Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 78: Houston Rockets (38-39) vs. Dallas Mavericks (47-30)
Exum gets his revenge on the Rockets!
Like Reply
Just can’t get a lead in this game
Like Reply
I almost forgot that Bullock was still in the league. Didn't need the reminder.

PJ made the most important one.
Like Reply
(04-07-2024, 05:14 PM)GATA Wrote: Kyrie not a clutch bone in his body

Care to retract?
[-] The following 4 users Like MFFL's post:
  • BigDirk41, Lukedoncic, Scott41theMavs, WillE
Like Reply
That was some game.
Like Reply
(04-07-2024, 05:14 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Sometimes it´s nice to watch the old classics, where nobody besides Kyrie and Luka can buy a shot.

Can´t even have that. LOL. This team just doesn´t quit. Cool
[-] The following 3 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • MFFL, Scott41theMavs, The Jom
Like Reply
Luka is next level superstar. That block was gorgeous.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Mavs benefited from the league wide trend to allow more contact. Todays game felt like a throwback to the foul baiting and minimal contact calls we saw earlier in the season. Really hope that it was an outlier.
Like Reply
What a rollercoaster. I can't believe they pulled that out. Huge timely shots from Exum and PJ, Luka buckling down on defense. Incredible game!

And shoutout to Jabari for coming up clutch from the free throw line! I nearly turned it off at that point.
[-] The following 3 users Like loki's post:
  • Lukedoncic, MFFL, The Jom
Like Reply
PJ surprised me in OT
[-] The following 1 user Likes GATA's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
Best win of the season!!! Houston started extremely aggresive and were making tough shots through whole game. Punished almost every Mavs defensive mistakes. Mavs did well on Green but iffy shooters like Brooks punished them every time. But, Mavs never backed down and gods rewarded them with 3 missed Houston free throws at the end of regular time. Overtime was a routine for Mavs. Awesome game to watch and fantastic end!

Clippers are not losing, so Mavs unlikely to finish higher than fifth. But playoff spot is more or less locked now. Tough to see Mavs drop games against Detroit or Hornets.
Like Reply
What a win...ideally wrap up the Top-6 seed before the OKC game and you can give Luka/Kyrie the entire week off before the 1st round starts. I don't know how much left they have in the tank this week but they'll need to go all out to wrap it up. Thank goodness they have Charlotte and Detroit
Like Reply
(04-07-2024, 05:33 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Mavs benefited from the league wide trend to allow more contact. Todays game felt like a throwback to the foul baiting and minimal contact calls we saw earlier in the season. Really hope that it was an outlier.

Nearly got out of hand early for the refs. Mavs were lucky Houston thought they can get away with everything with that Thompson flagrant two. That was probably the turning point, as he was killing Mavs on defense. Shorthanded Houston quickly got into foul trouble all around the roster with their aggresive play, even with refs allowing a lot of contact
Like Reply
Couldn’t believe how 34% Dylan Brooks kept hitting huge shot after huge shot.

And Reggie “washed up” Bullock.
Like Reply

All 206 bones in his body are clutch.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jmaciscool's post:
  • BigDirk41, MFFL, Scott41theMavs, WillE
Like Reply
still can't believe the mavs won this game. i was at work when i checked the score 129-126 for houston. thought it was over. checked again 10 minutes later and the game was still on with a mavs lead. crazy stuff
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
1 ...2 ...3 ..4 OT T
Rockets
42 29 35 23 7 136

Mavericks
27 39 32 31 18 147
Like Reply
Mavs lead sixth-place Phoenix and seventh-place New Orleans (both at 46-32) by two full games and own the tiebreaker against both teams. In other words, the Suns and Pelicans would both have to pass Dallas by winning three more games than the Mavericks the rest of the way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(04-07-2024, 04:37 PM)GATA Wrote: Bad PJ again.

(04-07-2024, 05:08 PM)GATA Wrote: Really bad loss

You ok?
[-] The following 5 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Lukedoncic, MFFL, michaeltex, mvossman, WillE
Like Reply
Just out of curiosity. Is this not a travel in NBA?

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&GameEventID=9&GameID=0022301131&Season=2023-24&flag=1&title=Ja.%20Green%20Driving%20Finger%20Roll%20Layup%20(2%20PTS)
Like Reply