Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 77: Golden State Warriors (42-34) vs Dallas Mavericks (46-30)
If we play defense like that with Luka, we can go very far. Best Mavs defensive team since 2011. Now remember this was not only without Luka, but Lively and Green, too.
[-] The following 5 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, Chicagojk, fifteenth, KillerLeft, The Jom
Like Reply
This is an amazingly well rounded and deep roster.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Benskix2's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
PJ superstar!
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 2 users Like The Jom's post:
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth
Like Reply
We just beat a legit good team who is playing for their playoff lives, in an important game, without Luka

Well done Mavs!

BRB... I'm so happy I'm going to go like everyone's game thread posts
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 5 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • ballsrchr, BigDirk41, KillerLeft, MFFL, The Jom
Like Reply
that gamble to rest Luka paid off
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Seeing Tim Hardaway vs Gary Payton was rad.
[-] The following 4 users Like Benskix2's post:
  • BoredAssistant, fifteenth, Lukedoncic, The Jom
Like Reply
You have to do whatever it takes to re-sign DJJ. Elite defender, long, athletic, versatile offensive game. He's already shooting a career-high from three and I think he can improve that even more in the next couple of years like DFS. Combine that with PJ and teams are finding it hard to score against them.

They could have held off on extending Green and then paid DJJ instead this summer. It will be a big disappointment if they can't afford to re-sign DJJ
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Couldn't be happier with this teams effort. Huge win tonight
[-] The following 1 user Likes nicholasthefan's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
now it's time to pass those clips

they can hear our footsteps
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
Everyone is here!! I see y'all.

AND NO ONE IS POSTING!!!!!!

What's up MFFL?
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Searching for the replay cause I couldn’t watch it live. It’s a lot more dead here than when you left last time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Great win. PJ rose to the opportunity when the Mavs needed another option. Hopefully he can ride this confidence into the playoffs. If he can play like that with Luka back, I’m not scared of any team.

Loved DJJ, too. His D on Curry was just as vital.

I saw someone bemoan the shot decision of PJ taking it up with 12 or maybe 17 seconds left. I think he made the right decision. He had the offense on their heels and a shot at the rim. You don’t pass up a good shot with the game tied just to run clock. You have to take what the other team gives you and trust your defense to make a stop.

All around great game for everyone. Love this team.
[-] The following 2 users Like soog's post:
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth
Like Reply
I love watching Washington and Jones play defense. It is really nice to see them go at it.
Like Reply
(04-05-2024, 10:17 PM)fifteenth Wrote: now it's time to pass those clips

they can hear our footsteps

We are two games back in the loss column and they have the tie breaker. They would have to basically lose EVERY remaining game and we would have to win out.
Like Reply
Nah, they’d have to lose to the Suns twice and Cavs once (going 2-3) while we win out (5-0). Unlikely, but not that unlikely. Luka in LA for the opening of round 1 is the kind of stuff the NBA likes.
Like Reply
(04-05-2024, 11:07 PM)MFFL Wrote: We are two games back in the loss column and they have the tie breaker. They would have to basically lose EVERY remaining game and we would have to win out.

They have six games left and haven't been playing well.  We win four and they win two. It's possible even it's not probable.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
PJ 4-5 on his non-corner 3’s. 1-3 from the corner.

Kidd needs to figure out how to get him looks above the break with Luka and Kyrie in the game. He is not a corner 3pt shooter…though I’m confident he will figure that out too this offseason.

Don’t relegate him to standing in the corner where he doesn’t have the same confidence in his shot that he does everywhere else. This was a great game to really see what it unlocks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
(04-05-2024, 09:57 PM)youzigizag Wrote: According to Followill...

Why would you have different rules for heel placement for out of bounds vs the restricted area under the basket? Would making the ruling more consistent make more sense?

Because the restricted AREA is not defined as a line. Out of bounds is a line, but not an area. (See saving a ball before it touches). IMO if you change the restricted rule to be "more consistent" as a line, then it still would be the same call. A player coming from "Out of Bounds" has to reestablish in-bounds. Lifting the heel off the line does not constitute a re-established position. A foot Out of bounds on the line has to be reestablished with a legal in-bounds position before coming into contact with the the ball. So that principle would also have to be applied for consistency.
Like Reply
Another game won by defense. Huge win
Like Reply
(04-05-2024, 10:06 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: If we play defense like that with Luka, we can go very far. Best Mavs defensive team since 2011. Now remember this was not only without Luka, but Lively and Green, too.

And Kleber - so basically our best player and 4 of our Top 9 players if I‘m counting right. Great effort and great win!
Like Reply