Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs - 1st Round: Los Angeles Clippers - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-2!
I finally had a chance to watch game 5.  It was among the most fun Mavs games I've watched in the past 10 years.  I absolutely love watching this new Mavs team play fast.  I really love the DJJ, PJ, Gafford and Lively additions.  I love watching Kyrie and Luka figure out how to play together.  This is basketball at its most beautiful. 

As much as I love the Mavericks, I hate the Clippers.  I can't stand their entire team except Kawhi.

I understand that we should not hope for injuries to other teams.  However, I truly hope Westbrook gets syphilis from a street hooker.  I'm hope she's really fat and it becomes a major national news story. I would like that.
[-] The following 2 users Like surfpuckmd's post:
  • SleepingHero, The Jom
Like Reply
(05-03-2024, 01:00 AM)surfpuckmd Wrote: I understand that we should not hope for injuries to other teams.  However, I truly hope Westbrook gets syphilis from a street hooker.  I'm hope she's really fat and it becomes a major national news story. I would like that.

Kind of thought Harden would be more likely than Westbrook, given his reputation for supporting certain entertainment venues.

Saw a report that Mann has lower leg contusion? If he's out, or hobbled, then Luka should feast on the Clip defense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes michaeltex's post:
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(05-03-2024, 09:46 AM)michaeltex Wrote: Kind of thought Harden would be more likely than Westbrook, given his reputation for supporting certain entertainment venues.

Saw a report that Mann has lower leg contusion? If he's out, or hobbled, then Luka should feast on the Clip defense.

The advanced stats definitely suggest that Harden is more likely to contract syphilis from an obese street prostitute.  I don't like James Harden and I would be fine with him acquiring syphilis.  I don't like the way Harden plays and I do hate the way he is officiated.  I don't really hate Harden though.  He doesn't try to hurt anyone.  

However, Westbrook is not only a terrible player but seems to be making an effort to injure Luka on a nightly basis.  Westbrook is the one I would personally prefer acquire syphilis.  It has to be from a morbidly obese street prostitute.  That's what he deserves. I'd like that to be his legacy.  As a basketball player, he's become useless.  I'd like his career to end in a manner even more disgraceful than Dwight Howard's sad end.   FanDuel hasn't offered up odds on this but the odds are not zero.
[-] The following 3 users Like surfpuckmd's post:
  • michaeltex, SleepingHero, The Jom
Like Reply
Some truly great sports hate on here!
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(05-03-2024, 10:45 AM)The Jom Wrote: Some truly great sports hate on here!

I thought so too.... then I remembered syphilis is easily treated with antibiotics.
[-] The following 2 users Like Winter's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd, The Jom
Like Reply
(05-03-2024, 10:42 AM)surfpuckmd Wrote: The advanced stats definitely suggest that Harden is more likely to contract syphilis from an obese street prostitute.  I don't like James Harden and I would be fine with him acquiring syphilis.  I don't like the way Harden plays and I do hate the way he is officiated.  I don't really hate Harden though.  He doesn't try to hurt anyone.  

However, Westbrook is not only a terrible player but seems to be making an effort to injure Luka on a nightly basis.  Westbrook is the one I would personally prefer acquire syphilis.  It has to be from a morbidly obese street prostitute.  That's what he deserves. I'd like that to be his legacy.  As a basketball player, he's become useless.  I'd like his career to end in a manner even more disgraceful than Dwight Howard's sad end.   FanDuel hasn't offered up odds on this but the odds are not zero.

What makes it worse, both are 1st ballot future HOFamers, whether you like it or not...
Like Reply
(05-03-2024, 11:24 AM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: What makes it worse, both are 1st ballot future HOFamers, whether you like it or not...

1st ballot HOF at contracting syphilis maybe
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
@KevinGraySports
The Clippers are to Luka Doncic, what the Pistons were to Michael Jordan, what the Celtics were to Isiah Thomas, what the Lakers and Celtics were to Larry Bird & Magic Johnson, what the Spurs and Mavs were to Dirk & Tim Duncan

It’s Luka’s time to overcome his nemesis tonight!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • michaeltex, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(05-03-2024, 10:42 AM)surfpuckmd Wrote: The advanced stats definitely suggest that Harden is more likely to contract syphilis from an obese street prostitute.  I don't like James Harden and I would be fine with him acquiring syphilis.  I don't like the way Harden plays and I do hate the way he is officiated.  I don't really hate Harden though.  He doesn't try to hurt anyone.  

Westbrick is still pissed that Cuban said he wasn't elite.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hooper21's post:
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(05-03-2024, 10:54 AM)Winter Wrote: I thought so too.... then I remembered syphilis is easily treated with antibiotics.

It's more the negative stigma that I want for him rather than the illness.  

I'd be Ok with him contracting genital herpes from the same morbidly obese street hooker.  That would be fine too as long as Barkley and Shaq laugh about it on air.
Like Reply
@statmuse
Russell Westbrook finishes the series averaging 6 points, 4 rebounds, 1.6 assists with a team low TS of 34%
Like Reply
@bradtownsend
Luka Doncic on if there was extra satisfaction in beating the Clippers. "Of course. I lost twice to them, so it was even bigger motivation to beat them. But they have a great team. We had to work really, really hard to beat them. I'm happy we did it this time."
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Luka and Kyrie are the stars but PJ and Lively look like potential future all stars. There were moments in the series where PJ looked like Dennis Rodman on defense. Who other than Wemby/Holmgreb is a better center prospect (under 25) than Lively in the NBA?
[-] The following 4 users Like haveitall's post:
  • KillerLeft, rocky164, RoyTarpleysGhost, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(05-04-2024, 11:34 AM)haveitall Wrote: Luka and Kyrie are the stars but PJ and Lively look like potential future all stars.  There were moments in the series where PJ looked like Dennis Rodman on defense.  Who other than Wemby/Holmgreb is a better center prospect (under 25) than Lively in the NBA?

I was gonna say we have 4 great pieces. 

Do you resign DJJ? Or throw the rest of the assets we have for that fifth piece that’s better than THJ and Josh Green.
Like Reply
(05-04-2024, 02:18 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I was gonna say we have 4 great pieces. 

Do you resign DJJ? Or throw the rest of the assets we have for that fifth piece that’s better than THJ and Josh Green.

I think they keep DJJ if there's any hope of doing so. I hope he has the joy in playing in Dallas and the humility to take the taxpayer MLE - that would essentially keep things very simple for the Mavs. I don't think the starting lineup needs any tweaking whatsoever if DJJ returns - it's getting a guy who can create his own shot while not hurting the D that can come off the bench.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod, mvossman, Winter
Like Reply
(05-04-2024, 02:18 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I was gonna say we have 4 great pieces. 

I don't think its an either/or.  If the goal is to upgrade the starting lineup, something like Timmy+first for Caruso would make a lot of sense.  In that scenario you have generated more room to sign DJJ, who would still be a valuable rotation piece.  I don't think you can focus on upgrading the 6th man unless you know you can hold on to DJJ.  If he is will to sign tax MLE, then you can send Timmy+first for a 6th man.  Either way you hold on to DJJ if at all possible.
Like Reply
The shot:
[Image: 23184659.jpg?resize=1536,1024]
Like Reply
https://archive.ph/ql415
Clippers eliminated: What’s next for Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, James Harden, Ty Lue

To put a bow on this series, an article from the Athletic on the Clippers disappointing result and tumultuous feelings from Westbrook over his role.
Like Reply
(05-04-2024, 05:26 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://archive.ph/ql415
Clippers eliminated: What’s next for Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, James Harden, Ty Lue

To put a bow on this series, an article from the Athletic on the Clippers disappointing result and tumultuous feelings from Westbrook over his role.

"His role?" How completely blind can a human being be? His role was to be a big help to the Mavs in closing out the Clipps.
Like Reply