Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
73.33%
11 73.33%
Heat
26.67%
4 26.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 25: MIA (19-7) @ DAL (17-8) | 118-122 OT loss
01:36
DAL
Kristaps Porzingis
DAL - Porzingis Turnaround Fadeaway shot: Missed Block: Adebayo (2 BLK)
Like Reply
(12-14-2019, 11:32 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 11:27 PM)mtrot Wrote: For those putting this on Brunson for driving too much, in fairness to him, he's expecting other Mavs to move without the ball and give him a target.  Nobody drives so as to help him.  This is my biggest criticism about the Mavs, i.e., lack of aggressive movement without the ball.

That's just the wrong approach. If Brunson wants to drive and find the open cutter then fine, thats a good idea in theory, but he ALWAYS picks up his dribble when he gets in the lane which is a death sentence. The reason why Nash was so lethal is that he never picked up his dribble and he had the defense on a yo-yo. 

Brunson unfortunately just runs in with a full head of steam, stops and has the entire Miami Heat collapse on him, giving him no open passing lanes. Regardless of who cuts there's no way 6'2 Brunson is seeing over Bam, Butler, Jones Jr. and Nunn. 

Furthermore, Brunson in OT barely looked to pass off his drives. He was more concerned looking for his own shot, thinking the refs would bail him out. He definitely got hit on some of his drives, but we saw time and again they weren't going to give him the call, and instead of adapting and making a smarter play Brunson just brute forces his way in there and throws away the Mavs hopes.

I wish Carlisle just put in Seth for Brunson and had the offense run through him. I had no idea why Delon wasn't there either, his heady plays might've made the outcome different in OT.

Seth can´t run an offense either.

We just showcase Brunson now, to emphasize that he´s a 1st round talent to a PG-less franchise like Minnesota, Washington or New York. Angel

Seriously Minnesota has Wiggins, Covington, Culver, Okogie, Layman and KBD for the 2/3, yet their PG rotation is Jeff Teague and Shabazz Napier. LOL.
Like Reply
(12-14-2019, 11:38 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Seth can´t run an offense either.

We just showcase Brunson now, to emphasize that he´s a 1st round talent to a PG-less franchise like Minnesota, Washington or New York. Angel

Seriously Minnesota has Wiggins, Covington, Culver, Okogie, Layman and KBD for the 2/3, yet their PG rotation is Jeff Teague and Shabazz Napier. LOL.

Seth played combo guard/PG for the Mavs in 2016 with great success. In fact his best year as a pro. He could've easily played PG for 3 minutes in the closing stretch of the game.

And there's no way the Mavs trade Brunson, unless its for a serious 3rd star game changer. RoCo, as much as I would like him, isn't it.

Funnily enough its a game like tonight where having CP3 would've won us the game.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-14-2019, 11:29 PM)Flipper Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 11:26 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 11:24 PM)Flipper Wrote: but I do appreciate the fight the team should sans Luka.

This 100%. Mavs absolutely fought back and played amazing. It's unfortunate Brunson took a page out of Barea's book at called his own number time and again and came up short time and again.

Why didn't KP get any looks in final possessions is baffling. Why THJ only got 1 look in the last 6 minutes of the game is even more puzzling. 

I hope Luka is okay. I cannot stand seeing Brunson get more than 20 minutes.
I really like Brunson and overall he had a pretty good game. I just didn’t like his decision making on some of those final possessions. I don’t know if he felt like he needed to take over because Luka was out or what.
I think he´s overpressing a bit, cause he wants to show he deserves more minutes. He´s not wrong either, but with Luka being Luka, he´s not even going to get the high-end backup 20-25 MPG his play warrants. Josh Reaves might actually be more suited to that 8-10 minutes every other game that are available behind Luka, Wright, Curry and THJ. Given our roster configuration it doesn´t look like much will change until 2021. We need a trade to consolidate.
Like Reply
Looks I am the only one proud on mavs tonight.
To came back from 2 losses is big (luka + -23pt~) they regroup and contest for a win. Jalen have huge contribution on that.
But hey, better team win today over handicapped mavs, it was fun game anyway with injury exception.

LAC and HOU lost as well, so nothing new on the west...

Keep heads up, it was a good game, Xrays are negative, mavs shoved they can compete w/o LD as well, season is long and in LD's absence team will see gaps easier which where patched and masked when Luka was in. Needs to be looking good even in tough times.
Best wishes to Lukas rehab!!!
Like Reply
Knicks screwed up even more giving away THJ with Porzingis.

(12-14-2019, 11:47 PM)LukTheShadow Wrote: Best wishes to Lukas rehab!!!
Like Reply
(12-14-2019, 11:42 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:

Seth played combo guard/PG for the Mavs in 2016 with great success. In fact his best year as a pro. He could've easily played PG for 3 minutes in the closing stretch of the game.

And there's no way the Mavs trade Brunson, unless its for a serious 3rd star game changer. RoCo, as much as I would like him, isn't it.

Funnily enough its a game like tonight where having CP3 would've won us the game.
Just as likely the Mavs would have lost by double digits because CP3 dominates usage after Luka goes down and THJ and JJB dont go off on their runs that put the Mavs back in the game
Like Reply
(12-14-2019, 11:42 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:

Brunson played 10.7 MPG over the last 10 games. The Mavs would trade him for Covington tonight.
Like Reply
(12-14-2019, 11:51 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Just as likely the Mavs would have lost by double digits because CP3 dominates usage after Luka goes down and THJ and JJB dont go off on their runs that put the Mavs back in the game

Right because CP3 is dominating OKC's offense and isn't letting players like SGA or Gallo shine. 

CP3 wouldn't have squandered away countless of possessions late in the game like Brunson. And he wouldn't have stifled THJ. If anything CP3 is one of the few PG's left that knows how to find the hot hand AND take a backseat when needed. Its why he worked with Harden and Westbrook doesn't.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Bad loss...I don't care if they were down 50 and came back without Luka. They were up 4 with a minute left in regulation, you can't choke that away. And then even in OT, they got up by 4 and had momentum and still blew it
Like Reply
(12-14-2019, 11:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 11:51 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Just as likely the Mavs would have lost by double digits because CP3 dominates usage after Luka goes down and THJ and JJB dont go off on their runs that put the Mavs back in the game

Right because CP3 is dominating OKC's offense and isn't letting players like SGA or Gallo shine. 

CP3 wouldn't have squandered away countless of possessions late in the game like Brunson. And he wouldn't have stifled THJ. If anything CP3 is one of the few PG's left that knows how to find the hot hand AND take a backseat when needed. Its why he worked with Harden and Westbrook doesn't.
Yeah, he is picking up those guys and carrying them to a losing record. 

And by "worked with Harden" and "taking a backseat" you mean became so toxic in the lockerroom Morey had to dump him for the one contract worse than his.  Just like his last team/superstar he played with
Like Reply
It sucks but i'll give Brunson a pass on this one. I think he's still trying to dedicate this game to a friend of his that passed last week.

Lets just hope Luka is going to be okay.
Like Reply
(12-15-2019, 12:04 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Yeah, he is picking up those guys and carrying them to a losing record. 

CP3 is hardly the problem on that roster. Many thought, myself included, that OKC would be one of the worst in the west, they're currently tied for the 8th seed and are massively overperforming and its largely because CP3 is manning the offense. OKC is +8 with him in the court, and they're offense dies when he sits. Not to mention he singlehadedly won them a game by pointing out an obscure rule against the Wolves. 

(12-15-2019, 12:04 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: And by "worked with Harden" and "taking a backseat" you mean became so toxic in the lockerroom Morey had to dump him for the one contract worse than his.  Just like his last team/superstar he played with

That's certainly one way to view CP3's tenure with the Rockets. Firstly, with CP3 the rockets came within a single game of beating the best team of all time. They were closer than any other team in the league to dethroning a healthy Warriors with KD. Had they not shit the bed in the last game and CP3 didn't get injured, the Rockets would've likely won the title (gross).

And secondly, CP3 is a known competitor. Look at the guys he was chastising. James Harden, a guy that is well known for his strip club antics and coming into training camp out of shape, and Deandre Jordan, a knucklehead to the highest extreme. CP3 wants to win, and when he sees people not matching his intensity he gets on their case, and can we really blame him for chewing out Deandre Jordan and James Harden?
Like Reply
(12-14-2019, 11:24 PM)mtrot Wrote: Well, at least the Mavs will be pissed and hungry on Monday night!

This is a tough game at the Bucks, even if Luka was healthy. They won't end the Bucks 18 game win streak without him, if he has to sit out. Bucks and Lakers are playing better than everybody else.
Like Reply
(12-15-2019, 12:29 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 11:24 PM)mtrot Wrote: Well, at least the Mavs will be pissed and hungry on Monday night!

Tough game at the Bucks, even if Luka is healthy. Won't end the Bucks 18 game win streak without him, if he has to sit out. Bucks and Lakers are playing better than everybody.
Well, the heck with that notion.  The Mavs have to prepare to go take that game from them.  This is not little league ball.
Like Reply
I was wondering if I could keep up the same level of hate for the cHeat now that Dwy-ane Wade had retired ( I recommend rhyming it with Diane). Question answered in the affirmative

I hope Luka is alright
Like Reply
KP shot 33% and missed the blockout on the free throw miss that was the biggest play of the game. He’s basically just been a chucker this year who plays a little bit of defense. He can’t seem to hit the broadside of a barn and if you miss shots, you hurt the team. His injury is certainly fully healed. I mean Adrian Peterson had a worse injury than KP in December of one year and led the NFL in rushing the following season. It may just be that he was an overrated chucker to begin with who scores with volume instead of efficiency and therefore does not really contribute to wins. He better turn it around fast and get his percentage up or this contract going to be a nightmare.
Like Reply