Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 82: Dallas Mavericks (50-31) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (56-25)
(04-14-2024, 02:50 PM)Jym Wrote: we're not even going to be playing a point guard in this game
no offense would be ran no matter how much they tried even if that was the goal.

so the shooting guards should take all the shots and everyone else not be involved?
Like Reply
Pacers beat the Hawks by 42 today...let's see if the Mavs can match that
Like Reply
OMax mash
Like Reply
O-Max will channel his inner Luka after the game:

You know compared to FIBA the G-League scoring in the NBA is easy. Big Grin

Let´s just say Green does not look healthy.
Like Reply
Yeah Green has zero business getting any playoff minutes. His offense is completely gone after that injury
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 02:52 PM)youzigizag Wrote: so the shooting guards should take all the shots and everyone else not be involved?

I'm just talking about the reality of the situation
our only easy points will come in transition today 
in the halfcourt, the shots will either come from one-on-one scoring or from one simple pass when one of the shooting guards drives in
Like Reply
Man...OMax is underwhelming rebound wise. Maybe he looks better with starter spacing...but he seems to flail is arms up and fumble the ball around in the air instead of having sure hands and securing a board.

It is obvious how important sure hands are going from WCS/Dwight to Gafford who just rips boards down.

OMax seems like one of those guys that cant secure a board very well in traffic
Like Reply
Hardy had such a bad 1st quarter that Kidd benched him...even when they don't have a lot of players available today
Like Reply
Ha ha. Not a pretty game.

Hey Lac when u played in the playoffs previously Powell and Hardaway were core players. What a ways we have come.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 02:52 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Pacers beat the Hawks by 42 today...let's see if the Mavs can match that

So they are down by a Dirk - I mean by 41 points - at the half, I think they can beat the score. They are going to ruin our season stats… 

And Hardaway, whom I wished an effective night but didn’t believe in, is 1 for 9 and almost broke his knees trying to guard SGA a couple of times.
Like Reply
Hardaway and Green both looking like shit does not bode well.

Gonna be relying A LOT on Exum
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Looks like Brandon Williams is getting the "Dirkie"
Like Reply
If I'm the Mavs, instead of wearing the "Pravi MVP" shirt for Luka, just submit this game tape to the sportswriters and broadcasters who vote on the MVP
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs03's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
Just embarrassing seeing our bench and scrubs not be able to do anything while even OKC's end-of-roster players can make threes and shots off the dribble. Once OKC pulled their regular rotation players in the 2nd half then you'd expect the game to be a little closer when the talent level was more equal but nope.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 04:57 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Just embarrassing seeing our bench and scrubs not be able to do anything while even OKC's end-of-roster players can make threes and shots off the dribble. Once OKC pulled their regular rotation players in the 2nd half then you'd expect the game to be a little closer when the talent level was more equal but nope.

Nico has work to do in the offseason - better it have to be on our 9-15 rotation than on our 2-8 rotation as was the case in prior years.
Like Reply
It's hard to make any judgements about the bottom seven of a roster having to play a game against a real live NBA team. Unless you're elite in the NBA you pretty much have to have a role to be effective. Asking any of those guys to lead a unit is a recipe for an arse whoop'n. Maybe some of the bottom 7 could have some success if you at least had a point guard on the floor. They didn't even have that. Timmy can't lead a team of outside the rotation folks against a real NBA team. He needs to be one of the guys people are passing too. Hardy is even further away from being able to do that than Timmy. And folks like OMax don't really have a chance to be successful unless they are just fitting in with folks who can take on more responsibility. Meaningless game.

The only person this game might say something about is Hardy. And that's just to reinforce that if he becomes something, it will be in a supporting role. We already knew that about Timmy.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 4 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • KillerLeft, mvossman, omahen, WillE
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 06:03 PM)fifteenth Wrote: It's hard to make any judgements about the bottom seven of a roster having to play a game against a real live NBA team. Unless you're elite in the NBA you pretty much have to have a role to be effective. Asking any of those guys to lead a unit is a recipe for an arse whoop'n. Maybe some of the bottom 7 could have some success if you at least had a point guard on the floor. They didn't even have that. Timmy can't lead a team of outside the rotation folks against a real NBA team. He needs to be one of the guys people are passing too. Hardy is even further away from being able to do that than Timmy. And folks like OMax don't really have a chance to be successful unless they are just fitting in with folks who can take on more responsibility. Meaningless game.

The only person this game might say something about is Hardy. And that's just to reinforce that if he becomes something, it will be in a supporting role. We already knew that about Timmy.

Methinks that Timmy and Hardy's supporting roles this postseason will be in supporting Dwight's towel-waving. Kidd has wised up. 

Hardy has as much of a chance to become a usable player as DSJ. While becoming a useful defender seems improbable for Hardy right now, the same could absolutely have been said of DSJ in his first two seasons. On offense, Hardy could be a very usable bench player if he focused only on 1) catch and shoot, and 2) Green-style hockey assist passes. He's a decent passer when he actually does it.
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 06:12 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Methinks that Timmy and Hardy's supporting roles this postseason will be in supporting Dwight's towel-waving. Kidd has wised up. 

Hardy has as much of a chance to become a usable player as DSJ. While becoming a useful defender seems improbable for Hardy right now, the same could absolutely have been said of DSJ in his first two seasons. On offense, Hardy could be a very usable bench player if he focused only on 1) catch and shoot, and 2) Green-style hockey assist passes. He's a decent passer when he actually does it.

I agree about Hardy not playing. I think Timmy plays. As much as the board hates him, he does have an NBA level skill. He and Josh will probably take turns as the 9th man based on what the team needs in any given moment. 

If we have any injuries at all, then we'll probably see a good bit of Timmy and Josh.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 06:16 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I agree about Hardy not playing. I think Timmy plays. As much as the board hates him, he does have an NBA level skill. He and Josh will probably take turns as the 9th man based on what the team needs in any given moment. 

If we have any injuries at all, then we'll probably see a good bit of Timmy and Josh Cancun.

FIFY
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 06:18 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: FIFY

I typically hate the FIFY thing, because it's like putting words in people's mouth to add stuff to their quote bubble. 

But that one was funny. 

I'm not quite to that level of doom and gloom though. It depends on who the injury is to.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply