Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 62: Indiana Pacers (34-28) vs. Dallas Mavericks (34-27)
(03-05-2024, 09:41 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Maybe he should be.

No
Like Reply
(03-05-2024, 09:43 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: No

I don’t know man… Switching with Kleber is working much better than drop coverage with Gafford. I’d be tempted to find ways to play like that for a larger portion of the game, myself.

Powell is also probably their best center when it comes to transition defense, because he is the one who actually plays hard all of the time.
Like Reply
(03-05-2024, 09:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sure, but they move the ball, they have systems on both ends. He’s a professional, and there are so many indications of his superiority relative to Kidd. It’s honestly not even an interesting comparison.

I agree that Rick is a better coach than Kidd. It’s just funny that we call out Kidd for his poor defense and not Rick is all.

Pacers are a tough matchup for the Mavs no doubt. It’ll be a nice win if they can pull it off. Need the Mavs to do what they normally do in 3rd quarters and hope Luka/Kai can go to that special place in the 4th.

https://x.com/mavsfilmroom/status/176520...23546?s=46&t=4w35gotNXtBJnqxbaL7e9w

I guess it wasn’t just me.. others see the same thing from Maxi lately.
Like Reply
Luka only getting 2 free throws with as much contact as he’s drawing is criminal.
Like Reply
At least Tim has only played 7 minutes.

I wish we would just switch everything defensively and stop helping. Live with the 1v1 mismatch if there is one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(03-05-2024, 09:47 PM)Smitty Wrote:
https://x.com/mavsfilmroom/status/176520...23546?s=46&t=4w35gotNXtBJnqxbaL7e9w

I guess it wasn’t just me.. others see the same thing from Maxi lately.

Maybe, but whether he is playing his best or not, he is clearly the best center on the roster and it’s not close. Night and day difference. People watching this team and arguing that Kleber is the problem might need to pick a new sport to follow.

If he’s slowing down, that argues for not giving him a single minute at the 4 so none of his energy is wasted.

How’d they not score in that situation?
Like Reply
Kyrie with two awful decisions and Green got fouled
Like Reply
Not a great start.

Not everything is the coach’s fault… For example, I can’t quite tell if this team would be lazy with another coach or not. All I know is that they are lazy with this coach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
The refs are definitely cheating tonight and they're not even trying to hide it
[-] The following 2 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • rocky164, The Jom
Like Reply
In my opinion, anyone called “a players’ coach” should not be considered for employment. It lowers your ceiling significantly.

Good defense from Green, no box out from anyone
Like Reply
Refs giving Green no calls at all...wouldn't be surprised to see this be a Flagrant 2 too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Blowout. Season may be over.
Like Reply
I just can't watch this anymore.
Like Reply
(03-05-2024, 10:12 PM)GATA Wrote: Blowout.  Season may be over.

I hate to be like this, but I kind of hope it is. I’ve just reached my wits end with Jason Kidd.

I tried to come into the season with an open mind about him, and I really like some of what the front office is doing lately, but there is just no one holding this team accountable, and that includes the stars.

And look, feel free to flame me for this everyone, but if Luka really is the reason they can’t have a real coach here (I’m not convinced of that, I think it’s just group think) then he can move on whenever he wants.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, LifeAquatic, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
What soccer team did Kammrath switch to?
I might need to look them up
[-] The following 2 users Like Jym's post:
  • KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Time for a new coach
[-] The following 3 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • BigDirk41, LifeAquatic, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
This team is just so poorly coached and cannot play defense for anything. This is hard to even watch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • LifeAquatic
Like Reply
(03-05-2024, 09:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Not a great start.

Not everything is the coach’s fault… For example, I can’t quite tell if this team would be lazy with another coach or not. All I know is that they are lazy with this coach.

This

Although the most important/senior players aren’t exactly known for their hustle.  People talk about Heat culture. Mavs culture is exact opposite. Keeping everyone happy is more important than accountability. Quite similar to the Cowboys.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Baffles me we can’t get Hardy in the game
Like Reply
Luka probably tired from having to play 2 straight quarters...if only he had a coach that could devise a decent system without relying on him being the actual system itself
Like Reply