Poll: Who played above expectations and/or contributed most to the win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
P.J. Washington: 8rbd, 1ast, 1stl, 1blk, 10pts
0%
0 0%
Gaffford: 7rbd, 1stl, 1blk, 12pts
0%
0 0%
Kyrie: 4rbd, 4ast, 1stl, 1blk, 23pts
0%
0 0%
Luka: 11rbd, 11ast, 1stl, 35pts
57.89%
11 57.89%
THJ: 1rbd, 1ast, 11pts
0%
0 0%
Lively: 2rbd, 1ast, 4pts
0%
0 0%
Exum: 4rbd, 5ast, 13pts
42.11%
8 42.11%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 63 Dirkie Thread: Luka!...by a nose.
I can't believe I just lost all my fine pearls of wisdom! Shucks!

Not going to do it all over again.

I'm giving my Dirkie to Exum...not to slight Luka in the slightest...
Like Reply
As much as I didn’t really like some parts of his game tonight, there were moments when Miami would have pulled away for good had Luka not gone into God mode and made crazy, contested step back threes.

The plus/minus says that Lively and Kleber would also be good choices, but I just can’t take it away from Luka tonight. There was a stretch where Spoelstra tried to end the game by guarding Luka one on one with Jimmy Butler, and while I bet that is a good strategy for the heat against many teams it did not go well tonight.
Like Reply
(03-07-2024, 10:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: As much as I didn’t really like some parts of his game tonight, there were moments when Miami would have pulled away for good had Luka not gone into God mode and made crazy, contested step back threes.

The plus/minus says that Lively and Kleber would also be good choices, but I just can’t take it away from Luka tonight. There was a stretch where Spoelstra tried to end the game by guarding Luka one on one with Jimmy Butler, and while I bet that is a good strategy for the heat against many teams it did not go well tonight.

Gotta say, that makes me excited to watch the replay. Missed the live action.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(03-07-2024, 10:48 PM)The Jom Wrote: Gotta say, that makes me excited to watch the replay. Missed the live action.

There was definitely a chunk of the second half, about halfway through the third quarter, I think, but maybe not, wherein the Mavericks were not playing well enough to win, but Luka just started hitting crazy shots.
Like Reply
I give the Dirkie to Kidd. He finally did what I’ve been asking for. Bench Tim in the 4th. The move to play Exum over THJ was what won it in the end.

The starting lineup change wasn’t great but we knew he was going to try something different to find a spark.

Also, Grant Afseth just reported that Exum is past his minutes restriction period, so hopefully we see more of that in the immediate future.

Luka wasn’t great in the first half, by his standards, otherwise he’d get my vote.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Good to see Exum back and playing like Exum again, but this is Luka
Like Reply
Voted Luka because I’m just not sure how many more times we’ll get to award a Dirkie this season and he just set an NBA record. I thought Exum should start but mostly he just needs to finish. It doesn’t really matter if he starts.
[-] The following 3 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • MFFL, Scott41theMavs, Smitty
Like Reply
+16 in 17 minutes? That’s exactly what it looked like to me every time the Exumcutioner entered the game. Dante for Dirkie.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply