Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 65: Dallas Mavericks (36-28) vs. Chicago Bulls (31-33)
(03-11-2024, 08:45 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Bringing Luka back here is risky. Wouldn’t do it.

wtf...i dont believe they would stoop to this level. Rick would not have allowed any of this shit.
Like Reply
Geez, guys, there’s 8 mins left and the Bulls are playing starters. It’s awful early to just roll out the deep bench. It’s not that bad.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Luka trying SO hard for this record

He definitely got hit there though
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Okay now it is just pathetic.
Like Reply
Clear foul on that three
[-] The following 1 user Likes GATA's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(03-11-2024, 08:44 PM)Smitty Wrote: You two can keep being negative. I’ll continue to be positive about both Bigs to offset it.

I'm not being negative at all. I've said plenty of positive stuff about Gafford. 

I just don't want to follow a team that's heading the opposite direction of how basketball is evolving. I don't think they need two of them, that's all. 

I also don't think they need Luka AND Shai Gilgeous Alexander. Doesn't mean I think anything negative about either of them. 

And for the record, I never asked you to do a damn thing. If you feel pressure to be negative, that's in your head. I think if you read the board over the course of a few years, you'll find that I'm one of the more positive people around and take lots of crap for it. I'm even positive about Powell and THJ, remember?

What a ridiculous insult to hurl at me. Not a shred of accuracy to it.
Like Reply
Am I the only one that wants a reporter to ask Luka about his blatant stat padding. Luka hates McMahon. He should just double down. Not like there are any bridges left to burn.
Like Reply
(03-11-2024, 08:58 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Am I the only one that wants a reporter to ask Luka about his blatant stat padding. Luka hates McMahon. He should just double down. Not like there are any bridges left to burn.

I think doing that might prompt Luka to go on a 26-6 run against that reporter.
Like Reply
Lively's defense was incredible tonight
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-11-2024, 08:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm not being negative at all. I've said plenty of positive stuff about Gafford. 

I just don't want to follow a team that's heading the opposite direction of how basketball is evolving. I don't think they need two of them, that's all. 

I also don't think they need Luka AND Shai Gilgeous Alexander. Doesn't mean I think anything negative about either of them. 

And for the record, I never asked you to do a damn thing. If you feel pressure to be negative, that's in your head. I think if you read the board over the course of a few years, you'll find that I'm one of the more positive people around and take lots of crap for it. I'm even positive about Powell and THJ, remember?

Don't get too high. Don't get too low. Watching this board hype and trash the same player within a short timespan I like to stay within myself even if people don't want to hear criticism of the new shinny toy or a player on a hot streak.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Luka could have created some good will nationally by sitting himself down. Lord knows Kidd isn’t gonna do anything without asking permission.

I’m sure Luka DGAF but this will be a day of Luka talking points pretending he’s all empty stats.
Like Reply
Powell is going to kill our center shooting percentage.
Like Reply
Hardy is a monster scorer still
Like Reply
how different is it really to Westbrook stat hunting that last assist? that video where he kept on passing up open shots and kept passing to teammates (remember Steven adams was there) and they were not shooting it?

that was embarrassing, this is not far behind.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
I think yall are blowing this outta proportion. Luka went to extend the streak cause he could. He tried for it. Whatever.

I'm more interested on focusing on the win streak that is now at 3 and the Mavs center position that absolutely dominated every which way tonight.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL, omahen, soog, The Jom
Like Reply
(03-11-2024, 08:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm not being negative at all. I've said plenty of positive stuff about Gafford. 

It’s not personal or an insult? You yourself said you would try to be less negative about Gafford in the game chat the previous game or two. You continue to talk about it any time I post something positive about it and bring dirkfan into it.

I posted the first half stats of the 2 centers. You replied to me “To dirkfan's point...against the most extinct front court in the league, right?” I then pointed out that CHI gives up the least amount of points in the paint emphasizing how it’s even more significant what they’re doing. And you brought up the bulls record as some kind of counterpoint, which has nothing to do with what the Mavs are doing to the Bulls tonight.
Like Reply
No beef at all with Luka shooting. We are up 30 at the start of the fourth quarter. Guy has 14 dimes, almost half of them three quarter court passes with 22 seconds on the shot clock
[-] The following 1 user Likes GATA's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(03-11-2024, 09:04 PM)Smitty Wrote: It’s not personal or an insult? You yourself said you would try to be less negative about Gafford in the game chat the previous game or two. You continue to talk about it any time I post something positive about it and bring dirkfan into it.

I posted the first half stats of the 2 centers. You replied to me “To dirkfan's point...against the most extinct front court in the league, right?” I then pointed out that CHI gives up the least amount of points in the paint emphasizing how it’s even more significant what they’re doing. And you brought up the bulls record as some kind of counterpoint, which has nothing to do with what the Mavs are doing to the Bulls tonight.

Against the team that ranks last in the league defending the roll man. With Luka spamming pick and roll all game long. If you don't want to see my posts just put me on ignore.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-11-2024, 09:09 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Against the team that ranks last in the league defending the roll man. With Luka spamming pick and roll all game long. If you don't want to see my posts just put me on ignore.

I haven’t said anything to you… KL brought you up. I ended our conversation respectfully the other day so there’s no need for anyone to ignore anyone.
Like Reply
(03-11-2024, 09:04 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I think yall are blowing this outta proportion. Luka went to extend the streak cause he could. He tried for it. Whatever.

I'm more interested on focusing on the win streak that is now at 3 and the Mavs center position that absolutely dominated every which way tonight.

Exactly, thank you. Mavs basically blew out Bulls in the first quarter and we have 2 pages of complaining because they (or him, however you want it) want(s) to have some fun. Basically the only interesting thing left if he would get that 30 points...
Like Reply