Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 80: Dallas Mavericks (49-30) vs. Miami Heat (44-35)
This is the kind of game that they would have allowed to slip away during the first half of the season. No matter what happens, I can’t even get scared. I just feel like they’re gonna start playing any second and put it out of reach.
[-] The following 11 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, BolsDamols, DallasMaverick, donzingis38, Jym, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, MFFL, RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero, Smitty, soog
Like Reply
Miami missing Scary Terry and Robinson, but they're hanging around.
Like Reply
Relax guys, Mavs got this.. a little excitement never hurt anybody
Like Reply
DJJ is having a career year. It's a no brainer to re-sign him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • soog
Like Reply
I'm ready for the trilogy
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(04-10-2024, 07:19 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Kyrie is freakin amazing.

This is an understatement. His gravity on the court is insane.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(04-10-2024, 08:45 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: DJJ is having a career year. It's a no brainer to re-sign him.

Hope we can! He’s made me a believer. I was skeptical even a few weeks ago but Green’s injury clarified and re-established his importance.
Like Reply
Yeah I'm ready for THJ and Green to go. This team is all about size and length and neither of them are big enough (not a surprise this team IMPROVED over the last month while both of them were not factors). Tonight was the perfect example. The Heat went on their run in the 3rd quarter against those 2. Once the Mavs went big again then the 4th quarter was easy. That's why I'd have no problem with both of those guys not seeing a single minute in the playoffs because it would be addition by subtraction.

PJ, DJJ, Exum are all 6'6"/6'7" with long arms and that allows them to do much more on both sides of the ball...especially defensively. Individual and help defense is just way better when you have bigger players on the perimeter + a shot-blocking center inside.
Like Reply
(04-10-2024, 08:39 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This is the kind of game that they would have allowed to slip away during the first half of the season. No matter what happens, I can’t even get scared. I just feel like they’re gonna start playing any second and put it out of reach.

Came here to say the same thing. This is such a different team now. Back then it was always guaranteed they would blow the lead. It was so frustrating.
Like Reply
(04-10-2024, 09:12 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Yeah I'm ready for THJ and Green to go. This team is all about size and length and neither of them are big enough (not a surprise this team IMPROVED over the last month while both of them were not factors). Tonight was the perfect example. The Heat went on their run in the 3rd quarter against those 2. Once the Mavs went big again then the 4th quarter was easy. That's why I'd have no problem with both of those guys not seeing a single minute in the playoffs because it would be addition by subtraction.

PJ, DJJ, Exum are all 6'6"/6'7" with long arms and that allows them to do much more on both sides of the ball...especially defensively. Individual and help defense is just way better when you have bigger players on the perimeter + a shot-blocking center inside.

The box score says that THJ was +16 and Green was +7.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • mvossman, soog, The Jom
Like Reply
(04-10-2024, 09:12 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Yeah I'm ready for THJ and Green to go. This team is all about size and length and neither of them are big enough (not a surprise this team IMPROVED over the last month while both of them were not factors). Tonight was the perfect example. The Heat went on their run in the 3rd quarter against those 2. Once the Mavs went big again then the 4th quarter was easy. That's why I'd have no problem with both of those guys not seeing a single minute in the playoffs because it would be addition by subtraction.

I still like Green. It's only his first game back. I agree that he and Tim should never be on the court at the same time but I remember he does have chemistry with Kyrie. With him, we don't have to go after the Bruce Brown, GPII, Caruso types.
Like Reply
I was fully expecting Mavs to take it easy. Mavs look awesome!
Like Reply
(04-10-2024, 08:56 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: I'm ready for the trilogy

I just wish Denver hadn’t won tonight… then everything would have been perfect for a path to the WCF

While I agree with you on THJ (based on role on the team, physical size, contract size << primarily because of contract size), I’m not in a hurry to get rid of Green. He is probably the second best athlete on the team, has shown stretches of great shooting, and he isn’t small. He’s listed between 6’5” and 6’6” depending on where you look and his wingspan is 6’10”. That’s not too far off from DJJ at 6’6” and 7’0”. THJ on the other hand is 6’6” with a 6’7” wingspan.

But again, I think the primary reason to trade THJ is his contract - based purely on asset management alone, I’d like to see Nico redeploy that 18M in a way that does more to help the team.also based on his ability to score, his expiring contract, and from a salary matching perspective- THJ is the obvious choice to pair with the 2 FRPs this summer in a search for a starting SF. Though I’m really struggling to identify a target that would be both available and worth that cost.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1778220520061682151

This moment from last night brought a tear to my eye.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
THJ still contributes offensively but I have no problem trading him this coming summer for that one last piece that makes a champion squad. green is way more valuable than THJ and he should not be included in any trade proposal unless it brings back an OG caliber player. THJ plus 2 seconds will be sufficient for Thybulle IMHO.
Like Reply
(04-12-2024, 02:09 AM)LukaMVP Wrote: THJ still contributes offensively but I have no problem trading him this coming summer for that one last piece that makes a champion squad. green is way more valuable than THJ and he should not be included in any trade proposal unless it brings back an OG caliber player. THJ plus 2 seconds will be sufficient for Thybulle IMHO.

Thybulle might make some sense if we can't hold onto DJJ and don't want to pay the price for someone like Caruso, but he is not a great fit in the starting lineup.  He is even more offensively limited than DJJ.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Any update on DJJ injury? Great basketball play by Bam. Fine example of “Heat Culture.” They should stitch a BALCO patch on those jerseys.
Like Reply
(04-12-2024, 10:50 AM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: Any update on DJJ injury? Great basketball play by Bam. Fine example of “Heat Culture.” They should stitch a BALCO patch on those jerseys.

DJJ was laughing and smiling on the bench and didn't even have ice on his shoulder so I think we got incredibly lucky there. His shoulder might've popped out and back in.

I wouldn't be surprised if they held him out for the rest of the season though just to be safe.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(04-12-2024, 10:54 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: DJJ was laughing and smiling on the bench and didn't even have ice on his shoulder so I think we got incredibly lucky there. His shoulder might've popped out and back in.

I wouldn't be surprised if they held him out for the rest of the season though just to be safe.

He's not on the injury report for tonight.
Like Reply