Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs - 1st Round: Los Angeles Clippers - Dallas Mavericks
Here we go. Starting with the latest update on Kawhi's knee.

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/statu...7351023927

Quote:Kawhi Leonard reportedly has ‘a lot of swelling’ in his knee, per
@Chris_Broussard
“I was in contact with someone in the know, and they said they are concerned.”
Like Reply
Good breakdown

Like Reply
K.Leonard goes Shaq efficiency on us in a playoff series. MAKES SENSE AINT IT!
Like Reply
everything just makes so much more sense on the perimeter if we can play their centers off the floor and force them to play Tucker as their big
Lets DJJ guard Harden while Maxi and PJW handle George and KL.

Finding more minutes for DJJ and Exum on Harden will be important
Like Reply
In the past, it seems like the Clippers always had an over abundance of 6’7” - 6’9” wings who were mobile, could defend and hit a three. It felt like Dallas was just a player or two short of being able to match up effectively.

Now, it seems like Dallas has enough size and versatility to counter whatever lineups LA throws at them.

My confidence in this series is pretty high.
[-] The following 5 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth, michaeltex, Reunion Mav, The Jom
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/clippersuk/status/17...9296520531

@ClippersUK
Clippers “not concerned” about Kawhi Leonard’s right knee inflammation, according to Woj.

Well Woj contradicts Mr. Sauces here. I trust Woj.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(04-16-2024, 08:55 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: In the past, it seems like the Clippers always had an over abundance of 6’7” - 6’9” wings who were mobile, could defend and hit a three. It felt like Dallas was just a player or two short of being able to match up effectively.

Now, it seems like Dallas has enough size and versatility to counter whatever lineups LA throws at them.

My confidence in this series is pretty high.

That is what pops out to me too.  Now, a full strength and healthy Clippers team may be better than their previous teams as well.   But in those series KP was not much of a factor and Powell was the only other rim protection(not much).  Now we have two guys that allows Luka to play with his food a little with the Clippers big man.

Maxi had to guard Leonard most of the time.  I thought he did a good job.  The problem was is it didn't impact Leonard who still got to his spots and made basket after basket.   That is way it works sometimes.  Sometimes a guy just has your number.   Besides Maxi we have DFS now.    Now we have multiple bodies to throw at him and George.   They are both really good so they still may do a ton of damage.   Lets hope not as bad as a few years ago.
Like Reply
I’m 50/50 going in. Not even gameday and already nervous.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
I think the Mavs have this series in 6
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, MFFL
Like Reply
Really tough series to predict, but I will also go with Mavs in 6. A lot depends which version of Clippers will show up. They looked like juggernaught a couple of months ago and very average since. Was that aging stars getting tired or aging stars just saving their best for playoffs? As for Mavs - can they force their way of playing on Clippers? Fast pace, good shooting, exploiting missmatches.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(04-16-2024, 02:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think the Mavs have this series in 6

If Harden takes shots away from Klaw and chokes as he so often does, this will happen. Put one of our better defenders on Harden and play the rest of the team man while trolling the passing lanes.
Like Reply
Closing lineups will be interesting.

Mavs can go jumbo with Gafford, Maxi, PJ and Lukai
Mavs can go small with Maxi, PJ, Exum and Lukai
Mavs can go hybrid with Gafford, Maxi/PJ, Exum and Lukai

Clippers can stay big with Zubac, Kawhi, George, Harden, Russ/Powell
Clippers can go small with Kawhi, George, Harden, Russ, Powell

That last Clippers lineup will be the one I'm most interested to see how Kidd reacts. Does he stay big with Gafford and give Russ the Giddey treatment? Does he match with a Maxi/PJ frontcourt?
Like Reply
Nick Angstadt (@NickVanExit)
An hour after Mavs Practice was supposed to end they’re still going.

At least they’re not taking the series too lightly.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
@KevinGraySports
“What’s different about playing the Clippers this time around?”

Luka: We have Kai.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, The Jom
Like Reply
Law Murray (@LawMurrayTheNU)
Tyronn Lue says that Kawhi Leonard will participate in a limited capacity in practice. “A quarter of practice”

Asked TMann about Kawhi

"I'm not too sure. I haven't been in contact with him too much, at least about his health. I'm sure T. Lue will be able to answer that."

@TomerAzarly Where’s Kawhi?

Nowhere to be found

[Image: 1780351108948394149_0.jpg?ex=66316820&is...height=676]
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
https://x.com/lawmurraythenu/status/1780...19362?s=46&t=Fmdr94oXagcEyy75KJqaFg

The postseason is here, and so is Luka prep

I vote Kobe Brown to be scout team Luka

^ Watch the vid. Ty Lue is trying to have the Clips zeroed in on Luka.
Like Reply
Draymond Green in his podcast thinks Clippers should put Kawhi on Luka and Russ on Kyrie. I respect Green but I am not so sure. Kawhi is unlikely to fight through screens (didn't do it in their first two series) and Luka will just pick whoever he wants anyway, if they switch everything. Russ might be their best Kyrie defender, but him hitting shots will be crucial and based on his shooting I wouldn't be too optimistic if I am Clippers. Mavs will certainly give him the Giddey treatment by putting either the center or Luka on him, forcing Clippers to play 4 on 5 (or Russ shooting from outside).
Like Reply
Youngmisuk] Ty Lue says Kawhi Leonard will participate in a quarter of practice. Lue said that’s because Leonard hasn’t played since end of March. Asked if Kawhi is being ramped up this week, he confirmed that. Asked if Kawhi will play Game 1, Lue said they’ll have to see.

Edit: repost
Like Reply
Mavs in 4
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/luka7doncic/status/1...96488?s=46

@luka7doncic

Playoff time #mffl

^ insane hype video from Luka himself.
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply