Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 77: Golden State Warriors (42-34) vs Dallas Mavericks (46-30)
[Image: GKaFn9rXUAAw_EM?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BoredAssistant, fifteenth
Like Reply
A picture of two of our excellent defensive players. What a change they and our 3 man trio at center have brought. No wonder this team and many guys on it and around it are getting much more respect nowadays.
[-] The following 2 users Like Reunion Mav's post:
  • fifteenth, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(04-05-2024, 12:02 PM)Reunion Mav Wrote: A picture of two of our excellent defensive players. What a change they and our 3 man trio at center have brought. No wonder this team and many guys on it and around it are getting much more respect nowadays.

Those two have been so far and away a breath of fresh air. I think we're still 1 good defender away from really cooking at being an all nba level defense on the perimeter. 

Speaking of our defense, we're really missing Lively. But not for the reasons we might think:
@coopmavs
Biggest part of this game could very well be the bench, and really Tim Hardaway. With Lively out and the vertical game pretty much taken away, Hardaway has to be able to make shots. In the two games that Lively has missed, Mavs bench has been outscored 39-13 by GS, & 37-19 by ATL.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(04-05-2024, 12:02 PM)Reunion Mav Wrote: A picture of two of our excellent defensive players. What a change they and our 3 man trio at center have brought. No wonder this team and many guys on it and around it are getting much more respect nowadays.

what a signing he has been.    And kudos for the Mavs to help him develop.    I love how he defends guards.   Hopefully when Green is back, we have three guys who we can stick on lead guards.    

I just hope Jones is not a liability on offense in the playoffs.   I think teams will be fine with him taking open threes.   To his benefit, he has hit them at a decent rate lately while also finding other ways to help.

It will be really interesting to see what type of offers he gets this summer.  Some may be determined how he plays this postseason.   Still only 27.   Seems like a very slim line on who can get that full MLE money and then who winds up in that 2-5 millon range.  Sometimes no rhyme or reason.  Oubre was in a similar situation last offseason as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Jones shooting open 3’s in the playoffs? I doubt it. All he has to do is get hot in 1 road game and you’ve stolen home court advantage. Only in desperation do you leave a guy open consistently. Will they try it now and then? Sure. But I wouldn’t expect it to be a winning formula.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
I'm seeing Luka has been downgraded to doubtful for tonight. Maxi questionable, too

(04-05-2024, 03:34 PM)The Jom Wrote: Jones shooting open 3’s in the playoffs? I doubt it. All he has to do is get hot in 1 road game and you’ve stolen home court advantage. Only in desperation do you leave a guy open consistently. Will they try it now and then? Sure. But I wouldn’t expect it to be a winning formula.

DeShawn Stevenson took them in 2011. Sometimes you just have to trust a guy to find extra concentration in playoff time, early season DJJ shooting would be a huge thing for us
[-] The following 2 users Like MrGoat's post:
  • fifteenth, The Jom
Like Reply
(04-05-2024, 03:34 PM)The Jom Wrote: Jones shooting open 3’s in the playoffs? I doubt it. All he has to do is get hot in 1 road game and you’ve stolen home court advantage. Only in desperation do you leave a guy open consistently. Will they try it now and then? Sure. But I wouldn’t expect it to be a winning formula.

They are already leaving him open on purpose. Exum, too.

I would definitely expect that trend to continue, at least until they start letting the shots fly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Luka is out tonight Sad

Wiggins out for GSW, Kuminga and Payton are game time decisions
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
wow no luka tonight. automatic loss, i guess
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
I sense a win as long as Gafford isn't dealing with anything and I don't think he is. It will be a great team effort.
[-] The following 2 users Like BoredAssistant's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
They stopped our win streak, time to return the favor..
[-] The following 2 users Like HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BoredAssistant, fifteenth
Like Reply
Mavs were doing great until their worst player came into the game. Hardy has no NBA skills whatsoever except maybe free throw shooting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
If PJ has his 3pt stroke working, that’d be big.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Warriors bench is so good. Dominating the game. That and their defense and rebounding are great
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(04-05-2024, 08:19 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: If PJ has his 3pt stroke working, that’d be big.

That haircut did him serious good.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Getting rid of THJ this summer can’t happen fast enough. Mavs only franchise success since Dirk came because he got hurt and Kidd had to play Brunson.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Tough finish to the half. Mavs fighting hard.

Fabulous pj game but three turnovers in the last 4 minutes hurt.

Hardaway just doesn’t make enough shots. Got mostly good looks but as we have seen for the last few months. He doesn’t make enough. His minutes may be limited once everyone is healthy.
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Im happy the PJ thing worked out for Dallas. He still has to prove it in the Playoffs...but I think its a safe bet. Put decent players around Luka, and PJ in a good system...and things work out.

Am I out of live for thinking he might be a better pick up than Aaron Gordon? Gordon is elite on defense, PJ is good...Gordon is iffy on offense, PJ is good on offense.

Im thinking PJ's all around package on offense gives him the nudge over Gordon. PJ is a better dribbler, passer, shooter and has better feel for game with his euro-step, dribbling and moves to finish around the rim. Gordon is below average dribbling and shooting and doesnt have what looks like a good feel for the game(has a little Josh Green's offense in him). I guess the better description is PJ is a better creator scorer than Gordan but is not as good on defense as Gordon...but PJ is still good on defense and Playoff playable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes youzigizag's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
the end of the hardaway era can’t come soon enough.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
I know they’re waiting on THJ to get hot but you cannot play him in the playoffs if he finishes the regular season like this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply