Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Game 57: Dallas Mavericks (33-23) vs. Indiana Pacers (32-25)
well PJ gets the Georgie tonight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
The Mavs are tanking this game on purpose. Just dumb play after dumb play
Like Reply
It’s been like watching a schoolyard team against a team that has an idea of what it’s trying to do,
Like Reply
(02-25-2024, 07:04 PM)juanc Wrote: The Mavs are tanking this game on purpose. Just dumb play after dumb play

Indy hitting tough shot after tough shot. Dallas just not quite.
Like Reply
No reason for the starters to still be in there...for a team that needs to stay healthy you can't risk any additional wear and tear when the game is clearly out of reach
Like Reply
PJ Washington is not a winning player. Should not be starting
Like Reply
I also have to give credit to Indy for an outstanding defensive plan. Stayed home against Luka. Never let the big guys roll for alley-oops. Did a nice job contesting threes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
This was as close to must win as it gets without actually being must win. A 2-2 road trip is necessary for the Mavs to reach their goals. Not a good way to start with a game with no structure or scheme at all. Just a lot of one on one play and no defense. THJ needs to sit. Give someone else a chance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Skipped around the game but don’t like seeing Lively with so little minutes. Was he bad in the third? He is our future. Give him a long leash.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Watching the game it seems like Indy couldn't miss a shot. Than I look at the stats and Indy is 38 % at the time I am writing this and Mavs are over 45 %. 15 turnovers by Dallas, 11 of them coming from non Luka/Kyrie guys, which is inexcusable based on how little they have to do. THJ has been absolutely horrible.
Like Reply
(02-25-2024, 07:09 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: I also have to give credit to Indy for an outstanding defensive plan. Stayed home against Luka. Never let the big guys roll for alley-oops. Did a nice job contesting threes.

Whenever Luka picked up his dribble, he struggled to find someone open. Seems like he was rarely doubled, but when he was, didn’t convert to easy buckets.

Also seemed like his little pump-fake was ineffective. Most of his shots were tough and contested.
Like Reply
Gafford -23 in 19 minutes 
Kleber -9 in 25 minutes
Lively +9 in 14 minutes
Like Reply
PJW needs a little work with Shammgod on the handles but he'll be fine.
Like Reply
Well Dallas got their beat down on an early Sunday game like OKC did against Dallas. Since then OKC has not lost. Let’s see how Dallas responds. OKC is the better team and Dallas has a rough schedule but hopefully they come out better their next few game.

Lively needs more minutes, Tim less and PJ needs to get going. His offense has been pretty bad and his turnovers tonight were really careless
Like Reply
I think PJ will thrive here, but he looked like he didn't care today. I didn't like his effort or body language today. Hopefully he corrects that.
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • Radical Mavs, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
You know RC is quite satisfied beating his old team.
Like Reply
(02-25-2024, 07:20 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Well Dallas got their beat down on an early Sunday game like OKC did against Dallas.  Since then OKC has not lost.  Let’s see how Dallas responds.  OKC is the better team and Dallas has a rough schedule but hopefully they come out better their next few game.

Lively needs more minutes, Tim less and PJ needs to get going.  His offense has been pretty bad and his turnovers tonight were really careless

They've got Cleveland next, then Toronto, and Boston I believe. Mitchell has been out, and they've dropped a couple, but I'm sure he'll be back. Two tough games and a pick em.
Like Reply
This version of THJ is really damaging. The only chance for "the other guys" to get serious touches is when one of Luka or Kyrie sits. But then THJ comes in and takes most of the shots while converting at a very bad rate. Not to mention his "defense".

Phoenix won and NO has Chicago at home

(02-25-2024, 07:28 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: They've got Cleveland next, then Boston I believe. Mitchell has been out, and they've dropped a couple, but I'm sure he'll be back. Two tough games.

Mitchel is playing tonight. Next game after Cleveland is Toronto B2B. Than Boston
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Exum can't be back soon enough. Hopefully he's taking all of THJ's minutes before long.
[-] The following 2 users Like loki's post:
  • BigDirk41, omahen
Like Reply
One more thing, that a reason we lost but let’s be careful with the maxi at center thing. He may very well close important games at center. He has had a good stretch. But his role needs to be mostly PF, I believe. Dallas front office (with the coach influence) have a lot invested in two centers (lottery pick and a future pick swap). Lively deserves a lot of room and Gafford needs at least
20 minutes. Maxi could see minutes at center but the organization made a big decision that they want to be biggger. Can’t fall in love overplaying the maxi at center.
Like Reply