Poll: Who will win the game? (Bucks 11.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
40.00%
4 40.00%
Bucks
60.00%
6 60.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 26: DAL (18-8) @ MIL (24-4) | 120-116 win
[Image: A5-A518-AB-22-D8-4079-8071-939725819-E73.jpg]

This is the difference in the game....of course, Giannis ended with 48, but Kroger was the next highest scorer at 17 points...that doesn’t change.  The Mavs have lots of guys that can do a little.   Many hands make light work.

Under the radar most important play:  Porzingas last block.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
So you think Buck fans are mad at their coach for sitting Giannis.  Bucks made some stupid mistakes as well.
Like Reply
i must say though, team did good against a rough crowd. Milwaukee was loud.... boos, cheers, very involved
Like Reply
(12-16-2019, 10:45 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 10:43 PM)mtrot Wrote: Rick tried to piss the game away down the stretch with this strategy of letting Giannis go full court in 4 seconds for uncontested dunks, but the Mavs eked out the win anyway.

When you crap out diarrhea like this, you lose all right to request crow-eating and apologies from me, thank you very much. I'll eat crow in general, but not for you, buck-o.
I knew you'd say that.   But what about my point?  Can you explain to me the strategy of not fouling Giannis out on the floor and force him to make free throws rather than a four second full court dunk?  Serious question.  I don't get it. I would have fouled him every time down the stretch, as he's a 57% free throw shooter.  If you let him run the court, it's a 100% chance he get two points.
Like Reply
(12-16-2019, 10:47 PM)Hypermav Wrote: So you think Buck fans are mad at their coach for sitting Giannis.  Bucks made some stupid mistakes as well.

Bud sitting Giannis was the ONLY reason the Bucks got back into it, because....and it was soooooo obvious...the Mavs went into coast mode, got out of sync, and were able to sneak back, and get ,omentum before the Mavs realized it.

Facts are they need to shut up, because that was genius.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(12-16-2019, 10:49 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 10:43 PM)mtrot Wrote: Rick tried to piss the game away down the stretch with this strategy of letting Giannis go full court in 4 seconds for uncontested dunks, but the Mavs eked out the win anyway.

When you crap out diarrhea like this, you lose all right to request crow-eating and apologies from me, thank you very much. I'll eat crow in general, but not for you, buck-o.
I knew you'd say that.   But what about my point?  Can you explain to me the strategy of not fouling Giannis out on the floor and force him to make free throws rather than a four second full court dunk?  Serious question.  I don't get it. I would have fouled him every time down the stretch, as he's a 57% free throw shooter.  If you let him run the court, it's a 100% chance he get two points.
You can't foul him without the ball in in the last 2 minutes, and by the time he was getting the ball he had a head of steam and was 2 steps from a layup.  He's just too fucking good and there is no good strategy against him.
Like Reply
(12-16-2019, 10:50 PM)TXBamanut Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 10:47 PM)Hypermav Wrote: So you think Buck fans are mad at their coach for sitting Giannis.  Bucks made some stupid mistakes as well.

Bud sitting Giannis was the ONLY reason the Bucks got back into it, because....and it was soooooo obvious...the Mavs went into coast mode, got out of sync, and were able to sneak back, and get ,omentum before the Mavs realized it.

Facts are they need to shut up, because that was genius.

Yeah it was a tactical and psychological decision. Pretend to give up and load the court with three point shooters that can score points quickly. It doesn´t work, nobody cares. It does, you are a genius.
Like Reply

I knew you'd say that. But what about my point? Can you explain to me the strategy of not fouling Giannis out on the floor and force him to make free throws rather than a four second full court dunk? Serious question. I don't get it. I would have fouled him every time down the stretch, as he's a 57% free throw shooter. If you let him run the court, it's a 100% chance he get two points.

True, true, true. But your comment - not to mention several from other posters which were a lot more incendiary - ring pretty whacky after what happened the rest of the game.

It strikes me that when your generational player can't play, your other past All-Star is recovering from a long-term injury, and the entire rest of your roster consists of players who would not start for any other contender or pretender in the NBA, and you come close to (a and of course ultimately pull off) ending the 18-game winning streak of one of the league's 2 best teams, that might have a little bit to do with your coach. As in, in literal terms, nearly everything to do with your coach.
Like Reply
Bottom line:

Mavs ended the Bucks 18 game winning streak on the road in first game after losing their star.

Regardless how - they did it and that is huge.
Like Reply
(12-16-2019, 10:58 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:

I knew you'd say that.  But what about my point?  Can you explain to me the strategy of not fouling Giannis out on the floor and force him to make free throws rather than a four second full court dunk?  Serious question.  I don't get it. I would have fouled him every time down the stretch, as he's a 57% free throw shooter.  If you let him run the court, it's a 100% chance he get two points.

True, true, true. But your comment - not to mention several from other posters which were a lot more incendiary - ring pretty whacky after what happened the rest of the game.

It strikes me that when your generational player can't play, your other past All-Star is recovering from a long-term injury, and the entire rest of your roster consists of players who would not start for any other contender or pretender in the NBA, and you come close to (a and of course ultimately pull off) ending the 18-game winning streak of one of the league's 2 best teams, that might have a little bit to do with your coach. As in, in literal terms, nearly everything to do with your coach.
Preach...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Learning by doing, gentlemen. That crunch time experience will prove to be very valuable come playoff time.
Like Reply

I knew you'd say that.  But what about my point?  Can you explain to me the strategy of not fouling Giannis out on the floor and force him to make free throws rather than a four second full court dunk?  Serious question.  I don't get it. I would have fouled him every time down the stretch, as he's a 57% free throw shooter.  If you let him run the court, it's a 100% chance he get two points.

I feel like you don't give our guys enough credit, and possibly give Luka too much credit.  I think Seth, Wright, THJ, and Maxi could start for another team.  Also, I love Luka, but I also think the Mavs often become too Luka-centric, and that he sometimes scores a lot, but at the same time makes it easier to beat us.  Case in point, Giannis scores 48 tonight, but still loses.  This is a team sport.
Like Reply
(12-16-2019, 10:49 PM)mtrot Wrote: If you let him run the court, it's a 100% chance he get two points.

This isn't true. He doesn't shoot 100%. You just play defense the way you did the rest of the game instead of coasting. If you foul every time you stop the clock. No one would do that. The problem is that the Mavs thought the game was over. The non-Luka lineups are going to have to learn how to close games like the Luka lineups had to learn the same thing about 20 games ago.

(12-16-2019, 11:10 PM)mtrot Wrote: I feel like you don't give our guys enough credit,

Completely agree with this!
Like Reply
(12-16-2019, 11:18 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 10:49 PM)mtrot Wrote: If you let him run the court, it's a 100% chance he get two points.

This isn't true. He doesn't shoot 100%. You just play defense the way you did the rest of the game  instead of coasting. If you foul every time you stop the clock. No one would do that. The problem is that the Mavs thought the game was over. The non-Luka lineups are going to have to learn how to close games like the Luka lineups had to learn the same thing about 20 games ago.
Well, I agree generally with what you say.  But the Mavs weren't even trying to defend Giannis at all, so he was indeed going to shoot 100% like that because he was just running down and dunking it.  My thought was that if you are just going to let him do that, why not make him make FTs?  I'm probably wrong, but I just couldn't get why they kept letting him do that.
Like Reply
If anyone is qiestioning what the point is of bringing in Iggy, watch Justin Jackson clank two critical freethrows and look like a deer in headlights on defense with the game on the line  against a legit contender on the road and tell me youre ready to roll with that in the playoffs.

Still tho, great win.  KP looks like a legit All Star caliber player again. Glad we werent the ones who gave Middleton a max contract this summer
Like Reply
(12-16-2019, 11:23 PM)mtrot Wrote: But the Mavs weren't even trying to defend Giannis at all, so he was indeed going to shoot 100% like that because he was just running down and dunking it. 

That's the problem. They stopped defending and started trying to let the clock run out. Can't do that.
Like Reply
(12-16-2019, 11:10 PM)mtrot Wrote:

I knew you'd say that. But what about my point? Can you explain to me the strategy of not fouling Giannis out on the floor and force him to make free throws rather than a four second full court dunk? Serious question. I don't get it. I would have fouled him every time down the stretch, as he's a 57% free throw shooter. If you let him run the court, it's a 100% chance he get two points.

I feel like you don't give our guys enough credit, and possibly give Luka too much credit. I think Seth, Wright, THJ, and Maxi could start for another team. Also, I love Luka, but I also think the Mavs often become too Luka-centric, and that he sometimes scores a lot, but at the same time makes it easier to beat us. Case in point, Giannis scores 48 tonight, but still loses. This is a team sport.

Seth, Wright, THJ, and Maxi. Let's break that down. Seth - yes, Seth could start reasonably for contending/pretending team, but, even though I love Seth, it would only be effective if he were the fifth-best starter. And he doesn't start for this team. Wright - he absolutely has the talent to start for a contender/pretender, but not the experience and confidence. I expect him to grow into that guy. But it has been decided that he plays best for this team, now, off the bench. Maxi - I absolutely believe Maxi should start over Powell, and I very much appreciate him as a Mav, but I also think he isn't a long-term answer in the starting lineup for any contender/pretender, including the Mavs. THJ - ah, finally, here we are at a player who starts. He's paid like the third-best player on a contender/pretender, but 1) didn't work at all as a sixth man for us, and 2) is a lotta-sometimes-3/little-D guy who would be the fifth-best starter ideally for the Mavs, except we play two scrubs (hard-working, lovable scrubs, but scrubs, guys who should be COMING OFF THE BENCH AND YES I'M YELLING) in the starting lineup. Edit: I firmly believe that THJ is a problem in the starting lineup for nearly any other contender/pretender.

Once again, only one of the four guys you listed starts for us. Think about that. I like DFS the best of our three undesirable starters - by far, really - but while I want to see THJ and Powell and their contracts gone, I would want to retain DFS, but coming off the bench. I stick with what I said. I love many of our boys in blue - Luka, KP, Wright, Curry, DFS, Maxi, Bobi, JJB, and Reaves as a prospect are dear to my heart (Brunson has a lot to like about him, but I see a bone-headed selfishness in the clutch that doesn't fit with the rest of his character and doesn't sit well with me at all, while Justin is just plain in my doghouse lately - find your game, young man). But I wasn't selling this team short. Perhaps KP, who had a great game. Already liked Wright and Curry, but they aren't starting for us now.
Like Reply
I mean ... am I the only one who saw Maxi foul out by hip checking Giannis to the ground and Giannis make a circus shot while falling for the and-1?
Like Reply
(12-16-2019, 11:18 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 11:10 PM)mtrot Wrote: I feel like you don't give our guys enough credit,

Completely agree with this!

As I detailed in my long response to him. Nope. I did in fact give them as much credit as they deserved with the characterization I made.
Like Reply
Still cant believe the MBT got a 7'3" 23 year old who does this for Dennis Smith Jr, some expirings vets and a couple of future 1sts.

[Image: EL9k3-PWk-AEP8z-K.jpg]
Like Reply