Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 54: Washington Wizards (9-43) vs. Dallas Mavericks (30-23)
a little surprised we haven't seen Maxi at PF. Makes me wonder if that is in the plans when everyone is healthy.

This is a game where I would go without Hardaway. Just not doing a lot of good out there today. Also, I was hoping we were done with the smaller lineups.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BolsDamols, rocky164
Like Reply
Lively > Gafford

And I don’t think it’s close. Just a different level defensively. 

WAY too much Gafford tonight on offense and he kinda does the blockhunting thing a bit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesConway912's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Hardaway has to be pushed to the Powell role now.

Beginning to understand why PJ is a 32% 3 pt shooter.
Like Reply
I am higher on THJ than most but I think the Mavs missed an opportunity to trade him at the deadline.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, BolsDamols, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 10:31 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: Lively > Gafford

WAY too much Gafford tonight on offense and he kinda does the blockhunting thing a bit.

Oh, for sure. It is not close.

Kleber > Gafford, except for rebounding.
Like Reply
I’m ready to vote for the Dirkie.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
2 great passes by Luka.

Incredible swing pass by PJ there to find the hot hand.

Can the Mavs continue to play smart??????????????????
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I am sooooo relieved Kyle Kuzma isn’t a Maverick.
Like Reply
Absolutely no reason why Hardy doesn’t take all of Hardaway’s minutes
[-] The following 2 users Like GATA's post:
  • BigDirk41, rocky164
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 10:34 PM)GATA Wrote: Absolutely no reason why Hardy doesn’t take all of Hardaway’s minutes

There are some games where THJ is very good.

This isn't one of them.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Finally got a couple of stops and hit a couple of threes.
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 10:31 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: a little surprised we haven't seen Maxi at PF.  Makes me wonder if that is in the plans when everyone is healthy. 

This is a game where I would go without Hardaway.  Just not doing a lot of good out there today.  Also, I was hoping we were done with the smaller lineups.

Tonight they don’t really have the option to play Kleber at PF unless they want to rely on Gafford even more. I REALLY hope Maxi at PF is a big thing going forward though. We need the size and otherwise the entire C rotation gets overcrowded with Lively / Gafford / Kleber and Powell
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesConway912's post:
  • loki
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 10:31 PM)Chicagojk Wrote:    Also, I was hoping we were done with the smaller lineups.

Marvin Bagley feasted on that Luka-Kyrie-THJ-Josh Green-Maxi line up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • RGP1981
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 10:31 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: Lively > Gafford

People have been asking for a player like this for years. Mavs finally have a Drummond/Whiteside type. Just need to figure out when/how to use him. Looking at his boxscore (16pts/17reb/5blk) one would think that he dominated the game but watching it I would argue that the Mavs looked better when Kleber (0pts/2reb) was on the floor.
[-] The following 5 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, mvossman, Scott41theMavs, The Jom
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 10:36 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: There are some games where THJ is very good.

This isn't one of them.

The problem is Kids doesn't sit THJ when he starts 0-8. He just lets him keep firing up misses.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Kleber and PJ out there is the Mavs’ best option , defensively. It’s working, and it will work in the playoffs.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, rocky164
Like Reply
Never make Luka bleed.
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Example of what I mean: Lively and Gafford can do some things Kleber can’t, but he is willing to sprint to closeout on a shooter. SPRINT.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, The Jom
Like Reply
Luka took this game over. Bring it home, now
Like Reply
QHAT THGE FHAWFNKJLERDSGAEARWDLADKLJHVBADFKVFDHJKSADFQG

WHAT ARE THESE REFS SMOKING???????????????

THEY ARE JUST MAKING UP RULES???!?!?!?!?!?/

EVEN KIDD TOOK A TIMEOUT TO ARGUE WHAT THE FGUCSDFO;IGLNKJAKJLVNVDFSGAKLAJSNA NKLS FADCSDFSAG DFGVA ADFVSGVA DBWBQWADFQEF WVQWVE DQVFWEDQWVREFzxerYHTJNM
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft, MFFL
Like Reply