players are subpar offensive players and not really playable in big moments. That even goes for Exum, which I am suprised by.

Great W. But this series is far from over. Kawhi looked rusty and will get better. On the other hand, Zubac, Harden and PG won't play much better. If we keep up this intensity, I feel good about the series because we have the best and probably second best (if Kawhi is not 100%) player in the series. I would be shocked if we won two home games straight. This is going to stay a dog fight - and frankly, I like it!
[-] The following 4 users Like meistermatze's post:
  • Halfnir, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav, Smitty
Like Reply
I can't believe I'm saying this but I think Kidd made that game last night ugly on purpose. The Clippers were flowing a little too easy in game 1. I think there is a good possibility that game 3 looks similar. Then, I expect to see the Clippers D soften up a little and have the Mavs flowing much better. The home cooking from the refs will help that along. Usually by game 4 the refs let them play a little more.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
Like Reply
Paul George has injured two different Mavericks in two games with dirty plays.

Can we let Markieff Morris guard him for 4 minutes and see what happens?

Honestly, Paul George would probably just drop 10 points on him in four minutes and Kidd would have to sub him out.
Like Reply
(04-24-2024, 11:56 AM)The Jom Wrote: That’s the wrong angle on the Green non-foul. Maybe you were watching the national broadcast and they didn’t replay it from behind the shooter? On the local broadcast they did, and you see separation between the bodies the entire play, including the landing, except that Harden kicks one leg out obviously, and the sole of his shoe grazes Green just below the knee. 

Agree that your link looks like a foul. Agree that the ref from whatever angle he had might have reasonably believed it was a foul. There were way worse calls and non-calls in the game. 

I’m just trying to defend Green here. This thread called it a dumb foul. It wasn’t. It was terrific defense and not a foul.

Edit: Here’s an angle I hadn’t seen. https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1c...ree_point/

If you pause at 3 seconds and slow it down you can see Green's arm BARELY graze Harden's. Technically that's a foul. In a game where everyone is getting mauled, the fact that Harden got that call is insane to me.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/LAClippers/status/17...0053294384

Case in point: Remember this block by Westbrook? This is clean. Yet Harden gets that kind of whistle. Crazy.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(04-24-2024, 04:33 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: If you pause at 3 seconds and slow it down you can see Green's arm BARELY graze Harden's. Technically that's a foul. In a game where everyone is getting mauled, the fact that Harden got that call is insane to me.

Sure, but...it's Green. And James Harden.
Like Reply
(04-24-2024, 04:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sure, but...it's Green. And James Harden.

Exactly……you knew the end result of that encounter before they even engaged.

Honestly, I would have preferred Green just to punch Harden in the gut on his way up. He would have gotten 2 techs and an injection, but it would have been worth the pleasure i would have felt seeing that sack of sch*@t Harden feeling some pain.  That guy’s everything that’s wrong about the NBA…..sorry…had to get that out lol!
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 1 user Likes OBX Maverick's post:
  • Lukedoncic
Like Reply
(04-24-2024, 05:19 PM)OBX Maverick Wrote: Exactly……you knew the end result of that encounter before they even engaged.

Honestly, I would have preferred Green just to punch Harden in the gut on his way up. He would have gotten 2 techs and an injection, but it would have been worth the pleasure i would have felt seeing that sack of sch*@t Harden feeling some pain.  That guy’s everything that’s wrong about the NBA…..sorry…had to get that out lol!

I just wish Green would demonstrate a slightly better basketball IQ in those situations. 

There was an earlier possession in which Irving, a less imposing defender, bent over backwards to avoid committing a foul on a similar Harden attempt. It's simply the difference in quantity of playoff experience. Can't blame the officials for calling the game in a predictable way.
Like Reply
Really wish we had a goon ala Laimbeer. Just completely wipe Harden out
Like Reply
(04-24-2024, 05:36 PM)GATA Wrote: Really wish we had a goon ala Laimbeer.  Just completely wipe Harden out

Morris technically is supposed to be that. But it's too blatant to send him out there and he injure Harden.
Like Reply
(04-24-2024, 05:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I just wish Green would demonstrate a slightly better basketball IQ in those situations. 

There was an earlier possession in which Irving, a less imposing defender, bent over backwards to avoid committing a foul on a similar Harden attempt. It's simply the difference in quantity of playoff experience. Can't blame the officials for calling the game in a predictable way.

Green needs to demonstrate better basketball IQ on both ends of the court. Hopefully, the game will slow down for him a bit. Yes, i know he’s quite a nimble player, but he always seems to be rushed and out of control. He’s been better when the Mavericks have been short handed and he’s been forced to take the lead. However, when he’s playing with Luka and Kyrie he often looks lost out there.
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
Like Reply
(04-24-2024, 05:38 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Morris technically is supposed to be that. But it's too blatant to send him out there and he injure Harden.

Just curious... so what if it would be blatant though? The Spurs blatantly set out to injure Steve Nash in 2006-07. Instead of penalizing the Spurs, the NBA chose to suspend Amar'e Stoudamire and Boris Diaw, gifting the Spurs the series and an NBA title that they should not have won.

So, Markieff would get suspended but that's about it. I don't think there would be any suspension for the Mavericks.
Like Reply
(04-24-2024, 04:31 PM)surfpuckmd Wrote: Paul George has injured two different Mavericks in two games with dirty plays.

Can we let Markieff Morris guard him for 4 minutes and see what happens?

Honestly, Paul George would probably just drop 10 points on him in four minutes and Kidd would have to sub him out.

Paul George is not a dirty player, c'mon...get real.
Like Reply
An extra day of rest for Kawhi's knee makes me nauseous.
Like Reply
(04-24-2024, 10:35 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: An extra day of rest for Kawhi's knee makes me nauseous.

But it will be a short turnaround for game 4 Sunday with the 2:30 tip-off.  I really doubt he can play every game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rocky164's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(04-24-2024, 10:35 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: An extra day of rest for Kawhi's knee makes me nauseous.

He played almost a full load with 35 minutes. The most important thing is if his knee reacted in any kind of way to that or if he felt the same the morning after the game than he did the morning before the game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knutsen's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply