Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 71: Dallas Mavericks (41-29) vs. Utah Jazz (29-42)
Start of an important 5 game road trip. This trip could secure us a spot OUT of the play-in or seal our fate. 

Go Mavs!
Like Reply
Kris Dunn is suspended for this game since he got in a fight with Jabari Smith Jr.

Link to fight: https://streamable.com/jtw32z

So far Clarkson, Lauri, and Sexton were questionable. Jazz are tanking hard to keep their pick this year. Hopefully we can have an easy game before facing the Kings.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-25-2024, 02:04 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Kris Dunn is suspended for this game since he got in a fight with Jabari Smith Jr.

Link to fight: https://streamable.com/jtw32z

So far Clarkson, Lauri, and Sexton were questionable. Jazz are tanking hard to keep their pick this year. Hopefully we can have an easy game before facing the Kings.

Lauri and Clarkson are both in tonight.  I saw on X that tonight will be the fourth game Lauri has played in March.  2 of those games will be against Dallas.

In other news, Wemby is out tonight against the Spurs and the Wizards have half their team out tonight against the Kings.
Like Reply
(03-25-2024, 02:07 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Lauri and Clarkson are both in tonight.  I saw on X that tonight will be the fourth game Lauri has played in March.  2 of those games will be against Dallas.

In other news, Wemby is out tonight against the Spurs and the Wizards have half their team out tonight against the Kings.

I've heard of teams doing pretty extreme stuff to tank, but that takes the cake.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(03-25-2024, 02:07 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Lauri and Clarkson are both in tonight.  I saw on X that tonight will be the fourth game Lauri has played in March.  2 of those games will be against Dallas.

Ooof. 

Welp this is the Jazz at their best. They're still out Collins though. 

I will say this sneakily helps the Mavs chances as it means Luka will come out more motivated to bury the Jazz. We got lucky last time with Lauri missing basically every single 3. 

On the brighter side, found this on twitter. Figured it'd be fun to use ourselves:
[Image: rxeo5ilpxiqc1.png]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-25-2024, 02:21 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I've heard of teams doing pretty extreme stuff to tank, but that takes the cake.

ha.  my bad.
Like Reply

Yeah this one isnt good either boss, since Kings face 76ers tonight.
License and registration please. Have you been drinking?
Like Reply
(03-25-2024, 06:29 PM)bodhisattva Wrote: Yeah this one isnt good either boss, since Kings face 76ers tonight.
License and registration please. Have you been drinking?

We're all a little drunk sometimes to be fair. 

I'd trust ChicagoJk behind the wheel though Big Grin
Like Reply
Mark Followill (@MFollowill)
Only injury question for the Mavs tonight was Maxi Kleber (questionable - R knee soreness). He will be available for Mavs at Jazz...Coverage underway with Mavs Live now...Game broadcast at 8 and tipoff officially 8:10 CDT on BSSW.
Like Reply
Pretty sloppy play so far
Like Reply
Trap game
Like Reply
Gafford has been a monster so far.
Like Reply
Luka looks disinterested again. Could be a long night.
Like Reply
Luka is ICE cold
Like Reply
There we go Timmy!!!!
Like Reply
These refs have been pretty freaking bad.

Timmy did not do anything there on Lauri
Like Reply
KYRIEEEE
Like Reply
Timmy is on one tonight

Unfortunate no one seems interested in playing defense besides Gafford
Like Reply
OH MY LORD GAFFORD HUGE BLOCK

THEN PJ WHAT A DUNK!!!!!!!!!!!
Like Reply
Mavs are playing so sloppy sheesh
Like Reply