Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 54: Washington Wizards (9-43) vs. Dallas Mavericks (30-23)
(02-12-2024, 09:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: ‘Keep shooting, Timmy!’

—Derrick Lively II, doubtlessly parroting what he hears from the rest of the Mavs bench, coaches and players alike, all of whom believe in 6th nan Timothy Hardaway Jr.

And it has really worked out well so far Smile
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Mavs average 11tov per game. They had 13 in the first half. They are 4/18 from 3. Feels like all misses were contested 3s early in the shot clock.
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 09:49 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Mavs average 11tov per game. They had 13 in the first half.  They are 4/18 from 3. Feels like all misses were contested 3s early in the shot clock.

They had an abnormally hot shooting game against OKC and thought they could easily replicate that 2 days later.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Luka is forcing the ball to Gafford too much, imo.
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 09:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Luka is forcing the ball to Gafford too much, imo.

Apparently the gameplan is 20pts/20reb for Gafford. Only explanation for the terrible shot selection. More rebounding opportunities for Gafford. More putbacks.
Like Reply
Is everyone gonna kill Kyrie for that pull-up 3, or do we only hate it when it’s THJ and Luka?
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
WOW GAFFORD!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE MORE KYRIE GREEN AND PJ

WAY WAY LESS OF LUKA AWFUL 3S!

(02-12-2024, 09:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Is everyone gonna kill Kyrie for that pull-up 3, or do we only hate it when it’s THJ and Luka?

When only 1 of your 10 shots is bad, you get some leeway
Like Reply
The man can shoot a free throw. I like that.
Like Reply
Luka just throwing it away.

Dude needs to have a long sit. It's crazy to me how awful he's playing right now.
Like Reply
Luka's not taking the game seriously.

Deni for THJ+FRP in the off-season.
Book it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
The shot-missing doesn’t bother me. Some games are like that.

What bothers me are the turnovers. Just some really bone-headed, butterfingered plays out there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 10:02 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: The shot-missing doesn’t bother me. Some games are like that.

What bothers me are the turnovers. Just some really bone-headed, butterfingered plays out there.

I think some of that is mixing new guys in, but to your point, some of it is just lazy play. And I agree, it is annoying.
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 10:02 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: The shot-missing doesn’t bother me. Some games are like that.

Shot selection is the issue. Not shot making.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Why is PJ on the bench AGAIN
Like Reply
The Mavs special. Gafford cannot defend but always gets the rebound. Maxi forces three misses in a row but cannot get the rebound.
Like Reply
It feels like the lineup where Luka is the second biggest guy on the floor is not working against this Washington group tonight.

I kind of wish Washington or Jones Jr was in the game at all times.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
This is a 5 point game but feels like a 20 point deficit.
Like Reply
I just don't get it. Why are they forcing so many shots early in the shot clock?
Like Reply
This is frustrating to watch. It's like they don't give a sht
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
THJ with a horrible 3 (What a surprise)

DJJ and PJ refuse to grab the board
Like Reply