Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 53: Oklahoma City Thunder (35-16) vs. Dallas Mavericks (29-23)
(02-10-2024, 05:23 PM)RGP1981 Wrote: Yes... but Luka is still better than Dirk. Big Grin

Utah is a bad city...
[-] The following 6 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, mvossman, RoyTarpleysGhost, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:17 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Pokusevsky: the white flag!

FIFY
Pokusevsky: the white flagpole!
Like Reply
To do this is to a very good YOUNG team is most impressive. Veteran teams will more easily throw a game. Young teams just keep coming.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, mvossman
Like Reply
So this is what its like to CRUSH another team on the boards? Feels weird
[-] The following 4 users Like MFFL's post:
  • audiosway, BigDirk41, The Jom, Tyler
Like Reply
12 and 12 from Kleber and those numbers don't come close to showing his impact
I hope to god we can get this guy in the playoffs
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:17 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: This boards been craving younger, bigger talent for a while. Well…
It’s like night and day adding size to the roster. It obviously bothered OKC all game. Remember those games where we had to work really hard to close out? Those are a thing of the past

Young athleticism and size. Defense and length. Boom. It’s so refreshing and we’re just getting started
[-] The following 2 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • BigDirk41, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Anyone else left a little blue down there in PJ's debut?

Seemed to look like a pretty average player to me.

Only one game, though.

Gafford looks like a difference maker, otoh.

Im sure they have a niche plan for PJ.
[-] The following 1 user Likes youzigizag's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
54-40 rebounding advantange. 

[Image: happy-tears.gif]
[-] The following 5 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • audiosway, DallasMaverick, DanSchwartzgan, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply
You see how the trade already changed this matchup between the two teams. OKC is not a very big team outside of Holmgren...they're built on versatile forwards/guards. Both teams were small but OKC was better at it. Adding Gafford and Washington just makes the Mavs a much bigger team and it showed today defensively and on the boards.
[-] The following 3 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
I know PJs contribution wasn’t as obvious as Gafford’s, but like Derek lively, Gafford’s role is really straightforward and easy to jump into, whereas PJ is going to take a while to get acclimated.

However, I think he made a pretty big difference in terms of boxing out, rebounding, attacking closeouts, defending and just generally being a long, quick presence out there.
[-] The following 5 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, rocky164, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero, Tyler
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:28 PM)Jym Wrote: 12 and 12 from Kleber and those numbers don't come close to showing his impact

With Gafford and hopefully Lively Kidd should be able to manage his minutes. 20-25 minutes. Sit out B2Bs.

(02-10-2024, 05:30 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: You see how the trade already changed this matchup between the two teams. OKC is not a very big team outside of Holmgren...they're built on versatile forwards/guards. Both teams were small but OKC was better at it. Adding Gafford and Washington just makes the Mavs a much bigger team and it showed today defensively and on the boards.

That's one part but the Mavs actually build their lead in the "small ball" minutes with Kleber at center. Because they could switch. Because they didn't give up penetration against some of the best slashers in the league.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:28 PM)Jym Wrote: 12 and 12 from Kleber and those numbers don't come close to showing his impact

He was a huge difference maker out there today, especially on defense.
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:29 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Anyone else left a little blue down there in PJ's debut?

Only one game, though. 

14/5 on 60% shooting in only 24 minutes and you're disappointed?  What exactly were you expecting from him?
[-] The following 9 users Like Kidnova's post:
  • BigDirk41, donzingis38, KillerLeft, MFFL, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero, Smitty, ThisIStheYear, Tyler
Like Reply
PJ was great along with Gafford. PJ hit his season averages in 5 less minutes than normal in a new system. I have zero complaints. I think PJ is better than I expected. He's very athletic and can D up. I loved the trades when they happened and love them even more now.
[-] The following 4 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • Kidnova, KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:30 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I know PJs contribution wasn’t as obvious as Gafford’s, but like Derek lively, Gafford’s role is really straightforward and easy to jump into, where is PJ is going to take a while to get acclimated.

However, I think he made a pretty big difference in terms of boxing out, rebounding, attacking closeouts, defending and just generally being a long, quick presence out there.

I think PJ just needs to be efficient and hit for average.... most nights, that's a win. That's the way he looked, and I don't think he needs to be anything else. He's everything Williams isn't. 

Gafford, on the other hand, looks like a man among boys.
[-] The following 2 users Like Winter's post:
  • Kidnova, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:29 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Anyone else left a little blue down there in PJ's debut?

Only one game, though. 

NO
[-] The following 7 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • Kidnova, KillerLeft, Mavs2021, mvossman, RGP1981, Smitty, Tyler
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:30 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I know PJs contribution wasn’t as obvious as Gafford’s, but like Derek lively, Gafford’s role is really straightforward and easy to jump into, whereas PJ is going to take a while to get acclimated.

For having zero practice and basically a small folder on what they run 3 hours before the game, PJ played an incredible game.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 7 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, donzingis38, Kidnova, KillerLeft, MFFL, Scott41theMavs, Smitty
Like Reply

Only one game, though. 

it's probably just you. it's a great debut for him. and it's only going to get better
[-] The following 4 users Like donzingis38's post:
  • BigDirk41, Kidnova, KillerLeft, MFFL
Like Reply
The landlord will not score 19 very often, but if he plays with that energy he will walk into good games a lot.

I also liked how today we could let Luka and Kyrie be stars. The rest of the guys fill in. That is how this team should be put together.
[-] The following 7 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41, donzingis38, Kidnova, KillerLeft, MFFL, Scott41theMavs, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:36 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: The landlord

Is that a typo or a bad ass nickname?
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply