Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Green (13pts, 4 rbd, 2ast, 2stl, 1blk, +3)
2.78%
1 2.78%
PJ (9pts, 5rbd, 3ast, +8)
0%
0 0%
Gafford (16pts, 17rbd, 2ast, 2stl, 5blks, in 24mins, -6)
13.89%
5 13.89%
Kyrie (26pts, 7rbd, 4ast, 2blk, +3)
0%
0 0%
Luka (26pts, 11rbd, 15ast, 1stl, 2blks, 2 big defensive plays, +19)
33.33%
12 33.33%
Maxi (5pts, 5rbd, 1blk, +14)
33.33%
12 33.33%
DJJ (2pts, 2rbd, 1ast_
0%
0 0%
Hardy (10pts, 2rbd, +9)
16.67%
6 16.67%
THJ (5pts, 3rbd, 1ast, 1stl, 1blk, -4)
0%
0 0%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 54 DIRKIE: Luka and MAXI!
Landon Thomas (@sixfivelando)
It’s great to see how close Kyrie Irving and Luka Dončić have grown as teammates.

Kyrie got on Luka for missing a free throw at the end of the game, Mavs were up 111-104 with four seconds left.

Luka knew it was coming and smiled.

He made the second one, Mavs win 112-104.

This is a pleasant tweet.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Mavs are 9-4 when Maxi plays more than 20 minutes. Question going forward is how the Mavs get the most out of Maxi without running him into the ground. He is made of glass and simply cannot handle big minutes.
[-] The following 4 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs, The Jom
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 11:10 PM)MFFL Wrote: Again I think I deserve some consideration. I couldn't watch the game until the final few minutes and we were down by 11. We made a massive comeback afterwards

Smile

If you recorded the game and watch later you get my vote.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reunion Mav's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Luka gets my vote for good defense especially when it counted. His defense still counts as unexpected. Honorable mention to Maxi and Kyrie for playing a behind the scenes leadership role on this team.
Like Reply
Has to be someone on the floor during the comeback. I went Luka. Ordinarily wouldn’t because of the curve but he was the man who brought them back.
Like Reply
Feels dirty voting for Luka with his effort the first 3 quarters but he played like the best player in the world for about 8 minutes which was enough
Also shoutout to Hardy for swinging the momentum
Like Reply
Hardy for sure. I think this might be the first game that Hardy has impacted the win in a real way all year. Yeah he had a few big minute games when everyone was out. But this was in a regular game with regular rotation minutes

Big 3’s and attacking. This is the 2nd game in a row he hasn’t looked lost on defense. We’ll take it
[-] The following 2 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/noahweber00/status/1...3092329543
@noahweber00
The Dallas Mavericks head to the locker room after a 112-104 win over the Washington Wizards.

Kyrie Irving and Jason Kidd were sharing a moment as they headed to the locker room as well. Kidd is someone who Irving has said he considers as a mentor.

^cool video. Exum appears to look ok. PJ limping a bit after turning his ankle.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
@triplethreadNBA

Rarely do I say that, but VERY IMPRESSIVE STUFF by Kidd here: Mavs AOT run Kyrie/Luka two-man game. Wizards double off of Kyries man.

Luka goes to the line. Now watch what happens next (see below) #mffl

https://x.com/triplethreadNBA/status/175...55745?s=20

@triplethreadNBA
Next play: WATCH Kidd - he tells DJJ to cut through early to clear the side for Kyrie (knows double is coming again)

Also tells Maxi, but he doesn´t hear it. Kyrie hits the three and Kidd tells Maxi again.

We all know what happens in the next play right? (see below)
https://twitter.com/triplethreadNBA/stat...7465875516

Sure as hell #mavs run it again, fully clear the side and generate a wide open three by Kyrie, which unfortunately doesn´t go down.

Not the genius x and os, but still good coaching and awareness by Kidd to exploit the Wizards D. Kudos!
https://twitter.com/triplethreadNBA/stat...3205498199
[-] The following 6 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, MFFL, Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs, The Jom
Like Reply