Poll: Who deserves the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Doncic (35 pts, 18 rbds, 9 asts, 2 stls, blk, +6)
7.69%
2 7.69%
Green (12 pts, 2 rdbs, 3 asts, -5)
0%
0 0%
Irving (36 pts 15/24 FG, 2 rbds, 5 asts, 2 stls, blk, +15)
88.46%
23 88.46%
Timmy (14 pts, 7 rbds, 3 asts, -1)
0%
0 0%
Maxi (7pts, 2rbd, 3ast, 1stl +10)
3.85%
1 3.85%
Powell (2 pts, 2 rbd, 1blk +2)
0%
0 0%
GWill (5pts, 3rbd, 1 stl, 1blk +12)
0%
0 0%
Hardy (6pts, 2rbd, 1ast, +13)
0%
0 0%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 51 Dirkie: Mavs vs. Nets
Who elevated his game to contribute most to this Mavericks win?
Like Reply
It’s fun to watch Bridges and realize how inferior he is to our #2 guy. Imagine finishing at or near the top of the western conference and realizing you get Luka and Kyrie in the first round as your reward? Playoffs are gonna be interesting.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Thank you for making the Dirkie thread/poll!

I went with the obvious choice in Kyrie tonight. I mean he was a menace. He set the tone and basically couldn't miss all night. He came up clutch time and again. He hit 2 big threes in the 4th to basically seal it. Plus his detonation on that alley oop was really special.

Luka had an incredible night. Is it possible to say he had a relatively quiet 35 points? His 3rd quarter was bonkers. His 2 threes basically from half court and various post moves put the Nets in a spin cycle. He also really has stepped up on defense. He's in the 98th percentile on post defense and is now holding opponents to I believe 52% TS on drives which is really good. On the 2nd night of a back to back he plays 43 minutes and grabs 18 rebounds to go with 9 assists???? It's baffling how good this guy is. Honestly as I'm typing this out I'm shocked I'm not voting for him. He is a monster. Luka go get some ćevapčići and a beer! You deserve it.

Honorable mentions to Josh Green and Maxi.

Josh has really started to carve out a role here. He has started to become MUCH more aggressive. That's all he's needed to do and we're seeing how well he fits. Obviously there are some moments where he refuses to look for his own shot. There was one in the 4th where the Nets were doubling Kyrie and Luka and Josh was quite literally wide open for 3 but opted to look for the pass twice. Somehow the ball found its way back to him the same possession again wide open for 3 and he nailed it.  THATS GROWTH! THATS HUGE! That's also exactly what we need. He's become used to being able to rise from a triple threat position to knock down a 3 and I can't say enough how much it brings a tear to my eye. I was down in the dumps with him and had all but given up hope. I was an original purchaser on Green Island and I came real close to selling. I basically leased out my land. I'm glad I kept it though cause I'm... in the Green  Cool

Maxi! He came back down to earth tonight posting regular Maxi numbers. That's okay. He still played incredible defense all night and even found ways to find his shot on offense. He too looks like he's playing with great confidence. I'm glad he's healthy. Please again bubble wrap the dude wherever he goes and hopefully every play until April. We need him healthy.

Grant Williams had once again a strange game. The dude flat out does winning plays on defense and offense. He has some moments that makes me think "Don't get rid of this guy, he does exactly what we need." I mean he straight up blocked the crap out of Claxton to deny a dunk out of nowhere! He grabbed a really key offensive rebound to build momentum. He played some great defense all night. He called for the challenge that all but killed BRK's chances. But then he has moments that makes you think "are we sure this guy is an NBA player and not some champion buffet eater?". There was a moment in the 3rd I believe where Kyrie had the ball iso'd on the wing with Grant in the corner. You could see Luka on the opposite side YELLING at Grant to go set a screen for Kyrie or clear out. Not sure exactly what. Either way Grant stood still and Luka threw his hands up in frustration and looked to the bench. Kyrie still put up a dazzling move and scored over DSJ so it didn't matter. When stuff like that happens, my eyebrows raise. It's not the first time Luka has blown up at Grant. It wasn't even the first time that game. 

Still Grant had some nice plays, even if he had an overall whatever game.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 5 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, MrGoat, Radical Mavs, Reunion Mav, Smitty
Like Reply
The Mavs have 2 stars and supporting cast. Lively could almost be classed a star when he's playing. Irving and Luka accounted for 71 points while the "supporting cast" accounted for 48 points. Most of the time the "supporting cast" accounts for even less. This is not good.

Maxi had an off night scoring, but still provided yoeman's service for the team in general.

Grant Williams and DJJ? Where were they? Oh...they were there...sometimes scurried out to make a play, but disappeared too often.

Josh Green has elevated his play this year, but this wasn't his best game.

Streaky Hardaway earned his infuriating name...

Powell is a yoeman. Dependable, doesn't make many mistakes, leads with his face--but is way down the bench in the best scenarios.

Hardy the enigma. Well...not really an enigma. He's raw and green, but fearless. Almost fearless--there is some confusion in his eyes. I've said before--he has a coaching problem.

Kyrie! Robin to batman. I doubt he would like that, but it is what it is.

There's something sad about an old horse, ridden into the ground too many times, that still pulls the team across the finish line. 35 points, 18 rebounds, 9 assists--if his supporting cast would make the shots would have had many more assists--2 steals, and 1 block. This tired old horse is, of course, Luka. Luka shouldn't have been able to do this, but he did. My Dirkie to Luka.
Like Reply
Luka started this game really well on defense, especially first quarter. Don't remember anything specific good or bad after that, so I guess he was ok until late third or fourth quarter, when most of the team took foot of the gas a little. A little too much to my liking. Irving was also great. Rest of the cast was mostly ok. I would say that no one really stood out in this game in a sense that he vastly outperformed the expectations.
Like Reply
(02-07-2024, 03:36 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Thank you for making the Dirkie thread/poll!

I went with the obvious choice in Kyrie tonight. I mean he was a menace. He set the tone and basically couldn't miss all night. He came up clutch time and again. He hit 2 big threes in the 4th to basically seal it. Plus his detonation on that alley oop was really special.

Luka had an incredible night. Is it possible to say he had a relatively quiet 35 points? His 3rd quarter was bonkers. His 2 threes basically from half court and various post moves put the Nets in a spin cycle. He also really has stepped up on defense. He's in the 98th percentile on post defense and is now holding opponents to I believe 52% TS on drives which is really good. On the 2nd night of a back to back he plays 43 minutes and grabs 18 rebounds to go with 9 assists???? It's baffling how good this guy is. Honestly as I'm typing this out I'm shocked I'm not voting for him. He is a monster. Luka go get some ćevapčići and a beer! You deserve it.

Honorable mentions to Josh Green and Maxi.

Josh has really started to carve out a role here. He has started to become MUCH more aggressive. That's all he's needed to do and we're seeing how well he fits. Obviously there are some moments where he refuses to look for his own shot. There was one in the 4th where the Nets were doubling Kyrie and Luka and Josh was quite literally wide open for 3 but opted to look for the pass twice. Somehow the ball found its way back to him the same possession again wide open for 3 and he nailed it.  THATS GROWTH! THATS HUGE! That's also exactly what we need. He's become used to being able to rise from a triple threat position to knock down a 3 and I can't say enough how much it brings a tear to my eye. I was down in the dumps with him and had all but given up hope. I was an original purchaser on Green Island and I came real close to selling. I basically leased out my land. I'm glad I kept it though cause I'm... in the Green  Cool

Maxi! He came back down to earth tonight posting regular Maxi numbers. That's okay. He still played incredible defense all night and even found ways to find his shot on offense. He too looks like he's playing with great confidence. I'm glad he's healthy. Please again bubble wrap the dude wherever he goes and hopefully every play until April. We need him healthy.

Grant Williams had once again a strange game. The dude flat out does winning plays on defense and offense. He has some moments that makes me think "Don't get rid of this guy, he does exactly what we need." I mean he straight up blocked the crap out of Claxton to deny a dunk out of nowhere! He grabbed a really key offensive rebound to build momentum. He played some great defense all night. He called for the challenge that all but killed BRK's chances. But then he has moments that makes you think "are we sure this guy is an NBA player and not some champion buffet eater?". There was a moment in the 3rd I believe where Kyrie had the ball iso'd on the wing with Grant in the corner. You could see Luka on the opposite side YELLING at Grant to go set a screen for Kyrie or clear out. Not sure exactly what. Either way Grant stood still and Luka threw his hands up in frustration and looked to the bench. Kyrie still put up a dazzling move and scored over DSJ so it didn't matter. When stuff like that happens, my eyebrows raise. It's not the first time Luka has blown up at Grant. It wasn't even the first time that game. 

Still Grant had some nice plays, even if he had an overall whatever game.

Excellent analysis on Williams. I see much of the same. I want to know who does Grant listen to?  He is ours probably so I want him to improve and to rise up without trying to do stupid stuff. Having our team healthy will help him find out and fit his role only if he listens and learns. He does have some defensive skills and hustle skills but I worry he completely lacks offensive skills in more ways than just shooting. 

Kyrie all the way for me. He rose above because he dominated.
Like Reply