Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Xavier Tillman to Boston
https://x.com/wojespn/status/1755313730106085606?s=20

Memphis trades Xavier Tillman to the Celtics for two 2nd round picks.

I don't know Tillman, but he's listed as F/C., and the Mavs could've afforded this...any love for him around here?
Like Reply
That feels kind of cheap for Tillman. Another good deal for the Celtics.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Great defender but borderline unplayable on offense. With all the perimeter scoring they have and KP's/Horford's injury issues that's as good of a backup as you can get.
[-] The following 4 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd, KillerLeft, omahen, SleepingHero
Like Reply
I wonder what 2nds they are sending in the deal. If it's Boston's own then they basically got Tillman for free. Late 2nds are really worth anything.

(02-07-2024, 02:41 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Great defender but borderline unplayable on offense. With all the perimeter scoring they have and KP's/Horford's injury issues that's as good of a backup as you can get.

Tillman also allows Boston to play a small ball 5 if Horford and KP aren't doing anything that game. 

I seriously think this is a great deal for Boston
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 02:42 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I wonder what 2nds they are sending in the deal. If it's Boston's own then they basically got Tillman for free. Late 2nds are really worth anything.

Tillman also allows Boston to play a small ball 5 if Horford and KP aren't doing anything that game. 

I seriously think this is a great deal for Boston

For sure. I was super impressed with his ability to defend Luka on the perimeter. Luka was forcing the switch again and again even though it was obvious that Tillman was a difficult matchup for him.
Like Reply
The Celtics are sending a 2027 second via Atlanta and a 2030 second via Dallas to the Grizzlies, sources tell ESPN. Boston gets Tillman, a young, versatile frontcourt player who gives them some depth for a championship run.
Like Reply
Jake Fischer
@JakeLFischer
Lamar Stevens is heading to Memphis as part of the Xavier Tillman trade, according to league sources.
Like Reply
Nice deal for Boston. You don’t want Tillman launching threes (he was brutal in one of our games this year) but he can play important minutes if needed. Nice third centrmer who may have some night where he plays 20-25 when they rest KP or Horford and then may have nights where he doesn’t leave the bench.

Memphis looks to target a big man this summer with young players and draft picks
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Brad Stevens has turned into a pretty good GM..
Like Reply
An interesting wrinkle to this Tillman trade, it should tell you what the value of player 2 pretty good 2nd round picks can get you on their own.

Tillman isn't on the same level as PJ Washington or even Andre Drummond, but he is a valuable role player and is a solid 7-8th guy. Mavs 2nd rounders on the face of it are about even as a 2027 ATL 2nd and 2030 DAL 2nd.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply