Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 73: Dallas Mavericks (43-29) vs. Sacramento Kings (42-30)
I predict a tough game. Hopefully the Mavs keep the winning streak going!
Like Reply
Must-win!
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth
Like Reply
Last game was a glorious Mavs game. Both coming off back to back. I believe sac was coming off 5 games in 7 days. No excuses but I believe Sacramento has been horrid on back to backs.

I expect a much better performance by them and sort of a caged animal approach. It will be Interesting to see how Dallas responds.
Like Reply
Dallas is the better team. Prove it again tonight!
[-] The following 4 users Like Smitty's post:
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth, Ghost of Podkolzin, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I hope Mavs repeat the good defense from the last game. If this happens, I am fine with whatever result as a lot will depend on how the shots will be dropping for both teams. I will be dissapointed if Mavs show anything less than their A-game.
Like Reply
They lose the H2H with a loss, 3-1. If they finish tied, the next tiebreaker is the best record within the conference. Currently, Dallas is 27-19, Sac is 27-18. Big game.
Like Reply
Grant Afseth (@GrantAfseth)
Dallas Mavericks superstar Luka Doncic (left Achilles soreness) is questionable to play against the Sacramento Kings on Friday.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Seems Luka always plays when questionable. Uh oh. Did I just jinx it?
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 10:30 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Grant Afseth (@GrantAfseth)
Dallas Mavericks superstar Luka Doncic (left Achilles soreness) is questionable to play against the Sacramento Kings on Friday.

It's a shame he has a nagging injury this late in the season. I guess that's the consequence of riding him so hard all year. They don't have more than a single day off between games the rest of the way so it wouldn't shock me if he has to sit a few games. Not sure how he's supposed to heal up otherwise.
Like Reply
Game is on dang NBA TV tonight. Ticks me off having paid for League Pass but then being forced to watch the home tv crew (typically)….

But….if watching the Sac-town broadcast team is the price i need to pay for a Mavs win….I’ll do it!!!
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 2 users Like OBX Maverick's post:
  • Lukedoncic, The Jom
Like Reply
I predict our team is going to continue on its win streak stretching it to 15 straight wins in the regular season and possibly longer into the play offs.

What we are doing is amazing especially in our most recent games against top rated teams.

Keeping my fingers crossed that we can get to the playoffs in perfect health and enjoy the rest from not being in the play in.

With attention spent on improving defense and our toughening up on that end of the court we are going to enjoy greater success.

Defense is the key to winning in the post season.

TONIGHT IS MUST WIN AND AN EARLY PLAYOFF GAME.

Gafford and Lively are taking the team to the finals with league leading FG% since the break at over 80% each and maybe we need them both playing at the same time to hammer that home with their great blocking and defense as well.

If Luka and Irving just keep on doing what they do and we get defensive support out of the rest of the team with Exum and Green maybe dropping in 3's at their usual 40% or better and maybe Kleber, THJ and Hardy just do it as well and step up at different times to add in some offensive fireworks just as PJ and DJJ hammer the other teams best scorers and make them underperform with some great D.

We got the greatest team we have had since we won the last ship this is the year we act like the champs and crush the competition without showing any mercy.

Bottomline! Everyone has to play lockdown defense better in the playoffs there is no taking off allowed so just start now and show us all that you can do it.

It is time to play and earn playoff minutes and get tuned up to perform at the highest level possible on every play and do it on both ends of the court.

No taking games off to rest anyone you need to win it all and not take any prisoners this is it we are at the end of the season now and it is time to show everyone what you are made of tonight.

Tonight is 1 of 10 in a row to send the NBA a message that the MAVS are the team you want to avoid playing if you want to go deep in the play offs.

FK DA SAC QUEENS
Like Reply
By the way the stats now show we have these guys hitting 3's at 40% or better

Dante Exum 50.6%
Josh Green 40.1%
Kyrie Irving 40.7%
AND
LUKA IS at 37.4% which is great considering all the end of quarter takes he has to throw up in hopes he hits a hail mary.
[-] The following 1 user Likes myconsumerclub's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 06:51 PM)myconsumerclub Wrote: By the way the stats now show we have these guys hitting 3's at 40% or better

Dante Exum 50.6%
Josh Green 40.1%
Kyrie Irving 40.7%
AND
LUKA IS at 37.4% which is great considering all the end of quarter takes he has to throw up in hopes he hits a hail mary.

Last year the league average was 37%.  For Luka to be there in the volume he scores and as you pointed out all those hail mary's, he doesn't have an offensive weakness.
Like Reply
(03-29-2024, 08:03 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: Last year the league average was 37%.  For Luka to be there in the volume he scores and as you pointed out all those hail mary's, he doesn't have an offensive weakness.

heck his FT shooting is getting up there to being very respectable now as well. I am thinking that this year may be one that the basketball Gods reward the mavericks in the playoffs.
Like Reply
so far nada to 7
4 to 9
Like Reply
Defense looks a**. I have looked at PJ´s 3pt heat map and he´s really not been good from the corners since his rookie season. He´s better from the top and the sides. Also don´t understand why he does not Gordon it, whenever he gets the ball swung to him, he basically has a free run at the rim all the time and he has the floater to stop his movement, if the helps arrives in time.
Like Reply
show some consistency, cmon guys
Like Reply
Early leads = fools’ gold. No fear.
[-] The following 2 users Like The Jom's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Lukedoncic
Like Reply
D has been weak, but c’mon….let’s hit some shots!!! PJ???
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
Like Reply
Neither of those whistles on Exum were fouls. Those calls will dry up.
Like Reply