Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 53: Oklahoma City Thunder (35-16) vs. Dallas Mavericks (29-23)
(02-10-2024, 05:10 PM)meistermatze Wrote: Totally wrong take on Kyrie by some guys in this thread. I am SO imrpessed with him, because he NEVER forces it and still drops 25 a night. He goes with the flow, that's why he is the perfect guy enxt to Luka, from a mentality standpoint. Sure, it would be eprfect if he was the size of Pippen with his defense but I mean those two can obviously co-exist and with 3 athletic guys who rebound and can shoot threes is a GREAT team going forward. I am super excited. Best win of the season, I think.

You're not wrong, but neither is dfan1998. Kyrie always plays within the game and never forces it. Sometimes you need your guy to do that though. 

Thankfully it works incredibly well next to Luka.

(02-10-2024, 05:11 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Thunder have a Giddey-sized problem. And I am not talking about the off court stuff. I guess the trade for Hayward happened for a reason.

I swear Giddey isn't this bad. I mean this is a game from hell for him.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Suddenly our perimeters defenders don´t look so undersized anymore with the right back-up. I´ll just say one thing: will need a Plan B next time, cause that will be Hayward standing in the corners not Giddey. In that sense smart move by the Thunder.
Like Reply
Most fun watching the Mavs in a long time. The new guys have been great. Let’s not understate what a healthy Maxi brings though. Almost invaluable if he can defend like this and grab some rebounds. Really interested if we see him at PF with one of the bigs.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Luka managed to sit the whole 4th quarter against OKC

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, RoyTarpleysGhost, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Pokusevsky: the white flag!
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod, mvossman
Like Reply
This boards been craving younger, bigger talent for a while. Well…
Like Reply
I think Gafford will flourish in Dallas's wide open game. If he has some space, he looks he has the muscle to just power in point and rebounds.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Winter's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:10 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I said it earlier but the fact SGA is trying to drive on 6'5 DJJ only to be met with PJ Washington 7'2 wingspan and Daniel Gafford shading with Luka waiting below. There is just SO much more size.

The other thing the trades do is slot DJJ and JG in their proper positions at SF and SF/SG respectively which they are more appropriately sized for. As you alluded to above, the trickle down effect results in making the team size much greater as well.
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:17 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Pokusevsky: the white flag!

I´d sign him for the minimum in the off-season. No joke.
Like Reply
And Powell plays 2 minutes and has a head injury……
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 1 user Likes OBX Maverick's post:
  • RGP1981
Like Reply
Hoop Central (@TheHoopCentral)
Daniel Gafford in his Mavs debut:

19 Points
9 Rebounds
1 Block
63% FG

Only played 17 minutes.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:10 PM)meistermatze Wrote: Totally wrong take on Kyrie by some guys in this thread. I am SO imrpessed with him, because he NEVER forces it and still drops 25 a night. He goes with the flow, that's why he is the perfect guy next to Luka, from a mentality standpoint. Sure, it would be perfect if he was the size of Pippen with his defense but I mean we still live in reality and those two can obviously co-exist and with 3 athletic guys who rebound and can shoot threes is a GREAT team going forward. I am super excited. Best win of the season, I think.

Kyrie wouldn't have to be the second option next to someone like Luka if he could do this for an entire game. And it's not like he never forces stuff. Best example would be the random face up 3s that he loves to take. He is a good fit on offense next to a ball dominant player but over the entire season the Mavs could have used a more aggressive Kyrie. When Luka misses games or is on the bench the offense should run through Kyrie. Not Hardy or THJ. That's when he needs to step up.
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:18 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I´d sign him for the minimum in the off-season. No joke.

I know you would. You are always loyal to your pre-draft evaluations. 

I think it’s time to give up on him, just like it’s time to give up on Mo Bamba, but I’m fully prepared for you to bring them up dozens of more times each.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick, mvossman
Like Reply
One of those games for the Mavs. Even the garbage time lineup cannot miss.
Like Reply
Hardy is such a luxury as an 11th man.
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 04:32 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Luka could have just played on and pressed Dort in the back court with 5s left on the clock. Instead he throws a tantrum and gives up an uncontested drive.

Yes... but Luka is still better than Dirk. Big Grin
Like Reply
Timmy only had to take 9 shots. First game in a while I didn’t even get mad at him.
[-] The following 4 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, SleepingHero, youzigizag
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:24 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Timmy only had to take 9 shots. First game in a while I didn’t even get mad at him.

[Image: this.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ItsGoTime, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I know you would. You are always loyal to your pre-draft evaluations. 

I think it’s time to give up on him, just like it’s time to give up on Mo Bamba, but I’m fully prepared for you to bring them up dozens of more times each.

They can ride in the trunk of the bandwagon, while me, PJ and Gafford are having a party up front. Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-10-2024, 05:24 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Timmy only had to take 9 shots. First game in a while I didn’t even get mad at him.

He’s going to be a true sixth man now, and he’s going to be very good at it. And, he’ll probably be gone at the end of the summer. 

I hope everyone can lay off and enjoy his efforts until then.

(02-10-2024, 05:26 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: They can ride in the trunk of the bandwagon, while me, PJ and Gafford are having a party up front. Tongue

Hey, don’t try to steal my PJ thunder! I know you liked him over the summer, too.
Like Reply