Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Game 74: Dallas Mavericks (44-29) vs. Houston Rockets (38-35)
Happy the Mavs didn’t pursue Dylan Brooks.
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(03-31-2024, 07:42 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: That was a horrible lineup to close the quarter. They should never play that again.

Playing Doncic, Kleber, Hardaway, Exum, & Hardy all at the same time is not smart basketball
[-] The following 2 users Like MFFL's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Kyrie is on FIRE!
Like Reply
Idiot lineup again!
Like Reply
luka didnt have to come back.. cmon now
Like Reply
Kidd experimenting with the “all-shooters” lineup.
Like Reply
Kleber needs to have a big with him, and I’ll count PJ and even DJJ in a pinch. But this lineup is so unathletic it’s getting destroyed. Even Powell as a second big would be better. SMH.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
Let’s take Luka out.
Like Reply
When the Mavs have really needed a bucket, it’s Kyrie taking the shot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Not sure what Landale did to Udoka, but that was really not nice putting him on the island against Luka and Kyrie Smile
Like Reply
(03-31-2024, 07:56 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Kleber needs to have a big with him, and I’ll count PJ and even DJJ in a pinch. But this lineup is so unathletic it’s getting destroyed.  Even Powell as a second big would be better. SMH.

Wasn't even Kleber fault for the most part. Kidd master class.

Exum/PJ/DJJ on the bench for the most part, and he plays legit more or less the worst defensive combos posssible that the roster has with Kleber.

Something like:

Luka - THJ - Hardy
Kyrie - THJ - Hardy
Luka - Kyrie - THJ - Hardy

like whats the goal there? I guess he was trying to give minutes to Tim and Hardy, since the game was more or less out of reach.

Tho lets find the worst 4 on defense to pair with Kleber? And double down on going even smaller? Rolleyes
[-] The following 2 users Like sefant's post:
  • mvossman, RGP1981
Like Reply
Missed it. Did we win? Big Grin Big Grin
Like Reply
Other than the Luka (and Kyrie) show, Mavs again with awesome defense, especially when one of Gafford or Lively was in. They really control the paint now
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
107 is about what we have averaged for several weeks or so. NY ORL and MIA are the only teams ahead of us over that period of time

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/defense?...03/07/2024&DateTo=03/31/2024&dir=A&sort=DEF_RATING
Like Reply
(03-31-2024, 08:25 PM)sefant Wrote: Wasn't even Kleber fault for the most part. Kidd master class.

Exum/PJ/DJJ on the bench for the most part, and he plays legit more or less the worst defensive combos posssible that the roster has with Kleber.

Something like:

Luka - THJ - Hardy
Kyrie - THJ - Hardy
Luka - Kyrie - THJ - Hardy

like whats the goal there? I guess he was trying to give minutes to Tim and Hardy, since the game was more or less out of reach.

Tho lets find the worst 4 on defense to pair with Kleber? And double down on going even smaller? Rolleyes

Part of it was that Lively was out for the rest of them game with injury (did not seem bad since he stayed on the bench) but Kidd did not give Maxi any help.  I'm not going to bitch too much when they up over 20, but it did not make a lot of sense regardless.
Like Reply
So many ways to win and pretty much unbeatable when the 3's are falling
I just hope Luka is limping around less when the playoffs start
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(03-31-2024, 08:46 PM)Jym Wrote: So many ways to win and pretty much unbeatable when the 3's are falling
I just hope Luka is limping around less when the playoffs start

Assuming they don't poop the bed over the last eight games, he can rest up his legs while the loser teams deal with the play-in.
Like Reply
Such a fun game to see! Guess I shouldn’t be surprised to come here and find complaints about the coach. But sheesh, what a great win against a team on an 11-game winning streak!

Scary to see Lively on the bench holding and then icing his knee. At least I think it was ice. Watched him limp off the court after the game too. Maybe just got it boinked hard? I dunno. Was hoping to find good news here.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 2 users Like The Jom's post:
  • MFFL, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Imagine Green returns fully healthy and he picks right back up shooting his 3's for 40% plus.
Like Reply
This was supposed to be a scary game so winning it convincingly does call for celebration. I hope the Dirkie posts are more enjoyable.
[-] The following 2 users Like Reunion Mav's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, The Jom
Like Reply