Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 77: Golden State Warriors (42-34) vs Dallas Mavericks (46-30)
(04-05-2024, 08:48 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Im happy the PJ thing worked out for Dallas.  He still has to prove it in the Playoffs...but I think its a safe bet.  Put decent players around Luka, and PJ in a good system...and things work out.

Am I out of live for thinking he might be a better pick up than Aaron Gordon?  Gordon is elite on defense, PJ is good...Gordon is iffy on offense,  PJ is good on offense.

Im thinking PJ's all around package on offense gives him the nudge over Gordon.  PJ is a better dribbler, passer, shooter and has better feel for game with his euro-step, dribbling and moves to finish around the rim.  Gordon is below average dribbling and shooting and doesnt have what looks like a good feel for the game(has a little Josh Green's offense in him).  I guess the better description is PJ is a better creator scorer than Gordan but is not as good on defense as Gordon...but PJ is still good on defense and Playoff playable.

Sorry, PJ is not better than Aaron Gordon. He's definitely not as athletic or a better defender. He's Jokic's favorite target on lobs and rim runs. Pretty sure if most GM's had their pick between the two, they'd take Gordon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(04-05-2024, 08:53 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Sorry, PJ is not better than Aaron Gordon. He's definitely not as athletic or a better defender. He's Jokic's favorite target on lobs and rim runs. Pretty sure if most GM's had their pick between the two, they'd take Gordon.

Not now.  But if he turns into a 37% or so three point shooter, he will definitely be close…if not better.   Gordon when when he got to Denver isn’t what he is now.

Pj, jones and Gafford are working their butt off on D.  Concened how we stay close when we go to our bench.  Especially how good the warriors bench is.  Maybe them starting Paul in the second half may not make it a blood bath.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • fifteenth, MFFL
Like Reply
the leeway that donkey gets with the officials is crazy. even seems like they are afraid of him.
[-] The following 2 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • fifteenth, Mavs2021
Like Reply
^That might be my all-time Kyrie Mavs play. Looked at a WIIIIDE OPEN THJ at the three point line and said: oh hell no, I rather drive into three people.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(04-05-2024, 08:53 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Sorry, PJ is not better than Aaron Gordon. He's definitely not as athletic or a better defender. He's Jokic's favorite target on lobs and rim runs. Pretty sure if most GM's had their pick between the two, they'd take Gordon.

Dont get me wrong...I like Gordon a lot.  My previous username from 3 or 4 years ago would show that I was pushing for Dallas to get Gordon.

Gordon isnt bad at dribbling but he cant create with handles very well, imo.   He isnt terrible on offense but he cant do some of the things PJ does.  Hes bigger, quicker and more athletic...but his overall feel for game has issues like Josh Green...but not as pronounced.  

I dont know if I take elite defense over pretty good defense and offense with a 3 shot on a Luka team.   They are putting up similar stats right now...so I guess I take the elite defense with similar stats.   I think Luka has PJ putting up a lot more points next year, though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes youzigizag's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Get Hardaway off my screen. Sick
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
I will also add that I think having PJ's reliable feel for game and offense and shooting in a playoff setting is big. I know I know...Aaron Gordon has a rind and is very qualified in Playoff NBA basketball
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Pretty impressive that there was a time when this team counted on Powell and Hardaway in previous years.

Pelicans and Kings lost tonight
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BoredAssistant, fifteenth, Mavs2021
Like Reply
(04-05-2024, 09:16 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Pretty impressive that there was a time when this team counted on Powell and Hardaway in previous years.

sad is another word that can be used besides impressive
[-] The following 2 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • fifteenth, Lukedoncic
Like Reply
Guess THJ had to foul 39 year old CP3 at midcourt, cause staying in front of him would have been too much of an effort.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • fifteenth, youzigizag
Like Reply
basketball is hard
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(04-05-2024, 09:19 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: sad is another word that can be used besides impressive

Was thinking this earlier.  

Those niche, deep stats that paint Dwight as good or playable...lol.

Dwight aint it.   And...we need someone more reliable than THJ.   I dont fall for his volume stats at all.
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Nice. I like.

Anyone at the game that's in the thread? Can you sneak down to courtside and find a way to kidnap CP? Can't have him playing in the 4th.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
If I had another Kid I may name him/her Nico?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(04-05-2024, 09:16 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Pretty impressive that there was a time when this team counted on Powell and Hardaway in previous years.

Pelicans didn't have Zion or Ingram, but the Spurs are banged up too. Funny how fast fortunes change. N.O was on a 5 game winning streak a week or two ago. Kings lost at the buzzer against the Celtics reserves.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Gafford flirting with a 5x5 game?
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • fifteenth, The Jom
Like Reply
(04-05-2024, 09:29 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: If I had another Kid I may name him/her Nico?

What if you had twins, a boy and a girl? 

Nico and Nica? 

Or name one of them Dirk. 

I suggest...

Dirk Fin ChicagoJK

and

Luka Dodo ChicagoJK

Y'all let CP back on the floor
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • Chicagojk
Like Reply
(04-05-2024, 09:30 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Gafford flirting with a 5x5 game?

Never mind. Not steals.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Is somebody paying Doc to tank the Bucks?
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(04-05-2024, 09:29 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: If I had another Kid I may name him/her Nico?

I'll go with Nico Wyatts Adolis.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoredAssistant's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply