Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 75: Dallas Mavericks (45-29) vs. Golden State Warriors (40-34)
Basically Andrew Wiggins is allowed to do whatever he wants to Luka. If the Mavs can find a way to adequately attack when Wiggins plays up, the Warriors defense will fall apart.

Last 3 possessions they've been good. THJ hitting that middy is promising. Kyrie hitting some HUGE shots so far.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, The Jom
Like Reply
Wiggins did a decent job on Luka when they played in the WCF.
Like Reply
And on cue another DJJ turnover. We miss Lively but also missing Green this game. Gonna have to lean on Exum if DJJ is unplayable tonight as our point of attack defender.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Mavs with a HUGE response before the half ends.

I love to see it. Exum has been huge.

Mavs have started to do a Luka/Kyrie PnR and the Warriors suffocate Luka gameplan with Wiggins is falling apart.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 5 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Smitty, The Jom
Like Reply
Warriors played incredibly well. Like everyone hit shots for them.

Mavs did not play well. Yet its tied. Hopefully Kidd figures out the adjustment to attack the Warriors hyper aggro D on Luka because if so then the Warriors are fucked.
Like Reply
Maxi has to play 18+ minutes in the second half. He’s defending everything, and giving us more space on offense
Like Reply
(04-02-2024, 10:05 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Mavs with a HUGE response before the half ends.

Mavs have started to do a Luka/Kyrie PnR and the Warriors suffocate Luka gameplan with Wiggins is falling apart.

I feel like they’ve been saving some of these actions for “playoff” games, of which this essentially qualifies.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(04-02-2024, 10:05 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Mavs with a HUGE response before the half ends.

Basically everyone played well.

Just not enough shots dropping and a few sloppy turnovers, but honestly, gotta credit GS for the latter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(04-02-2024, 10:07 PM)GATA Wrote: Maxi has to play 18+ minutes in the second half.  He’s defending everything, and giving us more space on offense

I'm actually wanting Kidd to try PJ at center this game just to see.

Luka/Kyrie/Exum/DJJ/PJ isn't a big lineup but is interesting to me. 

Maybe it plays into the Warriors small ball game plan, but PJ plays bigger than his size.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
Avoided Gaff picking up his third. But going small really seemed to help. Gonna be heavy doses of Exum and Maxi. Powell was not effective and continued his annoyed habit of missing fts. Been happening since game 1 and all season for him.
Like Reply
Mavs hit first 3 from deep (in first 2 minutes) and 4 of last 5 to close the gap. Falling behind was mostly about missing 9 of their 3s in a row and simultaneously going just 4/8 from the FT line.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(04-02-2024, 10:09 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'm actually wanting Kidd to try PJ at center this game just to see.

Luka/Kyrie/Exum/DJJ/PJ isn't a big lineup but is interesting to me. 

Maybe it plays into the Warriors small ball game plan, but PJ plays bigger than his size.

Agreed and Powell should not play unless it's to come in and foul someone. He's so bad on offense and defense. He doesn't even try to block shots. Anyone gets a layup around him.

Outstanding finish to the half!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(04-02-2024, 10:11 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Agreed and Powell should not play unless it's to come in and foul someone. He's so bad on offense and defense. He doesn't even try to block shots. Anyone gets a layup around him.

Outstanding finish to the half!

OH yeah!!!

Powell has been horrendous. I'm shocked at how bad he's looked. Literally useless on both ends. Missing Lively tonight is huge and I think we'd be up by 10+ if we had him this half.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
I would go with Hardy for meaningful minutes in the second half
[-] The following 1 user Likes GATA's post:
  • myconsumerclub
Like Reply
This TNT halftime b-team is actually pretty good. Whoever produces for that network really knows what they’re doing. ESPN is so, so bad in comparison.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(04-02-2024, 10:16 PM)The Jom Wrote: This TNT halftime b-team is actually pretty good. Whoever produces for that network really knows what they’re doing. ESPN is so, so bad in comparison.

I like three of them. I wish Shaq was getting phased out with the other 3 A-Teamers.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Lukedoncic, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Been really impressed with our halftime adjustments this season. Let’s see what they cook up.
[-] The following 2 users Like MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Great start to the half.

Even the shots Luka missed and the errant pass to Gafford, the ideas were there and were good. Gotta keep attacking the paint!
Like Reply
Great start to the second half. PJ and DJJ both helping on defense a ton. More energy. They were one bad Luka pass away from totally dominating that stretch.

Need to keep Golden State off of the offensive glass a little better this half.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Good call refs!!!
Like Reply