Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 64: Dallas Mavericks (35-28) vs. Detroit Pistons (10-52)
THJ making his threes on assisted shots within the flow of the offense. Not that hero ball garbage where anywhere on the floor is a good shot to him
[-] The following 2 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(03-09-2024, 08:53 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: THJ making his threes on assisted shots within the flow of the offense. Not that hero ball garbage where anywhere on the floor is a good shot to him

I agree, but to be fair, it's a chicken/egg thing. The ball is moving much better tonight, from what I've seen. 

Imagine being him when the ball is NOT moving. I know we all think he should just not put up shots if they aren't found within a good flow, but the reality is that the team expects him to get a certain number of shots up. You don't have to like that, but that's plain to see.
Like Reply
This pistons team suck. They shouldn’t be this bad though. Very poor coached team with a ton of youngsters. I actually really liked Monty in the past. May have been wrong. Pistons fans must feel depressed that Dallas has the better coached team
Like Reply
That's game! Rest the starters and get Hardy in the game. It's his hometown
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-09-2024, 08:56 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: That's game! Rest the starters and get Hardy in the game. It's his hometown

Is O-Max on the bench tonight, or with the G-League? I want to see him, since he has been on shooting heater, lately.

Green fell asleep and lost his man twice on the same possession. Pistons still didn't convert.

I just wish the Mavs would move the ball against GOOD defenses, not just the sad, discombobulated ones.

GREAT pass by Green, Hardaway should've finished stronger.
Like Reply
I sort of like the rotation tonight. Like Exum as the stabilizer. Green gets minutes if he is productive and Hardaway is the wild card
Like Reply
(03-09-2024, 09:01 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I sort of like the rotation tonight.  Like Exum as the stabilizer.  Green gets minutes if he is productive and Hardaway is the wild card

The THREE of them make for a great 2/3 rotation, if/when they're all playing well. Not good, GREAT. Whichever of them you rank 3rd is overqualified for that role.
Like Reply
100% of the Mavs' problems, at this point, are coaching, imho.

I personally loathe the X's and O's that Kidd brings to the table, but even if that doesn't bother some, the point of a coach like HIM is supposed to be that he gets the team to play hard. Starting from the top of the roster and going down, that's FREQUENTLY not the case.

For me, PJ Washington (and a healthy Exum and Kleber) was the piece that was missing. They have loads of versatile options now, and are more athletic (in usable packages, not guys like Gerald Green) than they have EVER been since I've been a fan of the team.

They need to fix coaching before making any more major roster moves, imo.

That was BS from Duren. Good for PJ, sticking up for his teammate. I think he could've gone at Daren a little harder, even.

The foul wasn't as bad as I initially thought, but neither was Washington's initial shove. Duren WAY overreacted.
Like Reply
No one jumping in the stands? Detroit isn't what it used to be.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Chicagojk, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(03-09-2024, 09:08 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: No one jumping in the stands? Detroit isn't what it used to be.

Another situation diminished by the absence of the great Rick Carlisle. Even when it comes to in-game brawls, he's a genius coach.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, SkenfromLMF
Like Reply
PJ doesn't want any part of Duren. It wasn't that bad of a play to be honest.
Like Reply
Yeah Duren deserved to be ejected. The little two by Pj to get to Gafford who got foul hard should not led to Duren pushing Pj like that. You can’t do that.

Let’s get Luka out of the game now
Like Reply
I'll probably always be a Hardaway defender, but he has had several plays tonight that would've gone better if he had been stronger with the ball. A little too soft for me tonight.
Like Reply
Damn Kidd, put Hardy in. I'm sure he has family at the game.
Like Reply
(03-09-2024, 09:16 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Damn Kidd,  put Hardy in. I'm sure he has family at the game.

And O-Max!!!!! He's got family watching the game (me).

Say what you want about Green, but he can move the ball in transition.

...and, he can pass up wide open threes and make them end up as turnovers.
Like Reply
I wish I could type (with a straight face) that Luka didn't want to stay in this game to get that triple double, or that Kidd wouldn't allow such silliness, but we all know that's what he/they are focused on, which is becoming increasingly alarming for me.
Like Reply
(03-09-2024, 09:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I wish I could type (with a straight face) that Luka didn't want to stay in this game to get that triple double, or that Kidd wouldn't allow such silliness, but we all know that's what he/they are focused on, which is becoming increasingly alarming for me.

I guess it's worth getting him the record - didn't realize that when I typed the above. 

I still think he needs to come off of the stats crusade a bit. They're not going to give him the MVP until the team starts to win, no matter what his numbers are, so it would behoove him to grow past the Allen Iverson stat chasing, in my humble opinion.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(03-09-2024, 09:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I wish I could type (with a straight face) that Luka didn't want to stay in this game to get that triple double, or that Kidd wouldn't allow such silliness, but we all know that's what he/they are focused on, which is becoming increasingly alarming for me.

It was for a record. Not a big deal tbh. Normally Kidd pulls him 1 short.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-09-2024, 09:25 PM)Smitty Wrote: It was for a record. Not a big deal tbh. Normally Kidd pulls him 1 short.

Yeah, makes more sense with the record. My bad.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(03-09-2024, 02:52 PM)Smitty Wrote: Get right game for Tim! Mavs win by double digits.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply