Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 76: Atlanta Hawks (36-40) vs Dallas Mavericks (45-30)
Kleber has been GREAT on defense tonight. Not just good, but GREAT.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost, The Jom
Like Reply
Tim out here making good decisions wtf
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoredAssistant's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(04-04-2024, 07:38 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Kyrie going at Dejounte Murray

Faring much better than Luka is going at Hunter, too. He needs to keep it up!
Like Reply
Luka is just filthy
Like Reply
Sometimes I wonder how much of sports is just about want to.

Mavs just take over to end the half.

(04-04-2024, 07:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Kleber has been GREAT on defense tonight. Not just good, but GREAT.

Yea he looks extra energetic tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Mavs show their ass for 21 minutes and use the last three minutes to build a decisive lead going into halftime. What team is this that we are watching?
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Wouldn’t be surprised if Luka went for 50 in the second half
Like Reply
(04-04-2024, 07:31 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Glad Hardaway got one to drop. This team is going nowhere if he and Kleber can’t hit threes. That’s just the truth.

I agree but let me expand.  The key for our playoffs with the expectation that Luka and Kyrie play to their standard is if PJ, Green, Jones and Kleber can be league average shooting open three pointers.  If they do with the defense they provide, there aren’t many answers to slow this team down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(04-04-2024, 07:42 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I agree but let me expand.  The key for our playoffs with the expectation that Luka and Kyrie play to their standard is if PJ, Green, Jones and Kleber can be league average shooting open three pointers.  If they do with the defense they provide, there aren’t many answers to slow this team down.

I see where you are coming from, but I do not believe it’s possible for all four to do that. And, even if they can, I still think they’re going to need that third source of offensive creation, which is what Hardaway represents. He doesn’t create off the dribble much (more this season than in the past tho), but he creates by moving without the ball. They are going to need a weapon like that against good defenses, and it is apparent to me that Hardy is not ready just yet.
  • Chicagojk
Like Reply
Yeah I don’t think JAden is ready yet either. He didn’t get enough minutes. Next year he will have more opportunity.

I didn’t see his first foul on a three pointer. Saw the second. Just can’t happen. I was going to say prior to the second foul that he was really competing on defense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Watching the Hawks broadcast tonight, and I never thought I’d say this, but I kind of miss Harper. Obviously, Folowill is one of the best, but this entire broadcast team is just brutal. Even the sideline reporter sucks.
Like Reply
Kings up in Ny by 8 at half. Was more but the Knicks made a run late
Like Reply
Is anyone else concerned that the patented Maverick slow starts are starting to creep back into the mix?
Like Reply
At some point, the answer can’t be changing up the starting lineup. I feel like they have made that move about seven times this year.
Like Reply
(04-04-2024, 07:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Is anyone else concerned that the patented Maverick slow starts are starting to creep back into the mix?

Nah it’s scripted sometimes. Usually means we’ll get second half whistles. Trying to keep Hawks fans watching. That’s all.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Great hustle from Gafford and exceptional secondary break administration by PJ Washington.
Like Reply
And AGAIN!

I have no idea what PJ Washington haters are seeing. I think he is just what The Doctor ordered for this team.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • MFFL, The Jom
Like Reply
PJ Washington has assisted on the last three Mavericks baskets, and all three of them were more difficult than average passes.
Like Reply
Gafford having a monster game
Like Reply
Once you guys see him after a training camp with this team, you are all going to be grateful he is here. I wanted him here, and even I wasn’t prepared for the level of defense he could play. He is the best defender on the team, I think.
  • MFFL
Like Reply