Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 54: Washington Wizards (9-43) vs. Dallas Mavericks (30-23)
Gafford looks small in this game for some weird reason
Like Reply
The shot selection is disgusting. Throwing up prayers. Only Josh and Kyrie are trying to generate good shots. Gafford too. Its like Luka is allergic to passing the ball to PJ this game?

Luka is allergic to making a good play this game is a better way to describe it. He's totally checked out and is playing ref ball. I don't know why I'm continually surprised when he's done this for 2 years now.

Kidd is maybe trying to tank the team to build some sort of adversity with the lineups he's running. He left Luka and Kyrie in for almost the entire 1st quarter and tried to run 3 and 4 guard lineups twice now and kept PJ on the bench.

This is just embarrassing as a team that DLive says "we're a darkhorse". Dark horses don't perform like this against a bottom feeder.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 09:24 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: GAFFORD PASSED!

TWICE IN A ROW!

Can already tell that it is going to be a love/hate relationship for me. Love the offense. Brandan Wright vibes. Rebounds and dunks all day long. But I almost get KP vibes when I watch him on defense. No matter what else he can do the pick and roll / perimeter defense is a deal breaker for me.
Like Reply
Keep shooting, Timmy!

(02-12-2024, 09:28 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Can already tell that it is going to be a love/hate relationship for me. Love the offense. Brandan Wright vibes. Rebounds and dunks all day long. But I almost get KP vibes when I watch him on defense. No matter what else he can do the pick and roll / perimeter defense is a deal breaker for me.

That’s why he will be the back up and lively will be the starter. Remember, the starter is injured right now.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 09:29 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Keep shooting, Timmy!

That’s why he will be the back up and lively will be the starter. Remember, the starter is injured right now.

Yep he's only 2/11!! At this rate he'll need 30 shots to make 6!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I think it’s very clear that the chemistry of the group is going to take a while now that these new guys have been added.

We are going to have to be patient. They have not played together.
Like Reply
Gafford with incredible timing there on the Deni block
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 09:32 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Gafford with incredible timing there on the Deni block

It was a foul. But I am not complaining. When he isn't asked to step up beyond the FT line and can play help side defense he looks great.
Like Reply
Luka going for highlights instead of winning

The Wizards aren't even defending the Mavs and the Mavs are shooting 37% from the field.

7 point lead.

Luka and in turn the Mavs, hasn't learned anything.
Like Reply
Luka treating this game like it's the 2nd quarter of a game where we're up 20
Like Reply
Kidd needs to be fired. He never has his team ready to go against the bad teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
This is a true team. Everybody good on Saturday. Everybody shit today.

Bagley leads all players in +/-. Wink
Like Reply
Mavs really gonna lose to the Bullets
Like Reply
Easy to see why so many of us thought that Avdija would have been the best possible trade deadline addition. Great performance. He can run the pick and roll. Can attack closeouts. Has great timing on cuts.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • rocky164, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Luka 1 for 5 on 3s. How many of them have been transition/early shot clock threes for no reason?

THJ 1 for 6 on 3s and can't buy a single bucket. He's just throwing anything up there and hoping for the best.

How many lazy passes have these guys thrown tonight? NO sense of cohesion on offense or defense.

And it all starts and ends with Luka. It's year 6. NO other legend of the game takes games off like this. E M B A R R A S S I N G
Like Reply
They are still learning how to play with each other, but the low effort didn’t help.

On the bright side, I thought the Kleber/Washington lineup worked well for the 2-3 minute stretch it got. I’ve got that one circled for the playoffs, and I hope Kidd does, too.
Like Reply
It's Luka and Kidd. Kidd needs to hold his ass accountable, but he won't.
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 09:40 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: They are still learning how to play with each other, but the low effort didn’t help.

On the bright side, I thought the Kleber/Washington lineup worked well for the 2-3 minute stretch it got. I’ve got that one circled for the playoffs, and I hope Kidd does, too.

Washington was a bright spot on defense. The Kleber minutes weren't horrible either.

It's hard to look good when you have black hole THJ chucking shots and Luka not caring about anything.
Like Reply
(02-12-2024, 09:41 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Washington was a bright spot on defense. The Kleber minutes weren't horrible either.

It's hard to look good when you have black hole THJ chucking shots and Luka not caring about anything.

‘Keep shooting, Timmy!’

—Derrick Lively II, doubtlessly parroting what he hears from the rest of the Mavs bench, coaches and players alike, all of whom believe in 6th nan Timothy Hardaway Jr.
Like Reply
It’s ridiculous that Hardaway is leading the team in shots taken at 11. There is no way he should ever have more shots than Luka or Kyrie. It’s one thing if he was hot and making shots but this is aweful. He shouldn’t even sniff the court in the second half. Give his minutes to Hardy.
[-] The following 2 users Like rocky164's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply