Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs - 1st Round: Los Angeles Clippers - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-2!
Although it was a disappointing loss, I just checked the betting sites, and surprisingly we’re actually favoured to win BOTH of the next two games and win the series 4-2.

Vegas is the most informed and reliable opinion out there, and if they favor the mavs, who are we to second guess…
Like Reply
(04-29-2024, 08:14 AM)Lukedoncic Wrote: Although it was a disappointing loss, I just checked the betting sites, and surprisingly we’re actually favoured to win BOTH of the next two games and win the series 4-2.

Vegas is the most informed and reliable opinion out there, and if they favor the mavs, who are we to second guess…

They're still missing Kawhi so we should be favored in theory but keep in mind that Vegas is built to make money, no predictions.  We were favored by -5.5 last game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd
Like Reply
Crazy how off Luka seems but then you see that he's +13 combined in our two losses and we're -30 combined in those two losses. Normally individual plus minus is really misleading but the fact that the -30 happened in NINE MINUTES is pretty telling.
Like Reply
(04-29-2024, 08:14 AM)Lukedoncic Wrote: Although it was a disappointing loss, I just checked the betting sites, and surprisingly we’re actually favoured to win BOTH of the next two games and win the series 4-2.

Never trust Vegas.... They're there to take your money.
Like Reply
I hope the mavs win in 6 to get a bit more preparation time for the OKC series that's going to be even tougher, but this series will probably not end until 7. in this series so far the trailing team, with stronger determination to win would always win the game. these two teams are evenly matched unlike other matchups in the west, with strengths and weaknesses of their own, respectively.
Like Reply
After losing game 1, we won twice: on the road, then home. Just repeat this after the last loss and we are at 4-2 Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like Halfnir's post:
  • fifteenth, omahen
Like Reply
Get back on the road and refocus as a group, without all the distractions of being in DAL.

Harden and PG are going to continue to rain 3s, but hitting at 62+% isn't likely. Even so, it still almost wasn't enough last game.

Westbrook is going to try and be a pest to get under someone's skin and egg them into doing something rash.

Keep the bigs focused and make sure they have goldfish memories.

Remember that regardless of the outcome, it still takes 4 wins to advance.
Like Reply
Leonard is out for game 5. Hardaway hurt his ankle in practice and he is now out as well. Prosper is also out. We really need Green and Exum to provide some positive minutes.
Like Reply
(04-30-2024, 03:49 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Leonard is out for game 5.  Hardaway hurt his ankle in practice and he is now out as well.  Prosper is also out.    We really need Green and Exum to provide some positive minutes.

Not gonna lie, it's bad for us that Kawhi is out. He hasn't been able to re-integrate, and they play much better without him as he is now.
Like Reply
(04-30-2024, 04:37 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Not gonna lie, it's bad for us that Kawhi is out. He hasn't been able to re-integrate, and they play much better without him as he is now.

So you're saying they are a worse team with a healthy Kawhi? I beg to differ if that's the case. Just trying to understand what you mean. When he's right, he's a difference maker.
Like Reply
(04-30-2024, 05:21 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: So you're saying they are a worse team with a healthy Kawhi? I beg to differ if that's the case. Just trying to understand what you mean. When he's right, he's a difference maker.

He hasn't been himself in the games he's played, so I'd say "healthy Kawhi" is a moot issue. Even if he were theoretically 100% healthy, they still have better chemistry right now without him (as seen in the latter portion of the regular season and this series), to the extent that his playing could win the Mavs a game if he plays in game 6 or 7.
Like Reply
(04-30-2024, 05:47 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: He hasn't been himself in the games he's played, so I'd say "healthy Kawhi" is a moot issue. Even if he were theoretically 100% healthy, they still have better chemistry right now without him (as seen in the latter portion of the regular season and this series), to the extent that his playing could win the Mavs a game if he plays in game 6 or 7.

It’s the “addition by subtraction” theory.

…but the Mavs lost their last game without Powell or Hardaway playing a single minute.

So, theory disproved.
Like Reply
https://www.talkbasket.net/182136-teranc...-aint-easy

Terrance Mann on guarding Luka.
Like Reply
(04-30-2024, 05:47 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: He hasn't been himself in the games he's played, so I'd say "healthy Kawhi" is a moot issue. Even if he were theoretically 100% healthy, they still have better chemistry right now without him (as seen in the latter portion of the regular season and this series), to the extent that his playing could win the Mavs a game if he plays in game 6 or 7.

Fair enough. But also, it's possible his knee could feel good enough that he plays a whole lot better if he happens to play in a game 6 or 7.  Kawhi is a player that when healthy every team in the league knows what he brings and has to game plan for, but he's not 100% His timing and shot are off, and the Clippers have adjusted to him not playing. But the offense will change when he plays because George, Harden, and others will defer more to him, instead of continually being aggressive offensively before he comes back.  This series is a pick-em if he plays or not IMO.  It depends on what team shoots and defends the rest of the series best.
Like Reply
(05-01-2024, 09:36 AM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: https://www.talkbasket.net/182136-teranc...-aint-easy

Terrance Mann on guarding Luka.

This is a smart man(n) - successfully guarding Luka one-on-one in game 1 should have been a gigantic personal achievement for Mann, but don't give Luka bulletin board material by bragging about it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
FWIW, isn't Mann the one Luka banged knees with that cause the sprain?

Not blaming Mann, just sayin'.
Like Reply
sounds like Luka is trying to kick an illness as well.
Like Reply
@espn_macmahon
Doncic also has a cough and has been congested for the last five or six games. “I’m ready for this game. I’m fine.”

@espn_macmahon
Luka Doncic says his sprained right knee is “not great, but it is what it is.” Would he be playing if this was the regular season? “Probably not.”
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-01-2024, 02:45 PM)michaeltex Wrote: FWIW, isn't Mann the one Luka banged knees with that cause the sprain?

Not blaming Mann, just sayin'.

Luka got sort of leg whipped (I don’t remember it looking intentional) by Westbrook in the game Westbrook went cuckoo and was tossed. I think that aggravated the injury he was already dealing with.
Like Reply
Well now Luka has an epic sick and hurt game.
[-] The following 2 users Like Reunion Mav's post:
  • michaeltex, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply